RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Team for Sutton (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112581-team-sutton.html)

ABd 16th September 2018 11.55:57

Team for Sutton

Well that performance has given Ricketts a number of difficult decisions with regard to next Saturday's game v Sutton United. Although these are problems I'm sure he's happy to have.

The back 5 will probably remain the same, although I would put in Carra for Roberts if he is back to full fitness.

Obviously Summerfield has to start. And in my opinion Walker is in the same category. So then it's Rutherford or Wright for the last spot. Perhaps Wright would give us the extra physicality for a tough away game?

Then the most difficult decisions lie up top. I don't think you can change the front three after that performance.

moynkeepthefaith 16th September 2018 11.59:59

Re: Team for Sutton

[QUOTE=ABd;2182210]Well that performance has given Ricketts a number of difficult decisions with regard to next Saturday's game v Sutton United. Although these are problems I'm sure he's happy to have.

The back 5 will probably remain the same, although I would put in Carra for Roberts if he is back to full fitness.

Obviously Summerfield has to start. And in my opinion Walker is in the same category. So then it's Rutherford or Wright for the last spot. Perhaps Wright would give us the extra physicality for a tough away game?

Then the most difficult decisions lie up top. I don't think you can change the front three after that performance.[/QUOTE]

Rutherford over Wright for me. Same starting 11.

Danny Boy 16th September 2018 12.09:47

Wright and Walker play same roll so Akil will unluckily miss out, decision is between Rutherford and Young, which Rutherford wins at the moment.

Hard to drop any of yesterday's front 3, but he may decide to use big Mike away.

Nice kind of problems to have.

Foxy 16th September 2018 12.19:00

Ebbsfleet’s set up yesterday with three Center halves and space either side of them suited the front three picked by Ricketts. Sutton will be a different game so there may be a case for recalling Fondop.

One certain change, if he is fit, should be the return of Carrington at right back. The team is consistently improving but sadly Roberts isn’t

René Higuita 16th September 2018 12.37:12

[QUOTE=Foxy;2182214]Ebbsfleet’s set up yesterday with three Center halves and space either side of them suited the front three picked by Ricketts. Sutton will be a different game so there may be a case for recalling Fondop.

One certain change, if he is fit, should be the return of Carrington at right back. The team is consistently improving but sadly Roberts isn’t[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%, Carrington is far superior.

Red Light 16th September 2018 14.13:52

I wouldn't change it on yesterday's showing.

To me the weakness isn't Roberts on the right - it's the other full back position - Jennings.

He was up against a decent winger with speed yesterday and got skinned frequently for pace probably not helped by the needless earlier yellow card. Good going forward and supporting the attack but a liability in defending at times with too many lunges in instead of standing his man up.

Big decisions for Ricketts.

Rutherford has to start for me in midfield - what we had yesterday was ground playing footballers with pace and good running on and off the ball - no hoofball and a distinct upturn in pace right across the front line - I don't see why we should go all defensive just because we are away from home - play like we did in the first 30 minutes and we will blow teams away.

Next two matches are likely to be fast on artificial surfaces - might just suit our style of play if we retain the same team and play it on the floor.

davewilli 16th September 2018 14.38:51

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2182215]Agree 100%, Carrington is far superior.[/QUOTE]

I don't agree, it's a fine line and I would be happy with both but I think Roberts shades it for me. He covers really well, reads it well and is more experienced at right back. He wasn't great going forward yesterday at times but although Carra is always tidy in possession he doesn't give anything extra getting forward.

krux 16th September 2018 14.39:42

Got to be the same team with the same tactics.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

davewilli 16th September 2018 14.41:50

I think SDR will keep a settled back 4 when he can and already knows he can rely on all 3 full backs.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.11:56.