Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23rd September 2018, 17.39:05   #73-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig arian View Post
I apologise for being old fashioned but I think that as we are a club and members of the same organisation, ie the F.A., then the rules should be 'the same for all '. Coincidentally, promotion and relegation should be of the same measure throughout the leagues; at the present it's like a dog's breakfast . Three up ,three down is simple and more importantly more fair imo. Why , in our league, should a club who finishes 7th be promoted to Div 2 after a 6 team playoff.
That's my view on these pitches too. They may be wonderful, but unless we all have them then it is unfair.

I cannot ever recall us winning on one. I remember us getting beaten at Hyde that season they got 25 points (or whatever)
Posted via mobile theme
Old 23rd September 2018, 18.01:17   #74-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Default Re: Is our issue not being great at adapting our style against certain sides?

Halifax and Fylde drew there and Salford lost by the odd goal. Blaming the pitch and ref again for a poor team performance is papering over the cracks.
Leadership is poor and its amazing when 1 or 2 look bad then no-one seems to up their game.

No-one seems bothered on ratings for this one as they will make awful reading.

A chance to make quick amends this week but 2 tough games.
Old 23rd September 2018, 18.27:42   #75-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Default Re: Is our issue not being great at adapting our style against certain sides?

Had time to think about the result. Still disappointed with the performance and we will lose games as we go.
However, champions don't lose too many so hopefully we start a good run again.
I am concerned that our results against the current top 7 aren't that great. IMO I don't think we will be champions as it stands, I would think we will finish between 5th and 10th
Old 23rd September 2018, 22.12:50   #76-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Had time to think about the result. Still disappointed with the performance and we will lose games as we go.
However, champions don't lose too many so hopefully we start a good run again.
I am concerned that our results against the current top 7 aren't that great. IMO I don't think we will be champions as it stands, I would think we will finish between 5th and 10th
Looking at it as it stands, we have taken 5 pts from 5 games against teams in the top 10. We have taken 19 pts from 7 games against teams in the bottom 11. I think we are 4 pts light on those top 5 to be champions. If that average continued to the end of the season against the top 11 teams, excluding us, I think we would be lucky to scrap the play offs.
Old 24th September 2018, 09.05:17   #77-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Halifax and Fylde drew there and Salford lost by the odd goal. Blaming the pitch and ref again for a poor team performance is papering over the cracks.
Leadership is poor and its amazing when 1 or 2 look bad then no-one seems to up their game.

No-one seems bothered on ratings for this one as they will make awful reading.

A chance to make quick amends this week but 2 tough games.
I'll try some ratings based on what I was there to see:

Lainton 5
Roberts 2
Jennings 3
Lawlor 3
Pearson 3
Walker 2
Rutherford 3
Summerfield 2
Pyke 4
Holroyd 4
Beavon 3
Posted via mobile theme
Old 24th September 2018, 09.48:05   #78-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
Looking at it as it stands, we have taken 5 pts from 5 games against teams in the top 10. We have taken 19 pts from 7 games against teams in the bottom 11. I think we are 4 pts light on those top 5 to be champions. If that average continued to the end of the season against the top 11 teams, excluding us, I think we would be lucky to scrap the play offs.
This is fine, but as someone else I think pointed out earlier in this thread or on another thread, at this early stage in the season teams are in the bottom half as we have beaten them i.e. they did not get 3 points against us which would have put them in the top half?

Also - you only consider the top 10 and bottom 11!! What about the middle 3 teams???

If we beat Harrogate tomorrow, we will have 8 points from 6 games against top half teams, not great, but I think anyone who has seen us this year will agree that to consider we should have got into the playoffs last season with the dross that was being offered up, we should be confident of at least a play off place.
Old 24th September 2018, 11.30:05   #79-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Real respect to Captain Pearson for saying sorry about the performance and not hiding behind the excuses of the pitch and referee
Old 24th September 2018, 11.39:17   #80-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
Real respect to Captain Pearson for saying sorry about the performance and not hiding behind the excuses of the pitch and referee
Exactly. He seemed at 'fault' for the first two goals though the first seemed a harsh penalty decision (though he was conned) and the second was unfortunate.

But he manned up, admitted he was poor on the day and has vowed to do better.

Just need all 11 to do the same and we will be right!
Old 24th September 2018, 12.08:42   #81-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazaw View Post
Thank you for the info, straight to the point and also from someone who actually went to the match. Not from one of the armchair posters.
Whether people went to the game or not they’re still entitled to pass comment or is this Wrexham fans forum not the place for that?

If you could let everyone know what the rules are, that would be marvellous.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.46:49.