RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Is our issue not being great at adapting our style against certain sides? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112605-our-issue-not-being-great-adapting-our-style-against-certain-sides.html)

foreverared 22nd September 2018 17.41:25

Is our issue not being great at adapting our style against certain sides?

So we have had a superb start to the season by all accounts. It is becoming increasing obvious that we need to get better at being able to adapt and change our style of play against certain sides. I look at the likes of the Halifax game, Solihul and today against Sutton albeit on a different surface but we could have adapted so much better and I think this is our issue. We are great on the front foot especially at home on our big, open pitch where we can often control play and get the crowd on side. And indeed away we have also been great on occasions and this is where I thought maybe just maybe we have / can learn to adapt our style to more physical, longer balls, defensive style but after today I think this needs more fine tuning even if we did lose Summerfield. What does everyone thing?

RemovedUser 22nd September 2018 17.48:12

Re: Is our issue not being great at adapting our style against certain sides?

[QUOTE=foreverared;2183417]So we have had a superb start to the season by all accounts. It is becoming increasing obvious that we need to get better at being able to adapt and change our style of play against certain sides. I look at the likes of the Halifax game, Solihul and today against Sutton albeit on a different surface but we could have adapted so much better and I think this is our issue. We are great on the front foot especially at home on our big, open pitch where we can often control play and get the crowd on side. And indeed away we have also been great on occasions and this is where I thought maybe just maybe we have / can learn to adapt our style to more physical, longer balls, defensive style but after today I think this needs more fine tuning even if we did lose Summerfield. What does everyone thing?[/QUOTE]

Not many Champions lose 3-0 at Sutton, apparently.
Could just be a bollocks statement though.

woblob04 22nd September 2018 17.49:29

Maybe. We do want play this year and we know we have to mix it against these type of teams. Listened today on the radio and sounds like the goal knocked the wind out of our sails and we just didn't recover. Turned off after Summerfield sent off.

Is it This down to our inexperienced manager? not at all. I've seen enough to enable me to hope Rickets has what it takes to makes us strong competitors in this league. If we can win the league, I'm not so sure. I remember Barnet going up and losing 18 games or something like that. Don't panic every team has games like this. My guess is they will get a roasting and Rickets will switch it up a bit and we hope for a reaction on Tuesday.

Zipper 22nd September 2018 17.52:37

Its near impossible to win every game,move on quickly.

krux 22nd September 2018 17.53:06

We lost today because we were playing on plastic crap.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

woblob04 22nd September 2018 17.57:36

[QUOTE=krux;2183421]We lost today because we were playing on plastic crap.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity any boffin got our results over the last few years on these plastic pitches. No one is arsed if we win on it but if we lose, it's the reason for the loss. Gotta be big boys and accept that teams play on this stuff so we have to beat them on it

NottsRed 22nd September 2018 18.02:21

What important is that we get a reaction on Tuesday and the next few games. Can't forget Sutton got hammered 4 - 0 mid week. They turned it around today so we need to do the same.

krux 22nd September 2018 18.03:17

[QUOTE=woblob04;2183422]Out of curiosity any boffin got our results over the last few years on these plastic pitches. No one is arsed if we win on it but if we lose, it's the reason for the loss. Gotta be big boys and accept that teams play on this stuff so we have to beat them on it[/QUOTE]

Even our harshist critic would have to view the pitch as a factor.
I'm sick of these clubs and their personal pitches
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Red Light 22nd September 2018 18.11:21

Tuesday will be interesting - for many reasons.
is a pattern developing.
Looking at the league table we are yet to achieve a win against anyone in the upper part of the table - Solihull, Sutton, Fylde & Halifax.
is this a barometer of how good we actually are ?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.21:49.