Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th September 2018, 10.38:34   #19-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
People would be daft to suggest we haven’t had a good start.

However this doesn’t mean people can’t comment on some weaknesses that we’ve shown and noting their concerns regarding a few things.

Personally I think it’s a complacent attitude just to say “Ah well we lost, can’t win them all, never mind” without actually analysing why and what went wrong.
Defeats are an inevitability, we won’t win every game, but it’s always the manner of defeat that needs to be looked upon. Good teams (potential champions) won’t have a complacent attitude and will look closely at why a game was lost and what weaknesses need to be rectified.

Just because people are critical of the manner of defeat it doesn’t mean they aren’t aknowledging a positive start. It means they’re looking closely at what went wrong in order to reduce the likelihood of a similar defeat or a repeat performance.

It staggers me how many people just don’t get this.

“Nid da lle gellir gwell” as they say in Welsh.
That's fair enough. But I think we can all see that isn't the sum total of post-game analysis here, the thread title is Flat Track Bullies not Sober Reflection On An Away Defeat. We can analyse what went wrong without jumping to too many conclusions just yet. Much fan analysis is so smarmy that people are hell bent on being the first to say that such and such a thing doesn't work; like it or not there has to be some repeated failure before players or styles are abandoned.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 24th September 2018, 11.00:06   #20-0 (permalink)
"It's Only A Game!"

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Flat track bullies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARTLEPOOLRED View Post
over come big crowd syndrome...
Can someone explain to me what this "big crowd syndrome" is? We are unbeaten at home in front of crowds averaging 5,000+ and we've lost two away games where the support is somewhat lower.
Old 24th September 2018, 11.06:55   #21-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:

However this doesn’t mean people can’t comment on some weaknesses that we’ve shown and noting their concerns regarding a few things.

Personally I think it’s a complacent attitude just to say “Ah well we lost, can’t win them all, never mind” without actually analysing why and what went wrong.
Defeats are an inevitability, we won’t win every game, but it’s always the manner of defeat that needs to be looked upon. Good teams (potential champions) won’t have a complacent attitude and will look closely at why a game was lost and what weaknesses need to be rectified.

Just because people are critical of the manner of defeat it doesn’t mean they aren’t aknowledging a positive start. It means they’re looking closely at what went wrong in order to reduce the likelihood of a similar defeat or a repeat performance.

Agree. Solihull had a plan that neutralised our style of play from the kick off and we didn't have a plan B to cope.

I hope we will have learned from Saturdays defeat and Ricketts will be able to take away from that and get us a good run of form against a difficult set of games.
Old 24th September 2018, 11.10:47   #22-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:

Why? What are you going to do?
Old 24th September 2018, 11.26:55   #23-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
Why? What are you going to do?
Yeh Tom what are YOU going to do about it?
Petition the manager, take a few training sessions, pull your boots on......oh wait this is an opinions board. Sheeesh heaven forbid that as a fan that pays good money you feel the right to comment
Old 24th September 2018, 11.27:18   #24-0 (permalink)
Administrator

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Midfield was over run on Saturday and they didn't supply the forwards with any decent chances. Defence also weren't protected by the same underperforming midfield. Hopefully some changes and a win tomorrow.

As for how we are doing, saying it is "only 12 games in" doesn't sound much but it means over a quarter of the season has now gone. Didn't like the manner of defeat but we aren't having a bad season so far!
Old 24th September 2018, 11.35:10   #25-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
…but we’ve only played Fylde and Boreham Wood at home.

It’s a marathon not a snickers. We need to stay in contention and if that means beating the weaker sides, so be it. I doubt we’re that good but who is?
And Solihull and Sutton away, plus Halifax who were up there.
We have had a good start but when we play the teams around us we don't seem to perform.
Which leads me to my opinion that we aren't necessarily as good as our position suggests (by that I mean as the season unfolds and we play more against our closer rivals we will fall down the pack if the trend continues). Its just my opinion though, it isn't worth anything! I personally don't think you can be champions just by beating the teams from 12th down..

A good test will be the game tomorrow against Harrogate.

Last edited by Ooh aah Paskin; 24th September 2018 at 11.36:52..
Old 24th September 2018, 11.38:01   #26-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Yeh Tom what are YOU going to do about it?
Petition the manager, take a few training sessions, pull your boots on......oh wait this is an opinions board. Sheeesh heaven forbid that as a fan that pays good money you feel the right to comment
If you read Tom's comment again, it makes out that we, the supporters, have an influence on team selection, tactics etc.

Tom seems knowledgeable enough about the game so maybe he’ll contact one of the coaches with his thoughts and observations.
Old 24th September 2018, 11.40:35   #27-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

To be honest, if it ever turns out that supporters have an influence on team selection, we are screwed!
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.05:19.