Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th October 2018, 16.48:54   #1-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Centre of the Kop, half way up,behind the goal....
Twitter: @wrexhamafc

Default Kerry Evans of Wrexham has won September’s Volunteer of the Month for the National League.

Words from the National League:

Kerry Evans of Wrexham has won September’s Volunteer of the Month for the National League.

Kerry is the club’s Disabled Liaison Officer and, having been only appointed in January, has taken to the role like a duck to water. A wheelchair user herself, Kerry personally meets and welcomes disabled fans at home games.

One of first changes she made after taking the role was to reinstate a service for disabled fans on matchdays for those who wish to purchase food/drinks and have them brought out to pitch side. She has also improved the website with more specific matchday information and the process for free carer tickets, as well as helping to make the stadium an autistic friendly one in conjunction with the NAS (National Autistic Society).

Kerry’s other initiatives include changing room tours at the club’s open day, ponchos to keep fans dry and arranging travel to away games. She’s already planning a second viewing platform and continues to make the club as disabled friendly as she possibly can.

Words from Wrexham AFC:

The players, staff, volunteers and supporters of Wrexham AFC would like to congratulate Kerry on her award of Vanarama National League Volunteer of the month for September 2018.

We are extremely proud of Kerry and the amazing work she carries out for the football club. Kerry is at the forefront of making Wrexham AFC a place to enjoy for all and the initiatives undertaken so far by Kerry have improved football experiences for many people.

Club Media Manager, Carl Hogan said of the award: "We are super proud of Kerry winning this award. Although, I know she doesn't carry out her role with such passion to acclaim recognition, it is lovely that the National League have quite rightly recognised the many achievements she has made in such a short space of time.

"Kerry is Wrexham AFC's figurehead for inclusion and has touched many peoples lives already, from providing blankets and ponchos, away travel for those who otherwise wouldn't be able to watch their team away from the Racecourse, making the stadium autism friendly and dealing with the many stresses attached to ensuring that the club is the best around at making everyone welcome.

"There is also much more hard work going on behind the scenes by Kerry that people don't ever see, all on a voluntary basis, which will eventually make Wrexham AFC an even better place.

"Well done Kerry - carry on making a difference and keep up the hard work!"
Old 5th October 2018, 17.03:26   #2-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @@bennosboots

Default Re: Kerry Evans of Wrexham has won September’s Volunteer of the Month for the National League.

Well done Kerry. Glad to see the tremendous hard work being recognised at a national level as well as a local level.
Old 5th October 2018, 17.07:02   #3-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: MRS Front row
Twitter: @kingsevans

Default DLO Wins Vanarama Volunteer award!

ooops sorry didnt realise somebody beat me to it lol

Delete or merge these if needed Mods!

Just wanted to put this out there that the Clubs Disability Liaison Officer or as i like to call her - My Wife! lol has won the Vanarama National League Volunteer of the month for september

This is a fantastic achievment as she's only been in the role since January and only actively doing the role itself for just over 6 months, she works bloody hard behind the scenes both at home and at the club to make things better, so more fans feel included and can attend games at the Racecourse

As everyboy probably knows she already has implemented, Away Travel for Wheelchair users, which is almost booked up completly, Made the Stadium Autistic Friendly, for EVERY HOME GAME with the help of NAS Wrexham, she has also bought in RED blankets for cold nights and Waterproof Ponchos for Rainy Days

Speaking of Red Blankets, she has had so much feedback about the Blankets, and people wishing to purchase these, she has arranged, ordered and sold 100 of them, with the Club badge on to raise money for the away transport for next season! with more orders to follow

She has also asked the club to change the doorway in the club shop to an automatic door to air Disabled Fans getting in and out, this should be completed very soon,
New signs around the ground and also changes to the club website to aid fans too, helped the DSA in getting the ADC commentry the go ahead, sorted bucket collections out for every game this season and also arranged a helping hand during the game for Wheelchair Users of Elderly etc by asking a member of the Food/Drink team to come out and take orders, that are then Delivered back to them.
also hosting a reminiscence group one a month to help people with Dementia or other memory problems, and is also working behind the scenes at the moment to make the Stadium Dementia friendly.

I know she has many more plans to do more at the club, and is currently working with Phil Salmon and the rest of the Focus group to bring Wheelchair Platform No2 to Wrexham Afc

I have to add I am Immensly proud of the things she has done already and see the hard work at night and weekends when at home, I know there are lots more she would like to do too and hope the club can beneft from her hard work in the future

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/aw...september-2018

Caring Kerry Is In A League Of Her Own! - The Vanarama National League

Last edited by kingsevans; 5th October 2018 at 17.10:46..
Old 5th October 2018, 17.08:24   #4-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Default Re: Kerry Evans of Wrexham has won September’s Volunteer of the Month for the National League.

Just wanted to put this out there that the Clubs Disability Liaison Officer or as i like to call her - My Wife! lol has won the Vanarama National League Volunteer of the month for september

This is a fantastic achievment as she's only been in the role since January and only actively doing the role itself for just over 6 months, she works bloody hard behind the scenes both at home and at the club to make things better, so more fans feel included and can attend games at the Racecourse

As everyboy probably knows she already has implemented, Away Travel for Wheelchair users, which is almost booked up completly, Made the Stadium Autistic Friendly, for EVERY HOME GAME with the help of NAS Wrexham, she has also bought in RED blankets for cold nights and Waterproof Ponchos for Rainy Days

Speaking of Red Blankets, she has had so much feedback about the Blankets, and people wishing to purchase these, she has arranged, ordered and sold 100 of them, with the Club badge on to raise money for the away transport for next season! with more orders to follow

She has also asked the club to change the doorway in the club shop to an automatic door to air Disabled Fans getting in and out, this should be completed very soon,
New signs around the ground and also changes to the club website to aid fans too, helped the DSA in getting the ADC commentry the go ahead, sorted bucket collections out for every game this season and also arranged a helping hand during the game for Wheelchair Users of Elderly etc by asking a member of the Food/Drink team to come out and take orders, that are then Delivered back to them.
also hosting a reminiscence group one a month to help people with Dementia or other memory problems, and is also working behind the scenes at the moment to make the Stadium Dementia friendly.

I know she has many more plans to do more at the club, and is currently working with Phil Salmon and the rest of the Focus group to bring Wheelchair Platform No2 to Wrexham Afc

I have to add I am Immensly proud of the things she has done already and see the hard work at night and weekends when at home, I know there are lots more she would like to do too and hope the club can beneft from her hard work in the future

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/aw...september-2018

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/...-her-own-53246

Last edited by kingsevans; 5th October 2018 at 17.13:22..
Old 5th October 2018, 17.11:02   #5-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: DLO Wins Vanarama Volunteer award!

Fantastic! We'll done to all involved
Old 5th October 2018, 17.37:46   #6-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

Well done Kerry !!!!!!
Old 5th October 2018, 18.02:46   #7-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Great write up Kingsevans and a hell of a lot of work completed in such a short space of time.

Happy to purchase a red blanket for the cause and also any fund raising on here if ponchos are needed etc. The ‘usual’ crowd on here would put in I am sure
Old 5th October 2018, 18.27:42   #8-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Great write up Kingsevans and a hell of a lot of work completed in such a short space of time.

Happy to purchase a red blanket for the cause and also any fund raising on here if ponchos are needed etc. The ‘usual’ crowd on here would put in I am sure

cheers mate appreciate it, if you would like a red blanket i will tell kerry to add you to list lol for batch 2!

thanks again
Old 5th October 2018, 18.45:33   #9-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Well done Kerry, keep up the good work. It's good people like you who make me feel proud to be a Wxm supporter.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.11:40.