Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th October 2018, 19.12:40   #28-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Default Re: 50/50 draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Would have thought the intention was to make the turnstiles as cash-free as possible. Added complications of ticket selling , sorting counterfoils , and allocating cash would , I suspect, be a non-starter.
Problems that could be solved or bypassed by using more sellers outside the turnstiles however while the WSA run it its under their control.
Old 9th October 2018, 19.44:34   #29-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Quote:
Would have thought the intention was to make the turnstiles as cash-free as possible. Added complications of ticket selling , sorting counterfoils , and allocating cash would , I suspect, be a non-starter.
You seem to have lots of problems but no solutions.
Current sales are poorly managed anyway.
Maybe each game has a unique set of numbers sequentially allocated and start end numbers are put in a machine.
Ticket stubs are a thing of the past.
Old 9th October 2018, 19.55:58   #30-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
You seem to have lots of problems but no solutions.
Current sales are poorly managed anyway.
Maybe each game has a unique set of numbers sequentially allocated and start end numbers are put in a machine.
I do see problems when people start unfairly criticising the work of others without offering workable improvements. You could start by volunteering your services to the organisers maybe?
Old 9th October 2018, 19.59:06   #31-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED2309 View Post
Problems that could be solved or bypassed by using more sellers outside the turnstiles however while the WSA run it its under their control.
I am sure more sellers would be helpful. Also sure Kev Hughes would appreciate being contacted by new volunteers.
Old 9th October 2018, 20.04:20   #32-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Have you given this advice to WST regarding the Christmas Draw?
Old 9th October 2018, 20.11:32   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: UPPER YALE STAND TOWN END

Last Saturday seems to have been a one off. I buy 2 tickets every home match and there is no problem finding the seller in front of the turnstiles next to the club shop. Had also missed him on Saturday but thought no more of it until this thread appeared. Stick with the paper stubs I say . Going down the route of e-tickets would decrease interest IMO and I cant really see how a paper and e-ticket system would work together.
Old 9th October 2018, 21.15:51   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffysheepsupporter View Post
Last Saturday seems to have been a one off. I buy 2 tickets every home match and there is no problem finding the seller in front of the turnstiles next to the club shop. Had also missed him on Saturday but thought no more of it until this thread appeared. Stick with the paper stubs I say . Going down the route of e-tickets would decrease interest IMO and I cant really see how a paper and e-ticket system would work together.
Lots of clubs sell e-tickets and paper tickets for a 50/50 style draw on match days, teams like Hereford United have been doing it a while and their average prize is higher than ours with a much lower average attendance. The online part is closed from 5pm on a Friday before a match to facilitate the paper draw on match day.

Last edited by panda23; 9th October 2018 at 21.17:33..
Old 9th October 2018, 22.38:14   #35-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Have you given this advice to WST regarding the Christmas Draw?
I stood there pulling them apart and putting them in the drum.
Old 9th October 2018, 22.45:19   #36-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
I do see problems when people start unfairly criticising the work of others without offering workable improvements. You could start by volunteering your services to the organisers maybe?
I cant volunteer for everything
My point is about making improvements to increase sales and moving towards a ticketless system. Xmas raffle is different as the number of sellers is so vast as is the target audience.

Or more sellers and make sure they are visible.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.13:47.