Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th October 2018, 07.52:50   #37-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: 50/50 draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
I cant volunteer for everything
My point is about making improvements to increase sales and moving towards a ticketless system. Xmas raffle is different as the number of sellers is so vast as is the target audience.

Or more sellers and make sure they are visible.
Don't disagree in general with your remarks . However, as a volunteer yourself, you will appreciate the sacrifices others make to help the various Supporters groups and the Club itself. Why not approach Carroll Clark or Kevin Hughes if only to discuss ideas?
Old 10th October 2018, 08.10:32   #38-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Understand re buying in shop but how is the physical counterfoil created , and number communicated to punter, if purchased online? I assume such purchases can be made anytime , night or day.
Would i be right in assuming you are finding needless problems because you want the 50/50 to stay with the supporters association rather than the club? would this be out of loyalty to the supporters association so it has the power of handing the funds to the club rather than trying to maximise the income under the clubs control?

You make out that selling raffle tickets electronically is a genius inventive new idea, ever heard of the national lottery?
Old 10th October 2018, 08.20:49   #39-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Would i be right in assuming you are finding needless problems because you want the 50/50 to stay with the supporters association rather than the club? would this be out of loyalty to the supporters association so it has the power of handing the funds to the club rather than trying to maximise the income under the clubs control?
Don't know where you get your ideas from but you are absolutely WRONG in your assumption. I don't care who runs the 50/50 but am appreciative of Kev and his team for the work they do.
Old 10th October 2018, 08.21:38   #40-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Don't disagree in general with your remarks . However, as a volunteer yourself, you will appreciate the sacrifices others make to help the various Supporters groups and the Club itself. Why not approach Carroll Clark or Kevin Hughes if only to discuss ideas?
I think it needs a more modern approach and obviously someone that could create the app. Unfortunately not me.

I dont know Kevin but Carroll unlikely to want change

I dont care who runs it as WSA support the club anyway. I often dont buy a ticket quite often as there is no seller and think were missing out.
Seems the 1864 has a dedicated seller but the 2nd rate Tech End i.e. the cheaper seats misses out.

I dont knock any volunteer but as usual we prob need a few more.

Oh and would it really be better run by the club when we think of the Gold Bond and still not in house.

Old 10th October 2018, 11.28:19   #41-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

Around 8,000 kids and their parents attended a friendly game near here in the North East of Thailand as part of the Children's Day celebrations last January.

Every attendee (children and adults alike) were handed a paper ticket strip of 5 numbers, each of which could win a prize at the half-time draw. Each ticket strip was torn from a book where the numbers were sequential, and - as pagl suggests - the start and end numbers from each book were entered into a PC/Laptop. Winning numbers were electronically selected at random, and shown on a big screen at one end of the ground. It was a much anticipated part of the event by the crowd - with many winning tickets being drawn.

The prize-winners walked around the pitch perimeter to the accompaniment of music, and then up the half way line to the centre circle where they were handed their prizes by the club's chairman and his wife and the sponsors of the event (a brewery, which some may think was inappropriate as the winners were mostly children.) It has been held in the same way for several years and is recognised as being a part of what attracts such a good crowd in a town of just 27,150 (their catchment area is similar to Wrexham's, mainly rural now.) The ground is newish, opened in 2011 and expanded in 2014.

Buriram Stadium, known for sponsorship purposes as Chang Arena is a 32,600-seat football stadium which is the home of Thailand's 2011, 2013, and 2015 treble champions, Buriram United, who won the Premier League again in 2018. Chang Arena is the largest club-owned football stadium in Thailand. Its nickname is "Thunder Castle", the fifth castle of Buriram Province.

The club and the facility is the brainchild of Mr Newin Chidchob, a businessman and former politician. Much of the industry here is farming based on rice growing. The economy is extremely poor, but the club's owner was determined to make Buriram a successful oasis in a rather barren area. His endeavours have paid dividends to the area, attracting many new businesses including many hotels and restaurants. Those were all full to overcapacity during the past few days, when the racing circuit (another of Mr Newin's innovations) held the Moto GP world championship round. The circuit is licenced for F1 racing too - and it is only a matter of time before that arrives.

Strangely, people said that his endeavours would never work... He's proved them all to be wrong. He has the will to succeed, and the determination to see it through.

He, and the community now, are proud of Buriram's successes on and off the pitch. It is something within Wrexham's grasp too if people will believe in the club and in the town and stop running the place down. Lessons to be learnt!

Last edited by The Only Way Is Up; 10th October 2018 at 11.34:12..
Old 10th October 2018, 13.27:46   #42-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

TOWIU

Its about ambition and a desire to change.
The company I work for has a Dutch office and they just make things happen.
We sit pondering all the problems and reasons why it might not work whilst they plough ahead.

I guess if the WSA are happy with the numbers then why try to improve it? I dont know the attitude to improving.

Same goes with Gold Bond which in my opinion would be easier to do with an app and have the potential to reach to people outside the fan base via resellers etc.

Just some thoughts.
Old 10th October 2018, 13.58:03   #43-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
TOWIU

Its about ambition and a desire to change.
The company I work for has a Dutch office and they just make things happen.
We sit pondering all the problems and reasons why it might not work whilst they plough ahead.

I guess if the WSA are happy with the numbers then why try to improve it? I dont know the attitude to improving.

Same goes with Gold Bond which in my opinion would be easier to do with an app and have the potential to reach to people outside the fan base via resellers etc.

Just some thoughts.
We are dealing with practicalities here and I think you are being somewhat unfair in bracketing the 50/50 WSA draw and the Club's Gold Bond competition together. The former is entirely run by volunteers who are variously retired/ working full time/ lacking technical skills etc etc. The other is a business with full-time employees and the wherewithal to recruit those with the right skills and time to devote to a major change. All the Supporters groups do valuable work. Please don't alienate them by making unrealistic demands which they may not be able to satisfy.
Old 10th October 2018, 14.34:29   #44-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

WAFC. I have said the Gold Bond is probably more aligned to an app.
My main point is the sellers are too often not there and the draw could be bigger.

I applaud all volunteers but just because they volunteer doesnt make them above a bit of criticism if they dont fulfill the role. As I also said the WSA maybe happy with the numbers so why try to improve it.

I will keep my £2 in the future like I now keep any money I would spend on a pie/pint because of the poor service. Works both ways.

I also made the point the club hadnt yet sorted the Gold Bond which shows even the FT unit cannot deliver anyway.
Old 10th October 2018, 18.50:24   #45-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Don't know where you get your ideas from but you are absolutely WRONG in your assumption. I don't care who runs the 50/50 but am appreciative of Kev and his team for the work they do.
Fair enough apologies if I am wrong. I just couldn't get my head around you finding so many problems with suggestions to maximise club Income from this

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.31:22.