Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th October 2018, 20.31:03   #37-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Paddock
Twitter: @

Default Re: Harrogate Reaction

If it’s only one stand I won’t be going. The players will feel like the club are treating the game as a trophy game, which it is not. Also what message is it sending to the fans. Who made the decision? Wrong call for me!
Old 20th October 2018, 20.41:31   #38-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Wimbledon at home which we won I think.....next round was away. May have been wolves?? 1981
It was Wolves 15 Feb 1981.
Steve Fox scored for Wrexham early on.
Wolves leveled, and it looked like a replay at the Cae Ras...
Then Wolves brought on NORMAN f**king BELL.

BANG - BANG - two goals all over -we lost 3:1

I don't think he played for Wolves again, and was sold to Blackburn? at the end of the season.

The ground was being re-developed, and the home fans were in a new stand, but the pitch hadn't been moved - they looked miles away.

I think it almost bankrupt the club, before a Derek Doogan Consortium stepped in, at the death.
Old 20th October 2018, 20.46:46   #39-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Fancy us at home against anyone, particularly Harrogate. Mustn’t underestimate them but at the same time why not play individuals such as Hinds, Deverdics, Sargent etc... If we’re not prepared to play them then why pay them?! Hope we get a good draw on Monday to add to the spice as it’s easy to forget that this isn’t about this game...it’s all about the third round draw!!
Old 20th October 2018, 20.51:16   #40-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1054 View Post
It was Wolves 15 Feb 1981.
Steve Fox scored for Wrexham early on.
Wolves leveled, and it looked like a replay at the Cae Ras...
Then Wolves brought on NORMAN f**king BELL.

BANG - BANG - two goals all over -we lost 3:1

I don't think he played for Wolves again, and was sold to Blackburn? at the end of the season.

The ground was being re-developed, and the home fans were in a new stand, but the pitch hadn't been moved - they looked miles away.

I think it almost bankrupt the club, before a Derek Doogan Consortium stepped in, at the death.
Was on special train from wxm for this game, took bloody ages to get home as some muppets kept pulling the emergency cord !
Old 20th October 2018, 20.53:41   #41-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonWrexhamfc View Post
By opening one side it's an extra leveler for the away side. Stamford, Harrogate. Learn from ones mistakes.
I'd at least open the Tech End...If only for some atmosphere behind the goal...Well, for one half any way...
Old 20th October 2018, 21.25:23   #42-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewxm View Post
Was on special train from wxm for this game, took bloody ages to get home as some muppets kept pulling the emergency cord !
was on a bus from the tech with me dad, a blood bath in whitchurch after a stop on the way home,(never to be forgotten)
Old 20th October 2018, 21.27:21   #43-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

I can’t believe what I am reading - we are in the FA Cup and we are just opening one stand for for home fans and one for away. Is this true? This cup tournament has been belittled over the past two decades, in favour of the money dripping Premier League. A sad, sad situation.
Old 20th October 2018, 21.43:13   #44-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
I can’t believe what I am reading - we are in the FA Cup and we are just opening one stand for for home fans and one for away. Is this true? This cup tournament has been belittled over the past two decades, in favour of the money dripping Premier League. A sad, sad situation.
It's the 4th qualifying round. I'm sure if we do qualify, a home tie against league opposition would attract a bumper crowd. Even if it is FGR.
Old 20th October 2018, 22.02:21   #45-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: ERS

We've only ever had the MRS open for the 4th round qualifying games ever since we've been in this division, why are people moaning about it now? The MRS has more seating capacity than most stadiums in this division.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.27:51.