Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd October 2018, 15.40:19   #64-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: FA Cup replay Tuesday night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
I think the club could have done way more - at minimum outlay.

it was quite simple - last week some of us were already questioning if we needed a replay after Saturday, then when would it be ? People have lives beyond following our beloved club - they have work, childcare and other commitments - the more notice they give surely means more fans in the ground and more money in the till.

A simple statement with all the facts early last week would have been very useful including..........in the event of a replay it will be played.....

Should a replay be needed then Wrexham fans will only be admitted to the Mold Road stand / price list attached.

Bamfords will be closed but 1864 and Centenary will be open.

That's all it needed - but instead as this thread shows - half us are guessing and asking questions from Saturday night especially.

This 3 day short notice has nothing to do with it - they should have planned for a potential replay which in some aspects they surely have - all supporters are asking for is valid information so we can all make decisions relevant to our lives and hopefully help the club at the same time.
Stand details, date and prices in the event of a replay were announced on Friday 12th October.

POSSIBLE REPLAY
If a replay was required, it would take place on the following Tuesday evening (23 October) with a 7.45pm kick-off.

The Hays Travel Stand on Mold Road would be open for Wrexham supporters, via turnstiles 25-30.

Due to the short turnaround, there would be no advance tickets, just pay cash at the turnstiles on the night.

Last edited by tokyored; 22nd October 2018 at 15.44:56..
Old 22nd October 2018, 16.20:31   #65-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydyp View Post
By opening only 1 stand the club have set expectations. Usual disregard to fans who sit in the other 2 stands. Hardly surprising as the decision makers will still get to sit in their usual seats!

No doubt MRS regulars will claim to own “their” seats if someone dare sit in their space.

No doubt all the stay at home fans will want a ticket for round 1, 2,3 etc if we progress further.
If the decision makers sit in their regular seats and you don't, which is a pretty wild claim anyway, then so what? They're putting more into it than you or me. The fact that it's the best seats in the ground for a tenner is positive as far as I'm concerned even though I have to move. And yes, more people will come the further we go. You can't walk around Wrexham with a cattle prod making people come.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd October 2018, 16.49:51   #66-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

went to club shop this morning got ticket for F.A Cup game Tuesday night
Old 22nd October 2018, 16.53:13   #67-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
Get a grip. Most of us are sensible enough to realise that it's not financially viable to open all stands for such a game and don't mind sitting somewhere different for a change.

Also, I would've thought most MRS season ticket holders are aware that their seats are only reserved for league matches.

Stop tarring everyone with the same brush; most of us on here are able to deal with change once in a while.
Yes - which is why I will be there early to make sure I sit in mine
Old 22nd October 2018, 17.16:44   #68-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Opening just one stand makes economic sense and common sense says that should be the Yale Stand because that side of the stadium has to be open for visiting teams, directors and officials.
It also houses the Centenary Club which is surely the biggest revenue earning facility on a match day.
Old 22nd October 2018, 18.53:02   #69-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

But could the Yale Stand accommodate both sets of supporters plus the usual segregated void area ? I don't know the answer and nobody will until we see how many turn up tomorrow night.

I'm guessing that the Mold Road stand has greater capacity than the Yale and segregation wont be an issue.

I feel there will be a minority who simply wont attend due to two of our usual stands being closed.

Would be interesting to know how many of us are permitted in the Mold Road stand tomorrow night - i.e. what's the current maximum capacity allowed ?
Old 22nd October 2018, 19.03:33   #70-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Can you pay on the gate for the MRS tomorrow?
Old 22nd October 2018, 19.20:19   #71-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABd View Post
Yes.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 22nd October 2018, 19.21:59   #72-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABd View Post
Yes

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.28:23.