RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Travel to Chesterfield. Use the airport link road (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112755-travel-chesterfield-use-airport-link-road.html)

pagl 26th October 2018 09.37:40

Travel to Chesterfield. Use the airport link road

The new airport link road is open and will save you going through Stockport to get to the A6 and at least 20 minutes off the journey.

Safe travel and bring back those points.

leftfoot 26th October 2018 12.56:08

Re: Travel to Chesterfield. Use the airport link road

Thanks for the heads-up.

John Neals Dynasty 26th October 2018 13.31:00

[QUOTE=pagl;2189501]The new airport link road is open and will save you going through Stockport to get to the A6 and at least 20 minutes off the journey.

Safe travel and bring back those points.[/QUOTE]

Excuse my ignorance here Pagl but what junction off m56 does this link road start? or is it off M6? Or do you take the actual motorway turn off?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 26th October 2018 13.39:35

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2189568]Excuse my ignorance here Pagl but what junction off m56 does this link road start? or is it off M6? Or do you take the actual motorway turn off?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Airport junction and then go past airport onto the link road.

John Neals Dynasty 26th October 2018 13.41:46

Thank for that Pagl will try it
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Always The Kop 26th October 2018 14.23:26

I have put Wrexham to Chesterfield in both Google and The AA and both are sending me Stoke way, Derby then onto Chesterfield....Est time to get there 2hrs .15 mins to 2hrs .30 mins

Is taking the M56 quicker ? I am going to be relying on my phones sat nav

pagl 26th October 2018 14.41:15

[QUOTE=Always The Kop;2189583]I have put Wrexham to Chesterfield in both Google and The AA and both are sending me Stoke way, Derby then onto Chesterfield....Est time to get there 2hrs .15 mins to 2hrs .30 mins

Is taking the M56 quicker ? I am going to be relying on my phones sat nav[/QUOTE]

I always used M56 and then A6 when I worked there, from Deeside anyway.

tokyored 26th October 2018 14.50:30

[QUOTE=Always The Kop;2189583]I have put Wrexham to Chesterfield in both Google and The AA and both are sending me Stoke way, Derby then onto Chesterfield....Est time to get there 2hrs .15 mins to 2hrs .30 mins

Is taking the M56 quicker ? I am going to be relying on my phones sat nav[/QUOTE]

There's currently a crash by Manchester and Runcorn so it'll advise you to go the Stoke way. Also the link road isn't showing up on google maps yet

pagl 26th October 2018 15.13:15

[QUOTE=tokyored;2189592]There's currently a crash by Manchester and Runcorn so it'll advise you to go the Stoke way. Also the link road isn't showing up on google maps yet[/QUOTE]

I am sure it will be gone by tomorrow :)

I wouldnt worry about the map as it will sort itself once you hit the A6.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.10:18.