RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Rotation (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112781-rotation.html)

Haruki 31st October 2018 08.48:30

Rotation

I fully understand that Sam is rotating his pack to keep everyone fresh and to keep all of the squad interested and on board but i can't help feeling that the rotation has put us in a position where none of our attacking players are on form. They are in one week, benched the next and are always lining up alongside different personnel. Fondop certainly has tailed right off, JMD also started well and has faded badly, now Pyke looks well off the pace. In fact in the front three i would say only Beaven looks to be on top of his game.
Is it time we gave a settled 11 a run of games to try to capitalise on our good start

benwilliams 31st October 2018 09.22:10

Re: Rotation

I made an almost identical point on the Chesterfield reaction thread so I agree entirely.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

ABd 31st October 2018 09.41:50

I’d go with Holroyd down the middle for Saturday, with Beavon and Rutherford.

At least you get guaranteed effort with those three, and also Holroyd won’t forget how to run when through on goal.

Bryn Tirion 31st October 2018 09.46:40

[QUOTE=Haruki;2190760]I fully understand that Sam is rotating his pack to keep everyone fresh and to keep all of the squad interested and on board but i can't help feeling that the rotation has put us in a position where none of our attacking players are on form. They are in one week, benched the next and are always lining up alongside different personnel. Fondop certainly has tailed right off, JMD also started well and has faded badly, now Pyke looks well off the pace. In fact in the front three i would say only Beaven looks to be on top of his game.
Is it time we gave a settled 11 a run of games to try to capitalise on our good start[/QUOTE]

And this rotation policy makes it ven more bizarre that Hinds isn’t getting a game. As you say, it isn’t as if he’s keeping to the same players every week is it?

redmatt 31st October 2018 09.48:50

I hope Holroyd gets a chance Saturday
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Red Light 31st October 2018 09.52:38

Perhaps borne out by frustration - nobody seems to know who the best 3 forwards are - not even Ricketts so it might be a case of continually changing it in an attempt to discover the perfect solution.

Nobody came out of last night's match with a glowing report.

davewilli 31st October 2018 09.55:21

To be fair the last few games there has been less rotation. Full backs have had to change due to injuries, the 3 in midfield have remained the same since Summerfields injury and it's been perm 3 from 4 up top. Beavon's minutes probably influence things and obviously need nanaging. Last night was crying out for change, Holroyd's experience and even a gamble on Deverdic's form may have given better options of passing the ball and got us on the front foot.

pagl 31st October 2018 11.17:17

[QUOTE=davewilli;2190780]To be fair the last few games there has been less rotation. Full backs have had to change due to injuries, the 3 in midfield have remained the same since Summerfields injury and it's been perm 3 from 4 up top. Beavon's minutes probably influence things and obviously need nanaging. Last night was crying out for change, Holroyd's experience and even a gamble on Deverdic's form may have given better options of passing the ball and got us on the front foot.[/QUOTE]

Its bizarre as you would think any player coming in and getting a chance would look to try and grab it with both hands. Holroyd was poor against Chesterfield (apparently) so where does Sam go from there, likewise Deverdics has looked a lost soul in his fleeting appearances.
What does Hinds need to do to get a place on the bench and then 20-30 mins on the pitch.

Changes for injures and suspensions are part and parcel but I think we have a few players that are not performing well enough and Sam is therefore taking a horses for courses approach which has worked to a level but has affected consistency in performance over 90 mins.

Poethlyn 31st October 2018 11.37:57

What has happened to Pyke, he didn't look interested at Chesterfield or last night. Lack of work rate and not battling for the ball and looked totally off the pace.

Pyke and JMD are on loan from premier league clubs but are not showing the hunger or quality you would expect if they are going to make it at a high level in the game.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.43:25.