Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st October 2018, 13.08:16   #10-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: January and the three weaknesses

We have been in this predicament for years - we do not have a goal scoring centre forward and Mike will never fill that role.
We are weak at left back.
We have no creativity in mid field.

No one is running away with it this season although I fear the Jan. window may come too late and that's even if we manage to fill those positions.

As for Lainton he is an excellent goalie at this level, in my estimation has won us more points than any other player (along with Pearson and Manny) but he has surely had his season's share of good luck already...….I've never understood a rabbit's foot being good luck - it certainly wasn't for the rabbit - but I reckon he's got a car boot full!

I don't think he gets the praise he deserves.
Old 31st October 2018, 13.22:04   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Agree. Beavon is an asset not a liability. Fondop may come good with time, but he is not good enough to start - he is more a battering ram than a foil

Personally, I think we need all of the following:

1. A proven CF who can score goals.

2. A midfield general who can play football - to be supported by Summerfield and Young.

3. A winger to add width and pace.

4. A LB to shore up the defence.

We are in a very good position, but we need to add quality if we are to make the most of this great opportunity to get back into the FL. The cash is there - especially if we progress in the FA Cup. No time for sentimentality; we need to be more ruthless.
spot on Sir.
Old 31st October 2018, 13.41:52   #12-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
Agree. Beavon is an asset not a liability. Fondop may come good with time, but he is not good enough to start - he is more a battering ram than a foil

Personally, I think we need all of the following:

1. A proven CF who can score goals.

2. A midfield general who can play football - to be supported by Summerfield and Young.

3. A winger to add width and pace.

4. A LB to shore up the defence.

We are in a very good position, but we need to add quality if we are to make the most of this great opportunity to get back into the FL. The cash is there - especially if we progress in the FA Cup. No time for sentimentality; we need to be more ruthless.
Out of them I would say No 2 is the priority. If we can get someone who can stamp there mark on midfield it both creates more for the attackers to work on and takes pressure off of the defence. I lost count of how many times last night your heard the commentator say that it was lost in midfield due to a loose pass. Whats Scott Green doing these days?

IMHO I don't think we will be able to get an attacker of the quality in we need in the January window. At best it will be another loan signing.
Old 31st October 2018, 14.02:13   #13-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Is Quigley getting any more minutes at Port Vale now? If not, he could be an option!
Old 31st October 2018, 14.07:02   #14-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillEBadass View Post
We have been in this predicament for years - we do not have a goal scoring centre forward and Mike will never fill that role.
We are weak at left back.
We have no creativity in mid field.

No one is running away with it this season although I fear the Jan. window may come too late and that's even if we manage to fill those positions.

As for Lainton he is an excellent goalie at this level, in my estimation has won us more points than any other player (along with Pearson and Manny) but he has surely had his season's share of good luck already...….I've never understood a rabbit's foot being good luck - it certainly wasn't for the rabbit - but I reckon he's got a car boot full!

I don't think he gets the praise he deserves.
i think with the back four it really picks itself ,we have the cover with carrington and lawler with even Roberts doing a stint at CB.the keeper is superb and not got the praise he deserves

young ,summerfield and rutherford are doing ok but we need that little bit of stardust to get get us on the front foot .

but most importantly we need a striker who is going to score the goals and compliment Beavon.

we need to beg steal or borrow to get them two quality players in .

we then would have the squad to win this league .

we know who the dead wood is ,get rid to free some money up and add a lot more .
Old 31st October 2018, 14.26:04   #15-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvred View Post
Is Quigley getting any more minutes at Port Vale now? If not, he could be an option!
I think he's our best option.
Old 31st October 2018, 14.38:59   #16-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Walker
Young Summerfield

That’s a decent midfield.None of this 2 defensive midfielder rubbish.

The front 3 is where the issues are.

Beavon /JMD
New forward/ Fondop
New forward/Pyke

Holroyd, Hinds, Burgess and Deverdics to go.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 31st October 2018, 14.41:32   #17-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I think he's our best option.
Did they take him on loan or sign him?
Old 31st October 2018, 14.43:04   #18-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Paddock

So far this season we are averaging 2.11 per game which over the course of the season would see us finish on 97 points. I believe we are a good centre forward away from having a really good chance.

Last edited by sionwxm; 31st October 2018 at 14.48:04..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.19:19.