RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Balanced Midfield (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112799-balanced-midfield.html)

KingConnolly 3rd November 2018 18.10:04

Balanced Midfield

I cannot help thinking that one of the main reasons for our vastly improved performance today was the balance in midfield

With Wright and Walker it is too defensive but sadly in Summerfields absence clearly the manager did not trust Deverdics. Walker offer more than Akil so all in all our best 3 in there

benwilliams 3rd November 2018 18.10:48

[QUOTE=KingConnolly;2191609]I cannot help thinking that one of the main reasons for our vastly improved performance today was the balance in midfield

With Wright and Walker it is too defensive but sadly in Summerfields absence clearly the manager did not trust Deverdics. Walker offer more than Akil so all in all our best 3 in there[/QUOTE]

Agree with this, I like Akil but Walker probably in ahead of him on merit at the moment. Think we forget how young Akil is though.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

jacthelad 3rd November 2018 19.14:18

Re: Balanced Midfield

That midfield is spot on for me. I like both wright and walker but not together one deep summerfield and allow young to push on a bit works well.

corwenred 3rd November 2018 19.25:25

Agree with the other posts. This is by far out best midfield. Wright and Walker play similar roles. Summerfield is quality.

Royal welsh red 3rd November 2018 19.52:10

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2191610]Agree with this, I like Akil but Walker probably in ahead of him on merit at the moment. Think we forget how young Akil is though.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

The same age as walker isn’t he?

Old Paddock Man 3rd November 2018 19.54:21

[QUOTE=Royal welsh red;2191662]The same age as walker isn’t he?[/QUOTE]

He is but way behind in terms of first team experience as I recall.

benwilliams 3rd November 2018 19.57:40

[QUOTE=Royal welsh red;2191662]The same age as walker isn’t he?[/QUOTE]

Yes I wasn't necessarily comparing him with Walker age wise but I do think he gets an unfairly hard time given how much he has to offer and his age.

Flumpadinks a RED 3rd November 2018 19.58:34

Salford to contact Summerfield soon, offer him silly amount to ditch us in Jan. Disrupt us and halt our promotion push. Sound familiar.....

Summerfield isn't a disruptive tool though that we would allow to leave, and have learnt from that one.

riccardo 3rd November 2018 20.02:00

We have such a strong squad of central midfielders this season...pick any from Walker, Young, Wright, Rutherford, Summerfield, even Burgess, Deverdics and Carrington as backup-must be one of the best in the league.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.28:51.