RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   BHS - Beavon ,Holroyd , Summerfield (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112802-bhs-beavon-holroyd-summerfield.html)

Barry Diamond 3rd November 2018 19.50:40

BHS - Beavon ,Holroyd , Summerfield

No coincidence we were a different team with these three proper footballers starting - last time they were together at home we dismantled Ebbsfleet and today was best performance since then - beyond me how some don’t seem to rate rate Holroyd . If these three can play the majority of games we have a chance - all were superb today , made sure we retained and kept moving the ball unlike Tuesday night

benwilliams 3rd November 2018 20.00:03

Re: BHS - Beavon ,Holroyd , Summerfield

Holroyd was more ok than superb in my view bug probably deserves to start in the cup game. Rutherford needs a special mention too he was excellent
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

DenbighRed 3rd November 2018 20.10:18

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2191689]Holroyd was more ok than superb in my view bug probably deserves to start in the cup game. Rutherford needs a special mention too he was excellent
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Whoever spearheads the attack, a big part of their role is to hold the ball up and bring others in to play. Holroyd was 10x more effective at that than Fondop, who started at Chesterfield.

As things stand he’s our best option in the middle of the 3.

SUMMERHILLIAN 3rd November 2018 20.31:40

[QUOTE=Barry Diamond;2191684]No coincidence we were a different team with these three proper footballers starting - last time they were together at home we dismantled Ebbsfleet and today was best performance since then - beyond me how some don’t seem to rate rate Holroyd . If these three can play the majority of games we have a chance - all were superb today , made sure we retained and kept moving the ball unlike Tuesday night[/QUOTE]
you got it bang on mate

dlrwrexham 3rd November 2018 20.39:51

[QUOTE=Barry Diamond;2191684]No coincidence we were a different team with these three proper footballers starting - last time they were together at home we dismantled [B]Ebbsfleet[/B] and today was best performance since then - beyond me how some don’t seem to rate rate Holroyd . If these three can play the majority of games we have a chance - all were superb today , made sure we retained and kept moving the ball unlike Tuesday night[/QUOTE]

I think Pyke started up top that day [with Beavon and Holroyd],and the conclusion I drew then was the same as I drew today ... We're probably better without JM-D.Three hard working and relatively savvy forwards makes difference,as opposed to two such players and a lad who seems to lack an appetite for the fight.:)

Alan Attack 3rd November 2018 20.50:24

[QUOTE=dlrwrexham;2191707]I think Pyke started up top that day [with Beavon and Holroyd],and the conclusion I drew then was the same as I drew today ... We're probably better without JM-D.Three hard working and relatively savvy forwards makes difference,as opposed to two such players and a lad who seems to lack an appetite for the fight.:)[/QUOTE]

I hear what you say but there’ll be games where there’ll be nothing between Holroyd and Beavon. Let’s not forget Pyke won last weekend’s penalty!

It’s encouraging that we have depth to the squad however, it’s a shame only 2 of the 5 attackers are our players.

dlrwrexham 3rd November 2018 20.54:09

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2191713]I hear what you say but there’ll be games where there’ll be nothing between Holroyd and Beavon. Let’s not forget Pyke won last weekend’s penalty!

It’s encouraging that we have depth to the squad however, it’s a shame only 2 of the 5 attackers are our players.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't a criticism of Pyke Al,he played well against Fleet,and I rate the lad.Still a bit to learn,but decent and an honest,hard working player.

Foxy 3rd November 2018 21.00:14

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2191713]I hear what you say but there’ll be games where there’ll be nothing between Holroyd and Beavon. Let’s not forget Pyke won last weekend’s penalty!

It’s encouraging that we have depth to the squad however, it’s a shame only 2 of the 5 attackers are our players.[/QUOTE]

I think it’s a relief that only a few are “our players”. Of the strikers we have here at the moment , the only ones I would like to see here next season are Rutherford (for his effort) and Fondop ( he has something to develop). Of the others ...

Pyke - very lazy albeit potential
JMD - great left foot but nothing else to offer
Beavon - terrific energy and football brain but can only play 60 minutes and doesn’t offer a goal threat
Holroyd - ok in every aspect of a striker but not good at anything in particular

In short we need 2-3 quality strikers.

Alan Attack 3rd November 2018 22.00:17

[QUOTE=Foxy;2191720]

Pyke - very lazy albeit potential
JMD - great left foot but nothing else to offer
Beavon - terrific energy and football brain but can only play 60 minutes and doesn’t offer a goal threat
Holroyd - ok in every aspect of a striker but not good at anything in particular

In short we need 2-3 quality strikers.[/QUOTE]

We probably have as good as we can attract. Your summing up of Pyke and Maguire-Drew is just wrong. Both are quality players but at times this league doesn’t reward good technicians.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.41:06.