Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th November 2018, 06.16:36   #73-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Who would you keep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Each and every transfer window is a time for change in the modern game.
IMO now is exactly the right time to talk about it

Too many times we have failed to sieze the January moment and the only time we did was when Keates had to save the season. We have players surplus to requirements and can make improvements. I would prefer to bring someone in that is keen to do well rather than someone running down the rest of their contract.

I am hoping Sam has a similar mindset.
Totally agree with all of the above - I believe Sam has the right mindset and will recruit.
Old 10th November 2018, 20.09:10   #74-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Pigeon Loft

Dave Artell has stated Wrexham would need to buy Brad Walker. That's a Second Div side saying they are willing to sell a player, that isn't in their first team, to a Conference side.

We are aiming for the second division. Dave Artell might be wrong, but I don't see a flood of offers coming in for Brad Walker from anywhere else, based on his previous record.

I don't think anyone else on here sees the defensive midfielder as a weakness, but look at it another way : If Walker, Summerfield, Young is our best midfield, then who is the weakest out of that three?
Old 10th November 2018, 20.33:14   #75-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Weakest in what way? Walker is the most limited footballer of the three (although he can certainly pass the ball) but he plays a completely different role to the other two.

He's also only 22. He fits the profile of players we should be signing Imo.
Old 10th November 2018, 20.34:03   #76-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
Dave Artell has stated Wrexham would need to buy Brad Walker. That's a Second Div side saying they are willing to sell a player, that isn't in their first team, to a Conference side.

We are aiming for the second division. Dave Artell might be wrong, but I don't see a flood of offers coming in for Brad Walker from anywhere else, based on his previous record.

I don't think anyone else on here sees the defensive midfielder as a weakness, but look at it another way : If Walker, Summerfield, Young is our best midfield, then who is the weakest out of that three?
I think Artell was reacting to what Walker was quoted as saying in the Leader realising Walker's days at Crewe are probably over but not prepared to let him see the season out on loan. Especially after going out of the cup in the first round today, Crewe will be keen to get a small fee for him rather than let him see his contract run out in the summer. Crewe fans rate him as a steady L2 player and were surprised he dropped down a level and he has made a big difference bringing mostly consistent displays in the holding midfield role, so hopefully something can be sorted.
Old 10th November 2018, 22.11:38   #77-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

To clarify my last post : I was asking others to rank Walker as a defensive midfielder and rank Summerfield and Young in their respective roles against other persons who play these roles. I'd say Summerfield and Young are near the top of the Conference players for their positions. I'd say Walker is not as high in the rankings as a defensive midfielder and we should get a better one.

I am not attacking Walker for being bad at his job. I simply believe we could get major rewards with someone of the ability of Russell Penn, but with the physical attributes of Walker. That would not be cheap. That's why I estimated a cost of 250K.

Last season Keates wasted his time chasing Cook, we could waste our time chasing Rowe/Bonne this year. I have far greater confidence in getting a classy defensive midfielder in January and more confidence that with better service the attack we've got would work better.
Old 10th November 2018, 22.16:36   #78-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
I think Artell was reacting to what Walker was quoted as saying in the Leader realising Walker's days at Crewe are probably over but not prepared to let him see the season out on loan. Especially after going out of the cup in the first round today, Crewe will be keen to get a small fee for him rather than let him see his contract run out in the summer. Crewe fans rate him as a steady L2 player and were surprised he dropped down a level and he has made a big difference bringing mostly consistent displays in the holding midfield role, so hopefully something can be sorted.
The way you, and the Crewe fans are describing Walker is telling ; 'mostly consistent displays' and 'a steady L2 player'. I wouldn't disagree with either description.

So you feel that Wrexham, with a chance of promotion and money in the bank should sign a player meeting those descriptions?
Old 10th November 2018, 22.38:31   #79-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congy Red View Post
The way you, and the Crewe fans are describing Walker is telling ; 'mostly consistent displays' and 'a steady L2 player'. I wouldn't disagree with either description.

So you feel that Wrexham, with a chance of promotion and money in the bank should sign a player meeting those descriptions?
Yes, he has improved us In the short term, seems to compliment our other centre mids, provides extra centre back cover and hopefully competition to push Wright on. The only reasons, I wouldn't sign him is if Crewe stick an extortionate fee on him thinking we will push the boat out for him in January, or SDR has someone better lined up.
Old 10th November 2018, 22.53:21   #80-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Just because Walker may be better than Wright, it doesn't mean Wright has to go. A strong squad is a major plus for us. Most teams would kill for Akil in their side.
Old 11th November 2018, 01.24:45   #81-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Walker is better than Wright for me. Apparently Akil played on the right wing for Barrow and was good, he might be worth a look in that position.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.31:30.