Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th November 2018, 19.37:55   #1-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Maidstone ratings

Strange game to be honest, we were all over them at times 1st half, they couldn't live with us but we just couldn't create a clear cut opportunity and some desperate defending and lucky breaks saved them. Second half a different story, they pressed us well, nothing stuck up front and our midfield kept getting pressured into making bad options or giving the ball away. Our goal was very fortunate but came from the only time in the second half that we had some calmness on the ball and put a few passes together.

In terms of ratings a mixed bag:

Lainton 7 - not much to do really, their goal was a quality strike but did what he had to competently as he has all season, exudes calmness and a massive upgrade on Dunn
Roberts 7 MOM no one gets an 8 for me this week so a few contenders for MOM and I'd say Kev shades it, some heroic defensive blocks when we were under the cosh 2nd half
Jennings 6 - mixed bag but gave the ball away when pressed on too many occasions 2nd half, would he make Salford or Orient's team? I have my doubts
Lawlor 7 - close to MOM defended well throughout
Pearson 6.5 - better than Jennings but caught facing the wrong way a few times and not his best game
Summerfield 6.5 - good 1st half but like the whole team struggled when pressed 2nd half, not bad but not influential
Young 6 - booked early on and seemed to affect him, sloppy in possession throughout and again not one of his more dominant displays
Wright 6.5 - thought he added bite and drive to the midfield but again looked a little sloppy and leggy in the 2nd half and was replaced by walker who got a heavily deflected equaliser
Pyke 6 - frustrating afternoon, had the beating of the right back all 2nd half but either luck or a poor end product meant he couldn't break through. Another sloppy in possession and off pace 2nd half
Fondop 5 - the ultimate enigma, some delightful moments of skill 1st half with no end product, didn't endear himself to Maidstone fans with throwing himself to the ground at every opportunity. 2nd half he was abysmal, I literally don't think he did anything, he certainly didn't win a header all half. Amazed it took til around 87 mins for Beavon to replace him and sadly he will be back on the bench at best v Orient
Rutherford 6 - great in the last league game v Gateshead, offered v little as an attacking threat today but energetic as always

Subs

Beavon NA
Walker 6.5 - got the equaliser through a heavily deflected effort but slightly sloppy on possession
Maguire-drew 6 - marginally better than Rutherford who he replaced but hardly a display to justify putting him back in the 1st 11

All in all I'll take the point but I think the league champions win games like this.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by benwilliams; 17th November 2018 at 19.39:21..
Old 18th November 2018, 09.33:09   #2-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Maidstone ratings

I would agree with most of Ben's comments/ratings but would add
- While I agree Kev made some telling blocks (inc one which looked goalbound when we were already 1-0 down) I thought overall Lawlor looked our most assured defender and very comfortable on the ball.
- Some of Young's runs from deep were good but his passing was not great yesterday. Never gave up though, like Rutherford.
- I would give Fondop a 6 for his first half performance as he had the Stones defence rattled but sadly no end product. I don't think he tried a single shot on goal.
- JMD I thought was disappointing. No sign of the surging runs he is capable of.

I still think it was a point gained rather than 2 lost. Our defence is even better than last season and Sam is going to face a selection headache when Manny is fit again. Can he really drop Lawlor? However, as others have said elsewhere we need above all a striker who can put the ball in the net on a regular basis. There must be some we can shift out to make way - Burgess, Deverdics and hinds if he isn't going to play. Hopefully we can stay in touch with the top 3 until January and then kick on.
Old 18th November 2018, 10.26:56   #3-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

NLP has far too many 6/10 performances. Is that the general consensus?
Old 18th November 2018, 10.30:26   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
NLP has far too many 6/10 performances. Is that the general consensus?
Yes
Old 18th November 2018, 10.40:12   #5-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Change Young and Rutherford to 5s and JMD to a 3 and you're about right.
Old 18th November 2018, 11.42:04   #6-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Jackoisback View Post
Yes
Need 7s and a couple of 8s if your going to win the league.
Old 18th November 2018, 14.21:40   #7-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Need 7s and a couple of 8s if your going to win the league.
We're saving them for Orient.
Old 18th November 2018, 14.24:42   #8-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinman View Post
We're saving them for Orient.
Lets hope so we will need them.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.27:02.