Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st December 2018, 19.05:22   #311-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Sam wasn't ars*d about going, board said he could. Kick in the balls for him. Didn't even put up a fight FFS.

Didn't get the backing he wanted in the summer either and wasn't sounding good for Jan, up until out cup run. Many players slipped through his fingers at the last minute hence his odd statements.
this is obviously sam's mother talking
Old 1st December 2018, 19.06:52   #312-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Default Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
From my point of view as a Wrexham supporter, I agree that Ricketts has been a tw*t (allegedly).
From the point of view of someone who has ambition in the game, is relatively young and wants to further his career, I can understand him having his head turned.
Thatís life as a footbal fan, innit?
I hope shrewsbury sack him and he ends up at Rhyl
Grass aint always greener
Old 1st December 2018, 19.18:57   #313-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn Tirion View Post
4th April 2019. Final game of the season.

Itís Shrewsbury v Walsall. Not sure who I want to lose most.
hopefully they will have both been sacked
Old 1st December 2018, 19.21:04   #314-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
I hope shrewsbury sack him and he ends up at Rhyl
Grass aint always greener
I don't want that **** anywhere near the coast. Personally I hope he ends up at Newport, or is that too harsh?
Old 1st December 2018, 19.29:20   #315-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
He would just go and then they would argue about compensation. That's the practical solution and it's been debated to death but in employment law you can't force someone to carry on working for you against their will. If they breach a contract and that causes their employer losses then they can ultimately go to court and sue but no realistic way of making someone continue to come to work. People seem to want to ignore this point again and again. I am an employment lawyer albeit I am no expert in football management contracts I just know the laws of the land when it comes to employing people and associated contracts
Posted via mobile theme
from what you say any player or manager can move any where at any time ,but why then do players not leave until the end of their contract [rhetorical ques.]
Old 1st December 2018, 19.34:08   #316-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
From my point of view as a Wrexham supporter, I agree that Ricketts has been a tw*t (allegedly).
From the point of view of someone who has ambition in the game, is relatively young and wants to further his career, I can understand him having his head turned.
Thatís life as a footbal fan, innit?
Agreed, but it would have been nice for him to have been loyal for at least the full season. Heís only young and other opportunities would have arisen for him, he has time on his side. Slightly different than Keates, who may never have had the opportunity to manage his hometown club again
Old 1st December 2018, 19.34:38   #317-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Usually GUS

The worst thing for me is that he would have had input into some long term decisions. Whilst I'm sure we agree with most them, perhaps the new manager might have fancied a look at Hinds
Old 1st December 2018, 19.35:07   #318-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswestryshrew View Post
You canít blame the manager for being ambitious can you?

Better team in a better league!!
As a Shrewsbury resident these days I have a lot of friends who are Meadow regulars. I don't recall many of them subscribing to that when Hirst was poached last summer!

I've spoken with three of them today each of whom felt that neither STFC or SR has come out of this well. None of them could understand either why Shrewsbury would take a punt on a non-league manager with just a few months experience who hasn't yet done anything!
Old 1st December 2018, 19.45:54   #319-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
Agreed, but it would have been nice for him to have been loyal for at least the full season. Heís only young and other opportunities would have arisen for him, he has time on his side. Slightly different than Keates, who may never have had the opportunity to manage his hometown club again
Exactly this. The bloke isn't exactly poor either is he, so the financial side of things can't be a massive issue at this stage.
I'm hearing a few of ours may be heading to Shropshire tomorrow to make their feelings known. Hope things don't get out of hand.
Old 1st December 2018, 19.45:55   #320-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_Red View Post
Heís only young and other opportunities would have arisen for him, he has time on his side
Other opportunities are far from guaranteed, there are loads of managers who never get a second chance. A bad run at Wrexham and Ricketts could have found he was damaged goods.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.15:06.