Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st December 2018, 16.46:04   #289-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Barrow has to stay because he knows what we need. Does this mean our targets have basically gone, if so, midtable it is.
No targets as of yet Dixie. Club is prepared to wait for the right man as long as Barrow stays in temporary charge.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 1st December 2018, 16.47:41   #290-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Default Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

Aplologies for the Salop troll(s), we had exactly the same done to us by Hurst it’s not nice, poor from our side as well as Sam Ricketts.

Risky move for him though, a few of our “fans” turned on Askey after 4 games and by the end his position was untenable (after a win and a draw) .. a lot didn’t take to him because “he didn’t wave at them” before and after a game!! After last season some think that’s the norm now and expect win after win ... becoming embarrassing.

If you gave Askey a chance I’m sure he’d continue your excellent start to the season, stay away from Paul Hurst he’ll be another that runs as soon as higher place club flutter and their eyelashes.
Old 1st December 2018, 16.50:59   #291-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Default Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrookred View Post
This is him confirming the approach. He tweeted to say there had been no approach and must have had some flak so he is clarifying that when he 1st said it there had been no approach.....now there has.
Posted via mobile theme
The tweet from Rich Ulrich came after the statement re SR was put out today so Rich is defending his corner, but there is still no official comment regarding an approach (maybe inferred) that’s not to say there hasn’t been one.
Old 1st December 2018, 16.56:37   #292-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldroadred View Post
The tweet from Rich Ulrich came after the statement re SR was put out today so Rich is defending his corner, but there is still no official comment regarding an approach (maybe inferred) that’s not to say there hasn’t been one.
Given the rumours going around it seems likely there had been contact between Shrewsbury and SR before any official contact wihh the club. Whether this constitutes an illegal approach I have no idea. I suspect if Ricketts wants to go and Shrewsbury will match our valuation well just accept that. For all people saying we should put up a fight etc realistically there isn't much point in that. Do we really. Want to be involved in lengthy and expensive tribunals over a manager who doesn't want to be here?

Take the money and move on. It's just football. It isn't us being weak or a joke or whatever people are saying. It's the fact we are a non league club and clubs highe ruo the pyramid are able to take our staff and players fairly easily. And that filters all the way up to the top.
Old 1st December 2018, 17.00:35   #293-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Given the rumours going around it seems likely there had been contact between Shrewsbury and SR before any official contact wihh the club. Whether this constitutes an illegal approach I have no idea. I suspect if Ricketts wants to go and Shrewsbury will match our valuation well just accept that. For all people saying we should put up a fight etc realistically there isn't much point in that. Do we really. Want to be involved in lengthy and expensive tribunals over a manager who doesn't want to be here?

Take the money and move on. It's just football. It isn't us being weak or a joke or whatever people are saying. It's the fact we are a non league club and clubs highe ruo the pyramid are able to take our staff and players fairly easily. And that filters all the way up to the top.
As I posted earlier I’m not fussed about him going as long as he doesn’t take Barrow with him
Old 1st December 2018, 17.01:02   #294-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post

It wasn't an illegal approach though, you'd at least hint at it in the statement to make Shrewsbury sweat and get a little more for Ricketts if that was the case.
Old 1st December 2018, 17.03:03   #295-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
this one I *think* https://twitter.com/r77ulr/status/1068852121066512390

"No approach had been made when I originally tweeted this, I’m not in the business of lying to my fellow supporters. Things can change in a matter of minutes in football."
So when he tweeted originally there was no approach? However after there was an approach but he didn't tweet about that?
Old 1st December 2018, 17.11:47   #296-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldroadred View Post
Yes that’s the one, I’ve been on his twitter account and there is NO mention that an official approach has been made.

Richard's first tweet was made at 9.29pm on Thursday night:

Richard Ulrich
@r77ulr
Contrary to the rumour doing the rounds at present, we have NOT been approached by Shrewsbury Town to speak to Sam Ricketts.
Can everyone do their best to focus on the big FA Cup match against Newport County on Saturday now please?
9:29 PM · Nov 29, 2018 · Twitter Web Client

His second tweet was made around 4 hours ago:

Richard Ulrich
@r77ulr
·
4h
Replying to
@r77ulr
No approach had been made when I originally tweeted this, I’m not in the business of lying to my fellow supporters. Things can change in a matter of minutes in football.

It seems to me that he's saying that by 9.29 pm Thursday, NO APPROACH had been made to the club, but that things can change very quickly, suggesting that an approach could have been made after that, but not confirming that it had. No lies there then.

Assuming that an approach was made either late on Thursday night or yesterday, are we to believe that Ricketts was interviewed yesterday?

If an interview took place before Thursday evening's tweet, then it would have been part of an illegal approach.

As Ricketts was on the 9 Acre on Friday morning, it seems unlikely (though not impossible) that he'd been approached by Shrews after the Thursday night tweet and then interviewed post-tweet - either very late on Thursday night or early on Friday morning, or after training on Friday.

Had he been told by Shrews before Rich's tweet was sent that they were going to contact us after it was sent, that would still make it part of an illegal approach.

Could it be that Ricketts has failed to contact Wrexham AFC after such an interview, meaning that his move to Shrews would still be 'speculation' so far as we are concerned?

Could it be that Wrexham AFC has been unable to contact him (phone switched off/not answered) up until the time that the official statement was made, leading the club to state: 'We will seek to clarify Sam's future as Wrexham AFC manager as soon as is possible' and letting him know that his attendance at tonight's game would therefore be inappropriate?

I feel that our Club, and Richard Ulrich as a director, are therefore totally blameless in the way they have acted.
Old 1st December 2018, 17.12:48   #297-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
It wasn't an illegal approach though, you'd at least hint at it in the statement to make Shrewsbury sweat and get a little more for Ricketts if that was the case.
Well for a start you wouldn't. Because if you were going to take legal action it wouldnt be advisable to start slinging mud in a public forum.

As I said I have no idea of it was an illegal approach or not (or even what constitutes an illegal approach).
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.38:12.