Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd December 2018, 15.55:16   #100-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
I doubt Ricketts had much/any knowledge of lower league players or of the National League, whereas Barrow has it coming out of his ears. Why do you think Barrow was hired?

Sorry but you're talking rubbish the assistants manager signing the players, he might advise on player's but Beavon his best signing he knows from Coventry,Grant spoke to Ricketts no doubt Ricketts knows the other poisonous manager in Barton. Assistants assist, managers manage & I think with what's happened with Ricketts will wreck our promotion chances if he ain't replaced as soon as & even then the damage could be done.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 3rd December 2018 at 15.56:22..
Old 3rd December 2018, 15.59:46   #101-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Big Den?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Sorry but you're talking rubbish the assistants manager signing the players, he might advise on player's but Beavon his best signing he knows from Coventry,Grant spoke to Ricketts no doubt Ricketts knows the other poisonous manager in Barton. Assistants assist, managers manage & I think with what's happened with Ricketts will wreck our promotion chances if he ain't replaced as soon as & even then the damage could be done.
Posted via mobile theme
I don't agree - there's just no way Ricketts would have that knowledge of lower league players. Of course the final decision on signing them would be his, but the person who would have actually found them is Barrow.
Old 3rd December 2018, 16.04:18   #102-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
I don't agree - there's just no way Ricketts would have that knowledge of lower league players. Of course the final decision on signing them would be his, but the person who would have actually found them is Barrow.

I disagree because most of Ricketts signings are from the leagues above, of course Barrow will suggest players like any assistant but the final choice is the managers, unless you're another of the ITK crowd.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 3rd December 2018, 16.13:21   #103-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I disagree because most of Ricketts signings are from the leagues above, of course Barrow will suggest players like any assistant but the final choice is the managers, unless you're another of the ITK crowd.
Posted via mobile theme
No, I'm just stating the obvious. Ricketts was at Wolves before he was here, and probably rarely watched any games in leagues 1, 2 or the Vanarama. Barrow on the other hand was at Wigan, Chesterfield and Fylde.

This is a pointless debate anyway, as he has gone. As you were...
Old 3rd December 2018, 16.41:01   #104-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
A lot of names being thrown around but Ricketts hasn't officially gone yet! (I think he has to though now, one way or another).

Ferguson I think is fantasy thinking. I'd be very happy if he decided to take the challenge though.

Askey, I don't know, I have bad feelings about that. I don't know why, just my gut. But I'm not making the decisions so I will support whoever comes in.

Big Den. I have a positive vibe about this BUT only if Barrow is retained as assistant.
I met Barrow a while back whilst in the club shop and he struck me as a very knowledgeable man for an ex Cestrian!
I think they could be a perfect match and have worked together before so know each others methods. If Barrow suggests Big Den, then I'm happy with that.

Challinor, I think, is not what we need.
Seriously, I'm totally aware and why there is so much genuine regard for Big Den, but what are his qualifications.It probably is my ignorance, but I only know of his good work with Everton and Trinidad. Other than that I just don't know. I look forward to any relevant history.
Old 4th December 2018, 08.50:13   #105-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig arian View Post
Seriously, I'm totally aware and why there is so much genuine regard for Big Den, but what are his qualifications.It probably is my ignorance, but I only know of his good work with Everton and Trinidad. Other than that I just don't know. I look forward to any relevant history.
Well, he has the same coaching badges as Ricketts and Darlington if I recall correctly.

He has coached at Wigan too alongside Barrow so there would be no issue with retaining Barrow if he wanted to stay.

To be honest, he's probably had just as much, if not more, 'proper' coaching experience than Ricketts had.

Not saying he should be the next boss, but he certainly shouldn't be discounted based on our previous two successful appointments (I say successful as both have been poached by higher league clubs).
Old 4th December 2018, 19.19:08   #106-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

https://wired868.com/2018/12/04/soca...lowly-wrexham/

Interesting article. Takeaways are

Contract with T@T expires in January, and is owed wages apparently

Big Den's agent is still Mr Berry who was making no comment when approached.
Old 4th December 2018, 19.43:41   #107-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: KOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Because he's a Wrexham legend, and my second favourite player of all time.
Posted via mobile theme
He might be your second favourite player but he was at best an average player and is an average manager. If his surname had been anything other than Fergusson he would probably have struggled to make a living in the game.

Legends seem to come cheaply these days. Not in the same division as say Aly or Arfon just to name two far moire worthy of the accolade.
Old 4th December 2018, 19.47:26   #108-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosceiriog View Post
He might be your second favourite player but he was at best an average player and is an average manager. If his surname had been anything other than Fergusson he would probably have struggled to make a living in the game.

Legends seem to come cheaply these days. Not in the same division as say Aly or Arfon just to name two far moire worthy of the accolade.
Average player my arse! He came here and worked his socks off to improve. He turned into a great player for us and played at a World Cup. And he’s coached at a level that Ricketts and Keates and Askey can only dream of.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.49:55.