Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st December 2018, 14.44:57   #21-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Big Den?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtalk View Post
A few rumours flying about that he would be interested. Current T@T coach but apparently his contract expires in a couple of months time.

Would certainly be a crowd favourite but i have no knowledge of his managerial qualities.
Too tall.
Old 1st December 2018, 14.53:58   #22-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Agree 're acting quickly, 1st approach Ferguson and if he's not interested then Askey
Posted via mobile theme
I think this is the best thing to do.

If Fergie does say no then Askey with his record at getting the Macc minnows into the League,would be the obvious choice.And there is always the cheap option-promote Graham Barrow if he doesn't follow Snaky Sam.
Old 1st December 2018, 15.03:18   #23-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Big Den was in the Directors Box at our last home game. If he has any ambition to be a Manager, no greater place than a town that loves footy and a club thatís close to his heart. Jon Askey would be less of a risk as he knows the terrain. I always thought that Fergy left this club when Big Brian got the job instead. Talk around the town was that the board would not promise Fergy the money he wanted to transform the club. Who knows?
As for Sam Ricketts - I wish him well. He has left us better than he found us. He is not a fan, he is a pro manager. Itís just a job. If my rival competitor company offered me big bucks, I would be off. Loyalty to family first. Still, there will be some on RP who will call him names. Back to school on Monday!!
Old 1st December 2018, 15.07:37   #24-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Arthur Askey please
Old 1st December 2018, 15.09:12   #25-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willywill View Post
Big Den was in the Directors Box at our last home game. If he has any ambition to be a Manager, no greater place than a town that loves footy and a club thatís close to his heart. Jon Askey would be less of a risk as he knows the terrain. I always thought that Fergy left this club when Big Brian got the job instead. Talk around the town was that the board would not promise Fergy the money he wanted to transform the club. Who knows?
As for Sam Ricketts - I wish him well. He has left us better than he found us. He is not a fan, he is a pro manager. Itís just a job. If my rival competitor company offered me big bucks, I would be off. Loyalty to family first. Still, there will be some on RP who will call him names. Back to school on Monday!!
Sorry, but you can't compare a guy looking to pay his mortgage with some minted twat who cannot honour even 20% of his first managerial role.
Old 1st December 2018, 15.18:31   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Well Mr Welshian, you want loyalty -then look to your wife and family. Loyalty as such, no longer exists in football today.
Old 1st December 2018, 15.48:10   #27-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Lurking in the sewers
Twitter: @Alida Valli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
We have PLENTY of money in the bank, trust and forward accounting.

It's evident it's being tucked away and not released though. I wonder if this has played a part in Sams decision. Perhaps he had a request for funds in Jan or for higher than current wages and has been told he's not allowed to operate outside the current business plan....
Whatís ĒevidentĒ about it? We canít buy anyone until January. Heís probably got the best resources of any of our recent managers at his disposal. This is all about his career. And in my view heís shown incredible disloyalty to a club that went out of its way to take a huge gamble on a rookie manager. Having achieved nothing his head is turned 5 minutes later by what at best is an average job. I hope it goes tits up for him there.
Old 1st December 2018, 15.51:27   #28-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer Release View Post
We have PLENTY of money in the bank, trust and forward accounting.

It's evident it's being tucked away and not released though. I wonder if this has played a part in Sams decision. Perhaps he had a request for funds in Jan or for higher than current wages and has been told he's not allowed to operate outside the current business plan....
Sounds like it.
Old 1st December 2018, 15.59:46   #29-0 (permalink)
wil
Cult Hero

(info)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldroadred View Post
Donít think Ferguson can manage without money
Richard ?
Old 1st December 2018, 16.01:28   #30-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Sounds like it.
I'd imagine the model and business plan was made fully clear to him from the outset and he said only in the last few days what a good working relationship he has with the board so if he's got greedy over transfer budgets, tried to move the goalposts, got reminded of the plan and has thrown a strop to join the inbred farmers then he can do one as far as I'm concerned.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.44:07.