Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st December 2018, 15.27:00   #1-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Goal Scorers

Lets have a new topic rather than the Rickettsgate.

However we move forward then its clear to me that we have to bring in some players that can score goals. This will mean moving some out though.

Looking at the squad then Roberts, Summerfield, Wright, Young, Rutherford, Fondop, Carrington, Deverdic, Lawlor All contracted players but none of them has a average scoring record let alone a decent one.

Add to that Walker, JMD, Pyke, Beavon all on loan and again not a decent scorer amongst them.

Pearson, Smith, Jennings, Holroyd can all contribute but its thin pickings.

Total imbalance in the squad and team.

Thoughts
Old 1st December 2018, 15.41:31   #2-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
Red_Jackoisback's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: mold road stand
Real Name: david jackson
Twitter: @





Default Re: Goal Scorers

If fit would like to see Holroyd start
Old 1st December 2018, 15.41:34   #3-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Prodigal Dragon's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand Centre Section
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Goal Scorers

Sorting out this fatal deficiency must be the new manager's No 1 task.

Short-term, I just hope Grant plays tonight, for that will signal his desire to make a go of it at Wrexham.
__________________
UP THE TOWN! Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.... well, I have others. GROUCHO MARX
Old 1st December 2018, 15.44:30   #4-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: Jonatton Yeah?
Twitter: @





Default Re: Goal Scorers

Hinds back? Doesn't matter what Ricketts thinks now
Old 1st December 2018, 15.49:53   #5-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
petered's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS now.
Real Name: pete
Twitter: @





Default Re: Goal Scorers

JMD should be back at Brighton. Pyke needs to up his work rate to match his undoubted ability.I have no doubt if Barrow stays on this will be the message. With a goalscorer I think Beavon would be even more of an asset. Big Mike? Lost for words.
Am a staunch supporter of the board but now is the time more than ever to bust a gut on a proven goalscorer. That said,history only tells a story. No guarantees anyone will score when changing club and that can't be blamed on the board.
Old 1st December 2018, 15.52:17   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: none given
Real Name: none given
Twitter: @





Default Re: Goal Scorers

if askey does get the job his sides do score goals,he can spot a forward
Old 1st December 2018, 15.53:13   #7-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Goal Scorers

Quote:
Originally Posted by petered View Post
JMD should be back at Brighton. Pyke needs to up his work rate to match his undoubted ability.I have no doubt if Barrow stays on this will be the message. With a goalscorer I think Beavon would be even more of an asset. Big Mike? Lost for words.
Am a staunch supporter of the board but now is the time more than ever to bust a gut on a proven goalscorer. That said,history only tells a story. No guarantees anyone will score when changing club and that can't be blamed on the board.
Its the sheer number and just finding 1 scorer isn't the answer. Its not a blame game on anyone just my point of view on scoring.
Old 1st December 2018, 16.12:08   #8-0 (permalink)
Club Captain
 
petered's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS now.
Real Name: pete
Twitter: @





Default Re: Goal Scorers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Its the sheer number and just finding 1 scorer isn't the answer. Its not a blame game on anyone just my point of view on scoring.
Appreciate that. What I mean is,perhaps slightly off topic with what you are saying in fairness,is that even a proven goal scorer does not guarantee goals at a new club and should the board agree to push the boat out on such a player then if it doesn't work out then,as you say,there is no blame to be had. They don't come any more proven than Ian Rush and we all know what happened there.
Old 1st December 2018, 16.15:33   #9-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
pagl's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot: Techend
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Goal Scorers

Quote:
Originally Posted by petered View Post
Appreciate that. What I mean is,perhaps slightly off topic with what you are saying in fairness,is that even a proven goal scorer does not guarantee goals at a new club and should the board agree to push the boat out on such a player then if it doesn't work out then,as you say,there is no blame to be had. They don't come any more proven than Ian Rush and we all know what happened there.
You seem to still be viewing this as the 1 goal scorer problem when it isn't.
I agree that a proven scorer may not score goals (e.g. Torres) but what we need is more players that can actually hit the target as the efforts I have seen have been shocking in a lot of cases.
Old 1st December 2018, 16.21:54   #10-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Not Set Click To Change

 
Racecourse Spot: MRS
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: Goal Scorers

Akwasi Asante who scored bucket loads for Solihull then went off the boil at Grimsby has scored 2 goals on his loan debut for Jester today, they're hoping to sign him permanently from Tamworth but we could steal in if he shows glimpses of being back to his best?
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.51:36.
Powered by vBulletin® & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12