RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112955-comments-ricketts-situation-bt-sport-broadcast-tonight.html)

LWR 1st December 2018 22.13:54

Re: Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight

[QUOTE=barnsley;2200644]there something wrong if we keep being shafted by crap clubs like shrewsbury and walsaw[/QUOTE]

Clubs 2 divisions above us?

Are you serious?

the_holt_dragon 1st December 2018 22.14:19

Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200636]I don't like it as a fan, with the tinted glasses that all fans have but realistically it is just a job.

Give one good dispassionate and objective reason why this isn't a job like any other.[/QUOTE]

The reason I think it's different is the fan dynamic which most of us don't have in our careers. Maybe your correct that the fans do not think about these things in a rational way, but knowing this the board are removing the distraction.

Cenotaff 1st December 2018 22.15:47

Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200636]I don't like it as a fan, with the tinted glasses that all fans have but realistically it is just a job.

Give one good dispassionate and objective reason why this isn't a job like any other.[/QUOTE]

Because there are rules about how clubs/employers approach/speak to potential employers employed elsewhere. We all know people do it regardless but it's come out publicly and in the press in this case and as a result, the club have taken a stand. I don't think we'd have been the better side if Ricketts was there tonight. It would have been a mess.

I don't blame managers or players for wanting to move up the ladder or earn more money but have a bit of grace about it. If you get rumbled doing it on the sly then there's no real issue for me in saying, stay away, we've got it covered.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 1st December 2018 22.16:59

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2200602]Looks like Sky have got wind of it too.

[url]https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11761/11568972/shrewsbury-close-to-appointing-sam-ricketts-as-manager[/url][/QUOTE]

Sky sources is code for we've read what others have said and reworked it a bit.

ugarte007 1st December 2018 22.17:36

When we were in the league non league football was something that looked below us. Non league or league one where we all rather be ? Only he can make this happen the club have no control. Personally I think it’s a good move for him but a massive risk for the slops. If he’s gone Monday will he take his backroom staff ? I’d imagine so

tokyored 1st December 2018 22.17:44

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200643]The point is that there are release clauses and release clauses.

There are ones like Ricketts obviously has which are of the come and get me kind, there are others which are prohibitive.

No-one has commented on the scenario I gave with Mourinho. 22nd May 2010, CL Final, the world, his wife and mistress knows he's going to Real Madrid and nothing has been confirmed or denied, just like Sam Ricketts. Does Inter tell him to stay at home, hand the reigns to Beppe Baresi or does it go ahead with him on the bench? Incidentally, 23rd May 2010 he announced he was joining Real Madrid.

The offer of the smartie is still up for grabs.

In another sport, Christophe Urios announced last week he's joining Bordeaux next season. Should Castres go the full season without a manager and also have themselves a little temper tantrum like the Wrexham board?[/QUOTE]

A manager leaving at the end of the season is completely different to what's happened here. Your points about ambition and managing at a higher level are not without merit but you can't compare the cases you're talking about

thedischunter96 1st December 2018 22.17:47

[QUOTE=barnsley;2200644]there something wrong if we keep being shafted by crap clubs like shrewsbury and walsaw[/QUOTE]

Yeah that the board won't spend the money to get us out of this league. I think they want a manager who will do as they say and not be allowed to do what they want to do. Quite sad, but I would leave if another club who were higher up the division and offering more money to be their manager. Its a no brainer!!

RemovedUser 1st December 2018 22.18:17

[QUOTE=tokyored;2200638]So we only want desperate out of work managers who'll work for anyone? We've got to be realistic here that any half decent ambitious manager will want some kind of clause or they wouldn't sign a long contract.[/QUOTE]

By clause, I presume you mean the release clause?

If so, this surely protects the Club as much as it allows the Manager to escape?

You could have a release clause that merely allows the Manager to talk to another Club if they are, for example 1 or 2 steps higher in the pyramid.

By inserting a figure that the marauding Club must pay is in effect a transfer fee, and I’m glad we have one in this case.

As for the politics around who said or knew what when and where, I couldnt give a flying one, as in the end the result will be the same, whatever it is!

thedischunter96 1st December 2018 22.18:49

[QUOTE=ugarte007;2200651]When we were in the league non league football was something that looked below us. Non league or league one where we all rather be ? Only he can make this happen the club have no control. Personally I think it’s a good move for him but a massive risk for the slops. If he’s gone Monday will he take his backroom staff ? I’d imagine so[/QUOTE]

I think Jussi will be gone too if SDR goes.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.13:08.