Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st December 2018, 22.19:01   #100-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkenny Red View Post
As an example, May 2010, Champions League Final Inter - Bayern Munich. The world, his wife and his f**king mistress knew Jose Mourinho was going to Real Madrid over the summer.

I suppose Inter would have been better off saying f**k it to the CL Final and giving Beppe Baresi the reigns for the night lmfao.

Go on, the first person who goes off on one about how that's different because of money xyz gets a smartie.
I think there are a few key differences.

1. We are mid season, your example is last game.
2. Our manager is moving to a historical rival, your example another country.
3. Italy has a greater culture of managers moving from club to club, often between rivals.
Old 1st December 2018, 22.20:49   #101-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedischunter96 View Post
I think Jussi will be gone too if SDR goes.
He was a very good prem keeper ,we’re lucky to have him.
Old 1st December 2018, 22.21:27   #102-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWR View Post
Clubs 2 divisions above us?

Are you serious?
There are plenty who can't grasp it. It's baffling.

It's clearly a career progression in the fast paced job market that is football. Arguably, we have more potential than both of them but it counts for shit.

It's really shit how they've gone about it but it is a big jump in employment. People who think it's not a decent career progression are in denial.
Old 1st December 2018, 22.22:41   #103-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
The point is that there are release clauses and release clauses.

There are ones like Ricketts obviously has which are of the come and get me kind, there are others which are prohibitive.

No-one has commented on the scenario I gave with Mourinho. 22nd May 2010, CL Final, the world, his wife and mistress knows he's going to Real Madrid and nothing has been confirmed or denied, just like Sam Ricketts. Does Inter tell him to stay at home, hand the reigns to Beppe Baresi or does it go ahead with him on the bench? Incidentally, 23rd May 2010 he announced he was joining Real Madrid.

The offer of the smartie is still up for grabs.

In another sport, Christophe Urios announced last week he's joining Bordeaux next season. Should Castres go the full season without a manager and also have themselves a little temper tantrum like the Wrexham board?
Top flight teams always have rumours flying round its common for players and managers to be linked to other clubs throughout most of the season (especially when a top team loses a few on the trot). They have more fans and are watched around the world by millions on TV. Therefore, rumours and links to other clubs is what makes people buy newspapers and read websites. Without it, journalists would be without a job.
Old 1st December 2018, 22.23:02   #104-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
The point is that there are release clauses and release clauses.

There are ones like Ricketts obviously has which are of the come and get me kind, there are others which are prohibitive.

No-one has commented on the scenario I gave with Mourinho. 22nd May 2010, CL Final, the world, his wife and mistress knows he's going to Real Madrid and nothing has been confirmed or denied, just like Sam Ricketts. Does Inter tell him to stay at home, hand the reigns to Beppe Baresi or does it go ahead with him on the bench? Incidentally, 23rd May 2010 he announced he was joining Real Madrid.

The offer of the smartie is still up for grabs.

In another sport, Christophe Urios announced last week he's joining Bordeaux next season. Should Castres go the full season without a manager and also have themselves a little temper tantrum like the Wrexham board?
Your Mourinho comparison is flawed. For one thing, it was an end of season finale that wouldn’t lead to anything further for that season, tonight isn’t even half way through the season and could lead to a match in the next round. I’m guessing that you weren’t there tonight because I can assure you the atmosphere would have been toxic had Ricketts been in the dugout. Instead, his absence galvanised and united the support in one positive voice that did make a difference and visibly helped the players. Even for this reason alone it was the right call.

You really don’t see Ricketts’ “have his cake and eat it” mentality, not sure why. As a football manager (specifically) would you apply to manage another club but then be like “but I still want to manage the cup game tonight, I won’t be here if we get through, but go on please? Pretty please? It’ll annoy people me being there but go on please?”

By the way what’s with this “I’ll give you a smartie” nonsense? Makes you sound like a patronising tosser...
Old 1st December 2018, 22.23:26   #105-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugarte007 View Post
He was a very good prem keeper ,we’re lucky to have him.
Yes I was shocked when he was announced as GK coach. Cracking keeper in the prem for Bolton.
Old 1st December 2018, 22.26:59   #106-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS Near Kop end

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
there something wrong if we keep being shafted by crap clubs like shrewsbury and walsaw
This is what Gauls me..Away from the politics of whatever's gone on..Being walked over by clubs like Shrewsbury... Able to do it, because we're Non League. But of course, in realty no bigger, in fact smaller than us...

I wonder what crowds Shrewsbury and Walsall would be getting, if they'd been Non League for over Ten years...
Old 1st December 2018, 22.27:08   #107-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Default Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

Quote:
Take passion out of it for a moment and look at it calmly. Imagine whatever line of work you're in, somebody comes along six months after you've started a new job and offers you a significantly more prestigious job (in terms of level, I don't think Shrewsbury are any more prestigious as a club than Wrexham are, actually I'd say the opposite going off history, but they are currently at a significantly superior level), far better tools to work with, more money to play around with and an enhanced wage. If you can honestly say you'd stay, fair play to you but I doubt too many people would.

Football fans expect a loyalty from what are in effect staff at their club that they wouldn't expect from anybody else in any other line of work. To Sam Ricketts, Wrexham is a job no different from yours or mine.

The decision to play arguably the most significant game of the club's season without a manager was f**king idiocy and as another poster said makes us look amateur as f**k.
Fair points, but he’s still a Cnut.
Old 1st December 2018, 22.28:36   #108-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Why do I get a funny feeling the Shrewsbury Ricketts deal will fall through...
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.35:43.