Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 1st December 2018, 23.29:58   #109-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkenny Red View Post
I don't like it as a fan, with the tinted glasses that all fans have but realistically it is just a job.

Give one good dispassionate and objective reason why this isn't a job like any other.
Using your logic the club have acted like most other employers would act.

The head of operations tells his employer he is looking to leave to another competitor ( a competitor for players and staff perhaps). The competitor appears to have gained access to confidential information ( the sum required to trigger the release clause) potentially from the employee or his agent.

That employee would be placed on garden leave in almost all cases.

The club has done the right thing on the face of it,otherwise do they hang around whilst Sam makes up his mind? how long do they wait? what impact does it have on the team?

I don't blame Sam for trying to progress his career, but no one can complain about the club taking swift action to move on and not wait around for him to finish his negotiations with the shrews.
Old 1st December 2018, 23.30:09   #110-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Default Re: Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexham's Patrick Bateman View Post
This is what Gauls me..Away from the politics of whatever's gone on..Being walked over by clubs like Shrewsbury... Able to do it, because we're Non League. But of course, in realty no bigger, in fact smaller than us...

I wonder what crowds Shrewsbury and Walsall would be getting, if they'd been Non League for over Ten years...
Money!!!
Old 1st December 2018, 23.31:24   #111-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

Default Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
Fair points, but he’s still a Cnut.
I agree, he’s a massive cestrian, and nothing people can say will make me think otherwise. I genuinely hope he is never employable again after this job. He’s a c.u.n.t!!
Old 1st December 2018, 23.32:46   #112-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post

You really don’t see Ricketts’ “have his cake and eat it” mentality, not sure why. As a football manager (specifically) would you apply to manage another club but then be like “but I still want to manage the cup game tonight, I won’t be here if we get through, but go on please? Pretty please? It’ll annoy people me being there but go on please?”

By the way what’s with this “I’ll give you a smartie” nonsense? Makes you sound like a patronising tosser...
I have no issues with Ricketts wanting to manage the game. However the board have identified that as a bad idea and acted accordingly
Old 1st December 2018, 23.33:55   #113-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
The reason I think it's different is the fan dynamic which most of us don't have in our careers. Maybe your correct that the fans do not think about these things in a rational way, but knowing this the board are removing the distraction.
I just think he's in an impossible situation. If he were Pep with Pep's bank balance, maybe he should come out and say it knowing full well that if it falls through he's hardly going to be struggling to make ends meet but this is a young guy who isn't full of money who is presumably trying to provide for his family. I just don't think it's fair to expect him to not look out for his wife, kids etc.

That said, Pep raises another good example. In Pep's last season with Bayern, it was known well before the end of the season that he was going to City and Bayern didn't tell him to stay away because they knew the guy was professional enough to do his job to the best of his ability and that there was no conflict of interest because even if it had come to a CL Final between Bayern and City there would have been no tangible advantage in throwing the match in favour of his new employers. Frankly, Pep's situation wasn't and isn't unique in football and I'm aware of more situations where a manager has been trusted to do his job rather than thrown out in ignominy.

There was absolutely no conflict of interest here. Having your most key member of staff present has to represent an advantage and if the club jumped because they were frightened of a few bitter bigots shouting abuse then they've displayed a yellow streak a foot wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
A manager leaving at the end of the season is completely different to what's happened here. Your points about ambition and managing at a higher level are not without merit but you can't compare the cases you're talking about
Wrexham are in potentially the biggest match of their season and there are rumblings that all is not settled on the managerial front. 22nd May, 2010 and Inter are facing into the biggest match of their season and there are rumblings that all is not settled on the managerial front. Nothing is confirmed, all there is is a lot of talk but that talk in both instances is so loud and strong that everybody knows what's going on. Those two instances are exactly the same.

In terms of Christophe Urios, it's actually potentially worse. He's managing Castres in the Top 14 and he's moving to a direct competitor, and one it's eminently possible will be fighting Castres for a place which would grant access to the playoffs for the league title this season and give a spot in the European Champions Cup. This isn't him leaving to retire a la Fergie. Does the club trust that the guy is professional enough to do his job or do they throw him out and go the remainder of the season with quite possibly no coach?
Old 1st December 2018, 23.34:35   #114-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

shrops bbc bloke who started the whole thing yesterday has said "Wrexham think it’s a done deal. Dean Saunders may think otherwise, but the club fully expect Ricketts to join #Salop imminently."
Old 1st December 2018, 23.37:08   #115-0 (permalink)
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWFC View Post
Your Mourinho comparison is flawed. For one thing, it was an end of season finale that wouldn’t lead to anything further for that season, tonight isn’t even half way through the season and could lead to a match in the next round. I’m guessing that you weren’t there tonight because I can assure you the atmosphere would have been toxic had Ricketts been in the dugout. Instead, his absence galvanised and united the support in one positive voice that did make a difference and visibly helped the players. Even for this reason alone it was the right call.

You really don’t see Ricketts’ “have his cake and eat it” mentality, not sure why. As a football manager (specifically) would you apply to manage another club but then be like “but I still want to manage the cup game tonight, I won’t be here if we get through, but go on please? Pretty please? It’ll annoy people me being there but go on please?”

By the way what’s with this “I’ll give you a smartie” nonsense? Makes you sound like a patronising tosser...
Yes, whereas others referring to me as mental (an awful word to use in this day and age and more of a reflection on the person who said it than anything else) and asking what planet I'm from makes them look like utter gentlemen .
Old 1st December 2018, 23.38:40   #116-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkenny Red View Post
I just think he's in an impossible situation. If he were Pep with Pep's bank balance, maybe he should come out and say it knowing full well that if it falls through he's hardly going to be struggling to make ends meet but this is a young guy who isn't full of money who is presumably trying to provide for his family. I just don't think it's fair to expect him to not look out for his wife, kids etc.
Do you know who Sam Ricketts is??
Old 1st December 2018, 23.39:15   #117-0 (permalink)
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal welsh red View Post
I agree, he’s a massive cestrian, and nothing people can say will make me think otherwise. I genuinely hope he is never employable again after this job. He’s a c.u.n.t!!
If this is true, I take back all my defending him as he's obviously a complete shithead .
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.17:23.