RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112955-comments-ricketts-situation-bt-sport-broadcast-tonight.html)

cardiffred 1st December 2018 19.51:47

Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight

Dean Saunders just told the nation Ricketts hasn’t made up his mind yet! Plank.

Wxm boy 1st December 2018 19.53:59

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2200274]Dean Saunders just told the nation Ricketts hasn’t made up his mind yet! Plank.[/QUOTE]

Saunders being a dick is hardly a shock...

the_holt_dragon 1st December 2018 19.55:12

Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

[QUOTE=Plas Coch.;2200255]

I've spoken with three of them today each of whom felt that neither STFC or SR has come out of this well. None of them could understand either why Shrewsbury would take a punt on a non-league manager with just a few months experience who hasn't yet done anything![/QUOTE]

It's a difficult one. While I probably wouldn't be excited about the appointment as a Shrewsbury fan. Other teams in that league (and above leagues) have picked managers with no experience managing at any level

Windsor Mike 1st December 2018 19.57:01

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2200274]Dean Saunders just told the nation Ricketts hasn’t made up his mind yet! Plank.[/QUOTE]

He also said club gave Rickets permission to talk to Shrewsbury so maybe a few on here a bit quick to just slate the manager board could've said no to Sam

Wiltshire_Red 1st December 2018 19.57:15

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2200266]Other opportunities are far from guaranteed, there are loads of managers who never get a second chance. A bad run at Wrexham and Ricketts could have found he was damaged goods.[/QUOTE]

True, but I’m sure Ricketts doesn’t think like that, he is confident in his ability

foreverared 1st December 2018 19.59:11

Think the fact the board have given him permission to talk but then not asked him to manage the team makes us look amateur as flip

WAFCExile 1st December 2018 19.59:12

My thoughts exactly! No clue about the likelihood that Shrews didn’t ask permission until the deal was done, which is what’s made everyone so angry.

Hightown Brymbo Red 1st December 2018 20.01:39

Hopefully there will be some explanations about what has gone on over the next few days...Did Shrewsbury officially contact and When?...Did Ricketts apply for the job?..

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 1st December 2018 20.47:31

Lewis Cox
@LewisCox_star
·
42m
Re Saunders comments on telly. My understand Ricketts (clearly) wanted to be in charge tonight. Negotiations btwn SR and STFC are to begin after tonight.

Yes earlier this week
Quote Tweet
David Webb
@Webbyred
Replying to @B_and_A_Fanzine, and @LewisCox_star
Kevin Davies just said compensation agreed between clubs

A right old mess, told you all what was happening.

Ricketts won't want to stay now.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.35:00.