RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112955-comments-ricketts-situation-bt-sport-broadcast-tonight.html)

cardiffred 1st December 2018 19.51:47

Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight

Dean Saunders just told the nation Ricketts hasn’t made up his mind yet! Plank.

Wxm boy 1st December 2018 19.53:59

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2200274]Dean Saunders just told the nation Ricketts hasn’t made up his mind yet! Plank.[/QUOTE]

Saunders being a dick is hardly a shock...

the_holt_dragon 1st December 2018 19.55:12

Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

[QUOTE=Plas Coch.;2200255]

I've spoken with three of them today each of whom felt that neither STFC or SR has come out of this well. None of them could understand either why Shrewsbury would take a punt on a non-league manager with just a few months experience who hasn't yet done anything![/QUOTE]

It's a difficult one. While I probably wouldn't be excited about the appointment as a Shrewsbury fan. Other teams in that league (and above leagues) have picked managers with no experience managing at any level

Windsor Mike 1st December 2018 19.57:01

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2200274]Dean Saunders just told the nation Ricketts hasn’t made up his mind yet! Plank.[/QUOTE]

He also said club gave Rickets permission to talk to Shrewsbury so maybe a few on here a bit quick to just slate the manager board could've said no to Sam

Wiltshire_Red 1st December 2018 19.57:15

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2200266]Other opportunities are far from guaranteed, there are loads of managers who never get a second chance. A bad run at Wrexham and Ricketts could have found he was damaged goods.[/QUOTE]

True, but I’m sure Ricketts doesn’t think like that, he is confident in his ability

foreverared 1st December 2018 19.59:11

Think the fact the board have given him permission to talk but then not asked him to manage the team makes us look amateur as flip

WAFCExile 1st December 2018 19.59:12

My thoughts exactly! No clue about the likelihood that Shrews didn’t ask permission until the deal was done, which is what’s made everyone so angry.

Hightown Brymbo Red 1st December 2018 20.01:39

Hopefully there will be some explanations about what has gone on over the next few days...Did Shrewsbury officially contact and When?...Did Ricketts apply for the job?..

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 1st December 2018 20.47:31

Lewis Cox
@LewisCox_star
·
42m
Re Saunders comments on telly. My understand Ricketts (clearly) wanted to be in charge tonight. Negotiations btwn SR and STFC are to begin after tonight.

Yes earlier this week
Quote Tweet
David Webb
@Webbyred
Replying to @B_and_A_Fanzine, and @LewisCox_star
Kevin Davies just said compensation agreed between clubs

A right old mess, told you all what was happening.

Ricketts won't want to stay now.

pagl 1st December 2018 20.54:47

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2200355]Lewis Cox
@LewisCox_star
·
42m
Re Saunders comments on telly. My understand Ricketts (clearly) wanted to be in charge tonight. Negotiations btwn SR and STFC are to begin after tonight.

Yes earlier this week
Quote Tweet
David Webb
@Webbyred

Ricketts won't want to stay now.[/QUOTE]

If he has gone to talk to them then he doesnt want to stay anyway.
The board have been burnt once by Keates.

There is only 1 culprit here.

benwilliams 1st December 2018 21.00:00

So piecing this all together, Ricketts wants his cake and to eat it, he applies for the role, they then contact him off the back of that application, our board say yes you can talk to him if you pay us x if he goes, Shrews agree but SDR wants to keep us warm and stay in charge just in case his demands aren't met. As an aside I wouldn't listen to a word the likes of Saunders and Kevin Davies say they will be making stuff up rather than say they don't know

cardiffred 1st December 2018 21.00:13

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2200355]Lewis Cox
@LewisCox_star
·
42m

Yes earlier this week
Quote Tweet
David Webb
@Webbyred

Ricketts won't want to stay now.[/QUOTE]

Ricketts must be mad if he didn’t think this was going to blow up in his face.

cardiffred 1st December 2018 21.01:38

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2200374]So piecing this all together, Ricketts wants his cake and to eat it, he applies for the role, they then contact him off the back of that application, our board say yes you can talk to him if you pay us x if he goes, Shrews agree but SDR wants to keep us warm and stay in charge just in case his demands aren't met. As an aside I wouldn't listen to a word the likes of Saunders and Kevin Davies say they will be making stuff up rather than say they don't know[/QUOTE]

I think you are right. We are better rid of him if that’s the case that he applied for the role.

SE19 Exile 1st December 2018 21.02:56

[QUOTE=pagl;2200369]If he has gone to talk to them then he doesnt want to stay anyway.
The board have been burnt once by Keates.

There is only 1 culprit here.[/QUOTE]

exactly

Rob 1st December 2018 21.06:33

Re: Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight

Split thread and comments as recorded on live thread:

Deano saying Ricketts unhappy and feels he should be managing tonight, and no deal done yet. Club have given him permission to talk to the Shrews? Fact and he has spoken with him, or Deanos view and fiction?

Barrow found out at 9:30am this morning. Normal week and normal training.

[url]https://twitter.com/FootieNick/status/1068956618098974720[/url]

"Wow Dean Saunders just said on BT Sport that Sam Ricketts hasn't decided on what he's going to do with regards leaving Wrexham to join Shrewsbury and he wanted to be in charge for tonight's FA Cup game."

@LewisCox_star
·
27m
Re Saunders comments on telly. My understand Ricketts (clearly) wanted to be in charge tonight. Negotiations btwn SR and STFC are to begin after tonight

Rob 1st December 2018 21.07:07

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2200374] As an aside I wouldn't listen to a word the likes of Saunders and Kevin Davies say they will be making stuff up rather than say they don't know[/QUOTE]

What did kevin davies say about whatsapp messages?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 1st December 2018 21.07:23

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2200374]So piecing this all together, Ricketts wants his cake and to eat it, he applies for the role, they then contact him off the back of that application, our board say yes you can talk to him if you pay us x if he goes, Shrews agree but SDR wants to keep us warm and stay in charge just in case his demands aren't met. As an aside I wouldn't listen to a word the likes of Saunders and Kevin Davies say they will be making stuff up rather than say they don't know[/QUOTE]

Kevin Davies is a mate of Ricketts, plus the fella who broke the story has confirmed it too.

A fine old mess now.

Rob 1st December 2018 21.27:11

Twitter just now: @garethitv from itv news

@Kevin__Davies I understand Wrexham FC refused permission for an approach for Ricketts, but Shrewsbury mysteriously came back the next day with the exact figure to trigger the release clause.

Back of the Kop 1st December 2018 21.30:15

[QUOTE=Rob;2200407]Twitter just now: @garethitv from itv news

@Kevin__Davies I understand Wrexham FC refused permission for an approach for Ricketts, but Shrewsbury mysteriously came back the next day with the exact figure to trigger the release clause.[/QUOTE]

And I wonder who volunteered that information.

The whole thing stinks.No wonder Ricketts has been banned

pagl 1st December 2018 21.32:16

@Kevin__Davies I understand Wrexham FC refused permission for an approach for Ricketts, but Shrewsbury mysteriously came back the next day with the exact figure to trigger the release clause.[/QUOTE]

There is something not right here otherwise he would be managing tonite.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 1st December 2018 21.33:48

Tweet just been deleted?

the_holt_dragon 1st December 2018 21.36:43

I think players/agents leaking the trigger has been common practice since they were first used. I would certainly want Wrexham to ask if they were after a manager employed by another club.

Jaded 1st December 2018 21.42:57

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2200430]Tweet just been deleted?[/QUOTE]

I can see it. (Need to be looking at tweets & replies, not just tweets.)

Funny_Old_Game 1st December 2018 21.58:33

They are all talking out of their arses.

benwilliams 1st December 2018 22.03:50

[QUOTE=Rob;2200383]What did kevin davies say about whatsapp messages?[/QUOTE]

He was commenting off the back of Barrow's interview that the players were told Sam not in charge tonight via whatsapp

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 22.09:54

[QUOTE=foreverared;2200293]Think the fact the board have given him permission to talk but then not asked him to manage the team makes us look amateur as flip[/QUOTE]

Thing is, I could have understood the decision if it had been STFC we'd been playing or if our result could affect that club in some way but this was a situation of complete lack of conflict of interest. It's not like Sam would have thought "ah sure, I don't care about tonight/I'm going to make Wrexham lose". This would still have been a decent scalp to add to his CV and getting Wrexham into the third round would have embellished it too. It looks like a case of the board throwing their toys out of the pram.

Hampshire Red 1st December 2018 22.12:54

I wonder what Shrews will say about Deano's comment that Sam hasn't made his mind up yet whether he wants to stay or go.

Rob 1st December 2018 22.14:13

Barrow ‘never say never’ that Ricketts situation could be resolved and he stays

“Live in hope as we have something good going on here”

Connahs_Quay_Red 1st December 2018 22.14:59

That performance tonight was a full blown up yours to Ricketts- you’re a nobody pal, do one to Shrewsbury if they’ll take you.

Credit to the board for their handling of the situation.

Aidan 1st December 2018 22.15:17

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200528]Thing is, I could have understood the decision if it had been STFC we'd been playing or if our result could affect that club in some way but this was a situation of complete lack of conflict of interest. It's not like Sam would have thought "ah sure, I don't care about tonight/I'm going to make Wrexham lose". This would still have been a decent scalp to add to his CV and getting Wrexham into the third round would have embellished it too. It looks like a case of the board throwing their toys out of the pram.[/QUOTE]

It's precisely for this reason it was the right thing to do. From reports we denied them an approach and they offered exactly howuch his trigger is. That is not a coincidence. If they asked judas to deny rumours and he's no commented then the board is left with nowhere to go. It would have been a farce for him to be involved tonight given the full story

willyheckerslike 1st December 2018 22.15:22

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200528]Thing is, I could have understood the decision if it had been STFC we'd been playing or if our result could affect that club in some way but this was a situation of complete lack of conflict of interest. It's not like Sam would have thought "ah sure, I don't care about tonight/I'm going to make Wrexham lose". This would still have been a decent scalp to add to his CV and getting Wrexham into the third round would have embellished it too. It looks like a case of the board throwing their toys out of the pram.[/QUOTE]

And they have every bloody right to throw them......who he hell does Ricketts think he is?.....arrogant tw*t!

redtalk 1st December 2018 22.16:03

Who knows but im sure they had good cause.

On a completely different subject, good to hear of another Irish Red, i live in South Dublin!!!

the_holt_dragon 1st December 2018 22.18:24

I dont agree. As soon as it was reported by the media he was close to joining it needed to be denied or him pulled from the match. I think if he had managed today it would have been a strange atmosphere, a distraction and we probably would have lost.

Jaded 1st December 2018 22.20:11

Does anyone think we’d have played better with him in charge? For me, the atmosphere would have been likely to be poisonous. Definitely think the board did the right thing here.

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 22.23:54

[QUOTE=willyheckerslike;2200535]And they have every bloody right to throw them......who he hell does Ricketts think he is?.....arrogant tw*t![/QUOTE]

Take passion out of it for a moment and look at it calmly. Imagine whatever line of work you're in, somebody comes along six months after you've started a new job and offers you a significantly more prestigious job (in terms of level, I don't think Shrewsbury are any more prestigious as a club than Wrexham are, actually I'd say the opposite going off history, but they are currently at a significantly superior level), far better tools to work with, more money to play around with and an enhanced wage. If you can honestly say you'd stay, fair play to you but I doubt too many people would.

Football fans expect a loyalty from what are in effect staff at their club that they wouldn't expect from anybody else in any other line of work. To Sam Ricketts, Wrexham is a job no different from yours or mine.

The decision to play arguably the most significant game of the club's season without a manager was f**king idiocy and as another poster said makes us look amateur as f**k.

Ddraigoch 1st December 2018 22.24:58

I'm told SDR rang Geraint at 3pm stating he'd done nothing wrong and pleading to be allowed to be in charge tonight. I think you know Geraint"s response.

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 22.26:34

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2200537]I dont agree. As soon as it was reported by the media he was close to joining it needed to be denied or him pulled from the match. I think if he had managed today it would have been a strange atmosphere, a distraction and we probably would have lost.[/QUOTE]

Again, if you were faced with an opportunity at a new job would you hand your notice in at your current place before your new job was signed off on?

As I said, football fans expect a loyalty from what are in effect staff that they wouldn't expect from anybody else in any other industry.

There was no conflict of interest here, the board was daft.

Huffy 1st December 2018 22.26:37

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200544]Take passion out of it for a moment and look at it calmly. Imagine whatever line of work you're in, somebody comes along six months after you've started a new job and offers you a significantly more prestigious job (in terms of level, I don't think Shrewsbury are any more prestigious as a club than Wrexham are, actually I'd say the opposite going off history, but they are currently at a significantly superior level), far better tools to work with, more money to play around with and an enhanced wage. If you can honestly say you'd stay, fair play to you but I doubt too many people would.

Football fans expect a loyalty from what are in effect staff at their club that they wouldn't expect from anybody else in any other line of work. To Sam Ricketts, Wrexham is a job no different from yours or mine.

The decision to play arguably the most significant game of the club's season without a manager was f**king idiocy and as another poster said makes us look amateur as f**k.[/QUOTE]
We are all entitled to our opinions -and there are many who felt he couldn't be the elephant in the room as someone described it !!

Connahs_Quay_Red 1st December 2018 22.28:42

Yeah made us look really sh*t mate, just outplayed a league two team without him there.

If you think he should have been there today you do not understand what our club is about. He is angling for a job with a local rival- it’s unforgiveable. You can’t manage Wrexham FC whilst interviewing for the Shrewsbury Job.

Back of the Kop 1st December 2018 22.29:23

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200544]Take passion out of it for a moment and look at it calmly. Imagine whatever line of work you're in, somebody comes along six months after you've started a new job and offers you a significantly more prestigious job (in terms of level, I don't think Shrewsbury are any more prestigious as a club than Wrexham are, actually I'd say the opposite going off history, but they are currently at a significantly superior level), far better tools to work with, more money to play around with and an enhanced wage. If you can honestly say you'd stay, fair play to you but I doubt too many people would.

The decision to play arguably the most significant game of the club's season without a manager was f**king idiocy and as another poster said makes us look amateur as f**k.[/QUOTE]

Rubbish.The club did the right thing.No one person is bigger than this club.

There's a classy way to leave a job and a cnuts way to do it.

Guess which one Ricketts is taking ?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.43:53.