RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   So if you were a Shrewsbury fan (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112963-so-if-you-were-shrewsbury-fan.html)

Alan Attack 3rd December 2018 00.39:27

Re: So if you were a Shrewsbury fan

On what basis is Ricketts a better manager than the bloke he’s replacing?

Clearly retaining 3rd tier football is their objective but surely there are more proven names either currently available or in our division above Ricketts. You never know. In 5 years time he could be in the top flight or managing Telford.

the_holt_dragon 3rd December 2018 03.05:46

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2201386]On what basis is Ricketts a better manager than the bloke he’s replacing?

[/QUOTE]

I wonder if there is some kind of stigma managing in the non league. Maybe if Ricketts had gone straight to Shrewsbury people wouldn't have thought anything of it.

When you consider Gerrard got the Rangers job and Lampard the Derby one, is Ricketts getting a smaller league one club that strange?

pagl 3rd December 2018 03.14:41

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2201390]I wonder if there is some kind of stigma managing in the non league. Maybe if Ricketts had gone straight to Shrewsbury people wouldn't have thought anything of it.

When you consider Gerrard got the Rangers job and Lampard the Derby one, is Ricketts getting a smaller league one club that strange?[/QUOTE]

There is nothing strange. Some appointments are made on potential.
Thats how Keates got the job, narural leader and that means decision making.
Same with Gerrard.

You want a manager to take brave decisions, difficult decisions but with focus.
Ricketts does seem the type.

Lets face it Mills and even Wilkin made brave but BAD decisions.
We cannot just tolerate poor players, as I keep saying lose them.

noisy1 3rd December 2018 05.18:23

If I was a shrews fan I'd want the club to give Ricketts as long a contract as possible, if he only loses three matches out of 15, he will be off to Bolton or Hull asap.

Wopdragon 3rd December 2018 06.26:04

[QUOTE=noisy1;2201395]If I was a shrews fan I'd want the club to give Ricketts as long a contract as possible, if he only loses three matches out of 15, he will be off to Bolton or Hull asap.[/QUOTE]

Like a 3 year contract for example?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

noisy1 3rd December 2018 06.37:37

[QUOTE=Wopdragon;2201396]Like a 3 year contract for example?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Anything that gets them as much compo as possible when he f**ks off.

redavid 3rd December 2018 08.16:46

[QUOTE=noisy1;2201395]If I was a shrews fan I'd want the club to give Ricketts as long a contract as possible, if he only loses three matches out of 15, he will be off to Bolton or Hull asap.[/QUOTE]

And what if he lost hisfirst 10 ? and they wanted to sack him :(

CRUMBS 3rd December 2018 08.31:55

In actual fact i'm not so sure it will work out that great for Shrews if Ricketts gets the job , they've improved under Coyne and a new man may find it difficult to follow that , if he starts messing about with the team who knows what will happen . They obviously like it under Coyne .

techender 3rd December 2018 09.29:41

Ricketts has certainly sullied his reputation with his antics over the last few weeks. As I wrote before, we can do without his kind at Wrexham.

Nothing to do with his ambition (....many managers and players have that); but everything to do with his character and morals (or lack of).

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.05:45.