Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3rd December 2018, 11.49:43   #199-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ricketts was "indecisive" over his future in call - 'A lot of making up' if he stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I don't get this either. People saying they came back and offered the exact release fee as if that's some kind of terrible thing. Its legal for them to approach Sam's agent, isn't it?

Something clearly not right somewhere. Is the uproar because of the fact SR talked to Shrewsbury without permission or the fact he just considered it?
Agreed. Do we even know he talked to them without permission? Or is that more internet gossip?
Old 3rd December 2018, 11.50:09   #200-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Ricketts was "indecisive" over his future in call - 'A lot of making up' if he stays

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
The article I read said we rejected their approach but then they came back and told us the release fee. It was then Sam was asked if he wanted to speak with them. So if he hadnt spoke to them how did they know what the fee was?

As I said all logical in the timeline. The leak then occurred later on the Friday and then became the furore that led to Saturdays events.
The only query I would have around these events is when Walsall approached us for Keates.The statement from Richard Ulrich stated the club were obliges to inform Walsall of the compensation fee. So I wonder whether the Shrews made an official approach?..All a bit of mess especially for Sam.
Old 3rd December 2018, 11.52:00   #201-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I don't get this either. People saying they came back and offered the exact release fee as if that's some kind of terrible thing. Its legal for them to approach Sam's agent, isn't it?

Something clearly not right somewhere. Is the uproar because of the fact SR talked to Shrewsbury without permission or the fact he just considered it?
i think my sense , without any proof, just taking all the bits of info on the whole drama from the last few days, is that Ricketts either directly or through agents etc has been in communication with Shrewsbury for some period of time before any offical approach was made.

That may happen all the time in football, but when you factor in similar circumstances last year, new manger only a few months into first every manager job, it just has really peed people off.
Old 3rd December 2018, 11.52:00   #202-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_holt_dragon View Post
I think if keates was in the top 6 with any other non league club he would have left to go to Walsall.

I also believe our name does still have some prestige and a Wrexham manager is more likely to be poached thsn someone from Boreham Wood or Maidstone.

If we were to do a Shrewsbury I would try to poach Flowers from Solihull, but I disagree we won't poach anyone as we would have to pay their release fee also.

For me it's a no Brainer get Askey in.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 3rd December 2018 at 11.53:26..
Old 3rd December 2018, 11.52:28   #203-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightown Brymbo Red View Post
The only query I would have around these events is when Walsall approached us for Keates.The statement from Richard Ulrich stated the club were obliges to inform Walsall of the compensation fee. So I wonder whether the Shrews made an official approach?..All a bit of mess especially for Sam.
Just found this on our official website:
Walsall FC approached us and triggered the release clause in Dean’s contract in full, therefore we were obliged to allow Dean the opportunity to speak to the club that he supports.

So what’s different with the Ricketts situation?
Old 3rd December 2018, 11.54:04   #204-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldtownRed View Post
Agreed. Do we even know he talked to them without permission? Or is that more internet gossip?
Its a guess from some I think. I'd like to know the reason why the Wrexham Board removed him from being in charge of Saturdays game. and no I'm not saying I disagree with what they did just trying to understand the reason behind it.

Was it because of the leak from Shrewsbury end?
Or was it because he talked to them when he shouldn't have?
Old 3rd December 2018, 11.55:22   #205-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Its a guess from some I think. I'd like to know the reason why the Wrexham Board removed him from being in charge of Saturdays game. and no I'm not saying I disagree with what they did just trying to understand the reason behind it.

I think thats a fair question to ask.
Old 3rd December 2018, 11.56:09   #206-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtalk View Post
i think my sense , without any proof, just taking all the bits of info on the whole drama from the last few days, is that Ricketts either directly or through agents etc has been in communication with Shrewsbury for some period of time before any offical approach was made.

That may happen all the time in football, but when you factor in similar circumstances last year, new manger only a few months into first every manager job, it just has really peed people off.
I can't see it being that. Managers get sounded out all the time illegally as do players. I'd be amazed if we as a club haven't done this too. What about when we got Mills from Gateshead? Or Wilkin from Nuneaton.
Old 3rd December 2018, 11.56:22   #207-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Without being accused (as usual) of being a board lover I have to assume that they were on solid ground on Saturday. The fact that SR made no statement tells us something..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.18:54.