RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The T&T 3 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112994-t-t-3-a.html)

redtalk 4th December 2018 12.41:01

The T&T 3

All this talk of Big Den possibly coming back as manager, brought me down memory lane.

We will forget about Silvio Spann and Johnson!

The original 3 of Sam, Edwards and Lawerence really did add a bit of something to our team.

Carlos was something else, just an amazing player at that level.

Big Den, bambi on ice originally, but really stuck at it, and became a legend, it is hard to win over people in football, but he managed it.

Hector Sam, the weakest of the 3, but could still turn it on, and i thought was decent.

Seems a life time ago, but happy memories of the T&T 3!!!!

wrexhamandy 4th December 2018 12.44:36

Re: The T&T 3

Loved all three of them.

Is my memory serving me correctly that they came from military football clubs to us? How on earth did it all come about?!

Lay oh lay oh lay oh lay, Hector Sam Sam Sam

EnglishRed 4th December 2018 12.44:48

I remember my first glimpse of Edwards and Sam away at Bury. Both very raw but really exciting.

Lawrence looked awful at first (that game at Tranmere...) but improved so much. Loved Watching Big Dennis and Carlos. I'd watched Hector Sam with a wince at times.

podders 4th December 2018 12.45:30

[QUOTE=wrexhamandy;2202502]Loved all three of them.

Is my memory serving me correctly that they came from military football clubs to us? How on earth did it all come about?!

Lay oh lay oh lay oh lay, Hector Sam Sam Sam[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there agent related/connected to Joey jones in some way?

redtalk 4th December 2018 12.46:03

[QUOTE=wrexhamandy;2202502]Loved all three of them.

Big Den was the military guy, Defense forces was the team i think

GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo 4th December 2018 12.49:18

[QUOTE=wrexhamandy;2202502]

Happy days, that was the first song I drummed into my two year old and had him reciting it parrot-fashion. He is a bigger Wrexham fan than me now, so it was a worthwhile use of my time.

benwilliams 4th December 2018 12.50:55

[QUOTE=podders;2202504]Wasn't there agent related/connected to Joey jones in some way?[/QUOTE]

Mike Berry if i recall, he was behind all our T&T players joining even the later less successful ones.

robiethered 4th December 2018 12.53:41

Would it work with Big Den and Graham Barrow as assistant?

harrypothead 4th December 2018 12.53:50

Pryce Griffths went over with Joey and Kevin Reeves to watch Carlos and Hector play. He told me before they signed that one of them was so fast he'd catch chickens. I remember them both coming here, Hector wad the better of the two as he was the strongest. Carlos grew up a bit over the season's and became a star. Big Den followed after. I have a faint memory that he came over and had trails at Newcastle and Everton, but didn't get signed. Then we signed him.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.49:40.