Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th December 2018, 18.41:28   #55-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Snakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldroadred View Post
Here we go

Well Mr Ricketts, I trust that you are settling into your new role and that your agent is already touting your 100% record with the Slops to anyone who cares to listen (Anyone with a large enough chequebook that is). My last message was an admittedly muddled attempt at demonstrating the difference between what a football club means to people like you, and what it means to people like me and the thousands of others who placed their faith in your lies.
I am sure as you left the building last week, there wasn't even so much as a sneaky glance over that shoulder at the confusion you left behind, after all this football club is nothing more than a line, or maybe (Praise be Saviour Sam) a whole paragraph in the great Sam Ricketts CV!! Now speaking of CV's, I am sure we are all guilty of embellishing the truth a little, but having seen some of your interviews I was rather surprised to hear that you had left us in a better position we had been in for the last 10-15 YEARS?? WOW!! In that time we were a league club, THREE WEMBLEY appearances, a 98 POINT season? And yet YOU, SAM RICKETTS are the best thing to happen to us in all that time?
To me though, those lies pale into insignificance compared to the barefaced lies you spouted out to the very people who invest far more into, not only, Wrexham Football club, but football itself (Take note Shrewsbury fans, we were quite familiar with the words he used when he joined you). You see Sam, as much as you talk of long term plans, how "fantastic the supporters were today", those were just words to you, to us it is not something we say it is something we feel, something we live, something we breathe. If you were even capable of understanding the efforts that so many people have made to ensure that Wrexham Football Club is still something we have today, then I hope that you hang your head in shame. If you knew that people were willing to give up their houses to ensure this? What were your words in your interview at Shrewsbury? "Shrewsbury is a WELL RUN club"? By well run I assume that you mean the Chairman's chequebook is large enough to pay a release clause, double your wages and buy enough players to continue your meteoric rise to........ Where next year Sam? Hull maybe?
I would rather think that "well run" is more about people investing themselves into a football club Sam, people giving their time to make sure that we are all in this together, people making sure that anyone who wants to feel part of this great football club can actually be a part of it. A club that looks at the communtity it comes from and does it's best to make sure they are included.
I would say a football club that gets mentioned in Parliament for the efforts it has made to include disabled supporters for instance, is far better run than a club with a Chairman who sneaks about trying to establish what release clauses are!
But anyway Sam, you have chosen your bed..... I say bed........ I assume it's a hotel booking till April. We move on. You mentioned you left Wrexham in a better state (I now see why you kept bringing that up in press conferences during your time here..... clever CV stuff again!!) than when you found it...... well in a way Sam, you are partly right, not really to do with anything you did other than leave but, just as you didn't look over your shoulder, well we are starting to do that too. There were two people today who, in effect, stuck two fingers up at your attitude to football, two people who appreciate what it is that truly makes football such a wonderful thing, two people who understand that if you give everything you have (rather than take everything you can), two people who understand that there are far greater rewards to be had. Two people who you should never be allowed to look in the eye again.
TAKE A BOW Graham Barrow and CAPTAIN Shaun Pearson. I don't think either of you can ever be thanked enough for what you did today in demonstrating what you have done to reaffirm our belief in what we hold dear. Shaun, I don't think was ever in any doubt that you would become a legend in this part of the world. Yes we know that your first love is Grimsby, and we love you all the more for it and we hope we make you feel just as much at home.
Graham, A trickier welcome given some of your past but I think a certain Gary Bennett cleared a path in that respect. I soooo wish that story about you grabbing the snake by the neck had been true but we love you nonetheless. Thank you both for not only saving our week, but enabling us all to come out stronger.

One final word Sam, I truly hope your career fails miserably, opportunists like you do not deserve to profit from the beautiful game because you fail to see what makes it beautiful. I have never wished ill fortune on Shrewsbury town, but if they lose enough to get you sacked I will enjoy the new year so much more.

To my fellow Wrexham fans....... #UTST
Well said and an honest assessment of Ricketts and the fans who love this club .
Old 7th December 2018, 21.35:39   #56-0 (permalink)
ABd
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Harry Redknapp on I’m a Celebrity just said ‘there are a lot of snakes in football’

Too right Hazza!
Old 7th December 2018, 23.18:20   #57-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABd View Post
Harry Redknapp on I’m a Celebrity just said ‘there are a lot of snakes in football’

Too right Hazza!
And he is the biggest one
Old 8th December 2018, 11.39:17   #58-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

It's not so much what Ricketts did, it's how he did it that makes him a twat and leaves such a bad taste for some.
Most of us will have had to make very hard decisions in life that we know will cause upset somewhere. What decent people with integrity do is go about it the right way. I was bitterly disappointed when Keates left, the timing was awful but as he said football has it's own timing sometimes. He went about it the right way.
Ricketts is obviously a very different animal.
Old 8th December 2018, 11.42:59   #59-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE19 Exile View Post
It's not so much what Ricketts did, it's how he did it that makes him a twat and leaves such a bad taste for some.
Most of us will have had to make very hard decisions in life that we know will cause upset somewhere. What decent people with integrity do is go about it the right way. I was bitterly disappointed when Keates left, the timing was awful but as he said football has it's own timing sometimes. He went about it the right way.
Ricketts is obviously a very different animal.
No he’s a Reptile.
Old 8th December 2018, 11.44:40   #60-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Exec Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
So him jumping ship on the run on wrecking our promotion push last season you have no issues, but the snake leaves with plenty of time to replace and still go for promotion, no difference for me they both put themselves before loyalty to the club who gave them the chance in management.
Posted via mobile theme
The reason that we didnt make the play offs had more to do with the Board not being decisive in the Appointment of a New Manager, and using the Cheap option of Davis
Old 8th December 2018, 11.56:45   #61-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhater View Post
The reason that we didnt make the play offs had more to do with the Board not being decisive in the Appointment of a New Manager, and using the Cheap option of Davis
Hindsight is wonderful, but the players were settled with AD & CD and any interim manager may have rocked the boat. CD had proven he could steady the ship. At that stage of the season there would have been plenty of out of work manager's but possible not many of the calibre available at the end of the season.

Hopefully we are better placed this time round with the vastly experienced and highly respected GB and the board have that much more experience of handling these situations.

Last edited by davewilli; 8th December 2018 at 11.57:56..
Old 8th December 2018, 12.13:21   #62-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilli View Post
Hindsight is wonderful, but the players were settled with AD & CD and any interim manager may have rocked the boat. CD had proven he could steady the ship. At that stage of the season there would have been plenty of out of work manager's but possible not many of the calibre available at the end of the season.

Hopefully we are better placed this time round with the vastly experienced and highly respected GB and the board have that much more experience of handling these situations.
But he wasnt up to the job. Most people knew but some just back the decision regardless.
Old 8th December 2018, 12.35:33   #63-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Elis james on Sam Ricketts.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05...odes/downloads
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.02:23.