Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th December 2018, 10.20:55   #46-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Barrow signs 2.5 year contract as Assistant Manager - no manager announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by fezbob View Post
What happens if we get a stand out candidate who has his own staff? If our existing staff lost their jobs then the buck would stop with Ricketts as far as I'm concerned.
Not going to happen it's a done deal behind the scenes and I think we all know who our new manager is hence the contract for Barrow.
Old 6th December 2018, 10.20:56   #47-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Barrow signs 2.5 year contract as Assistant Manager - no manager announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbuteorob View Post
Would say managing a national side who previously had Dwight Yorke in their numbers and qualified for a WC isn't exactly tinpot. Drew with Sweden in that WC and lost 2-0 to England and Paraguay. Football has changed. Some would call us tinpot.
I expect the neutral does see us as tinpot.

Why wouldn't they? We're a long serving non-league club.
Old 6th December 2018, 10.23:17   #48-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
I know nowt but I'd imagine it'll be DL joining as manager as soon as we can prise him away from T&T.
Don't think that will be too difficult as T and T apparently have no money and are way overdue with wages payments allegedly.
Old 6th December 2018, 10.27:26   #49-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

The Board have experienced both Ricketts and Barrow since May and July, and presumably have a good understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.

It is unusual to appoint or extend an assistant manager before a manager, which suggests one of 3 things about the Board: they are bereft of intelligence; they have already selected a new manager but cannot announce him yet; they have not yet selected a replacement but they are making it clear they will have to work with GB, JJ and CD.

Reading RP, we are already falling into those 3 categories.

Finally, well done to the Board for extending GB’s contract, and acting professionally and promptly after Rickett’s decision to jump ship. Also, well done to GB for staying loyal and taking over the reins during this critical period for our club. We were very unlucky not to beat Newport last week, but must now find our winning ways again, starting on Saturday against Eastleigh.

Winning these league games is paramount, but if he can also mastermind a win at Newport we might see another candidate for our Roll of Honour!

No pressure GB. But at least you’ll soon have William to take the lead!
Old 6th December 2018, 10.28:01   #50-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

The irony about people calling this a sentimental choice is that it comes from the same people who still think Ferguson should have got the job in 2007 because of his name when he had no experience. And most people were happy with Mills and Little who were disastrous. Saying “just get behind him” is a bit happy clappy but there’s something in it as if you’re convinced it will be a disaster then you think you have more knowledge than you actually do.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 6th December 2018, 10.32:10   #51-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
The irony about people calling this a sentimental choice is that it comes from the same people who still think Ferguson should have got the job in 2007 because of his name when he had no experience. And most people were happy with Mills and Little who were disastrous. Saying “just get behind him” is a bit happy clappy but there’s something in it as if you’re convinced it will be a disaster then you think you have more knowledge than you actually do.
Posted via mobile theme
I’ve not once called for Ferguson to get the job. In hindsight though he would have probably done better than Carey seeing as he’s had success as a manager and Carey hasn’t. Not sure that’s a great example.

I didn’t realise you had to back every move the club makes. Silly me!
Old 6th December 2018, 10.36:30   #52-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: On my bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I'd like to know where this hype about Barrow comes from though. I'm not putting him down, clearly recent events and things he's said has won favour with fans but without witnessing day to day stuff at the club during both times I can't see how you can compare. Is it the players we've signed and he's getting all the credit?

I like him don't get me wrong, I think from what we hear from him he's what we need. But all a sudden he's being talked up a lot.
Google?
Old 6th December 2018, 10.43:21   #53-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I'd like to know where this hype about Barrow comes from though. I'm not putting him down, clearly recent events and things he's said has won favour with fans but without witnessing day to day stuff at the club during both times I can't see how you can compare. Is it the players we've signed and he's getting all the credit?

I like him don't get me wrong, I think from what we hear from him he's what we need. But all a sudden he's being talked up a lot.
If he did grip the snake by the throat he deserves a 5 year contract never mind 2.5 years. It's what we all wanted to do on Saturday night.
Old 6th December 2018, 10.53:54   #54-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
If he did grip the snake by the throat he deserves a 5 year contract never mind 2.5 years. It's what we all wanted to do on Saturday night.
you don't believe that do you
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.44:02.