Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th December 2018, 10.56:44   #55-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dennis Lawrence New Wrexham Manager (DONE DEAL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
In what way proved right? I don't remember anyone saying that he would be off after 5 months, perhaps you could point out the thread. I also don't remember anyone predicting that we would be in the top 4 in December.

If Barrow made Ricketts look good, whose to say that he won't make the new manager look good, especially if he has had a say in the appointment.
I didn't want a rookie manager full of bull that had only managed an under 16yr old team at Wolves. In my time I have interviewed way too many people who could talk the talk but when if came down to reality did well for a while but were always looking for their next step up the ladder.
Ricketts sounded and proved to be full of his own importance and way too big headed and hopefully all will come crashing down on him in future.
You will recall that many if us did nog want Ricketts but to be fair as time went on I changed my opinion and got taken in by his spin . But I still maintain that it's Barrow who is the brains and little snake Rickets brought in fresh ideas that appeared to work but let's see what the new manager brings to the club ,
Old 6th December 2018, 10.57:21   #56-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Not sure why you think that. What if Swansea came in for him mid season? He'd be gone. Again.
If so, they’ve already missed the boat for this season!
Old 6th December 2018, 10.59:46   #57-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Not sure why you think that. What if Swansea came in for him mid season? He'd be gone. Again.
This.If it's Lawrence we already need to be planning for when he f***s off to Swansea.
Old 6th December 2018, 11.00:12   #58-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: Dennis Lawrence New Wrexham Manager (unconfirmed!)

Love the RP positivity.

He's got more experience than the previous two appointments, and has been a highly regarded coach. Critically he carries on the FAW trained approach we've put into place since Keates and Darlington came in. He knows the club, he knows the area. Yes he might be off if he does well. And a club from a higher division comes in for him but most managers would, and possibly it would be a harder decision for him that it was Ricketts given his connections to the club.

If true I'll at least give him the benefit of the doubt. But what happened with the T & T block?
Old 6th December 2018, 11.00:34   #59-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
Missing the point.
Well what was your point then Phil. Unless we were paying wages to match or better those of clubs higher up the leagues it's always going to be the case no matter who we bring in.
Old 6th December 2018, 11.05:49   #60-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

When Keates was appointed, he had coaching qualifications plus two years as a coach at the Glyndwr Academy under his belt.

When Ricketts was appointed, he has coaching qualifications plus 18 months learning the ropes with the Wolves youth team under his belt.

Right now, Dennis Lawrence has coaching qualifications plus three years as Assistant Coach at Wigan, three years as First Team Development Coach at Everton, and one year as Manager of the T&T national team under his belt.

If the first two were so successful that they were tapped up by teams two leagues above within months, why is it so crazy to think that the vastly more experienced Lawrence might be a success?
Old 6th December 2018, 11.06:52   #61-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Let's all calm down and wait till the official announcement we are going of a rumour only started by someone at the club who opened his mouth prematurely maybe.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 6th December 2018, 11.07:15   #62-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner Flag View Post
I didn't want a rookie manager full of bull that had only managed an under 16yr old team at Wolves. In my time I have interviewed way too many people who could talk the talk but when if came down to reality did well for a while but were always looking for their next step up the ladder.
Ricketts sounded and proved to be full of his own importance and way too big headed and hopefully all will come crashing down on him in future.
You will recall that many if us did nog want Ricketts but to be fair as time went on I changed my opinion and got taken in by his spin . But I still maintain that it's Barrow who is the brains and little snake Rickets brought in fresh ideas that appeared to work but let's see what the new manager brings to the club ,
Rather than dwelling on Rickett’s character, abilities and limitations, let’s focus all our energy and effort on Wrexham AFC, here and now.

Shrewsbury have made their choice; more importantly, we are beginning to make our choices. Many are very nervous about appointing Lawrence - if that actually is the case - whilst others are doubting GB’s worth. The proof will be in reading of the league table at the end of the season.

As fans we can speculate over a beer, whinge and cheer about the to-ings and fro-ings at the club but, ultimately, the important thing is to get to the Racecourse on Saturday and get behind GB and the team. We desperately need to win and start a winning run. After that, we’ll soon find out who the new boss will be. Whether it’s Askey, Lawrence, Barnes or Donald Trump, I would hope we’d get behind them, albeit I would prefer Donald Duck to Trump!

Last edited by Prodigal Dragon; 6th December 2018 at 11.11:10..
Old 6th December 2018, 11.08:17   #63-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Well what was your point then Phil. Unless we were paying wages to match or better those of clubs higher up the leagues it's always going to be the case no matter who we bring in.
People making out DL wouldn't do that to us. As a player he already has.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.31:33.