RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Big Den rejects offer! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113023-big-den-rejects-offer.html)

Ipswich Red 10th December 2018 13.30:27

Re: Big Den rejects offer!

[QUOTE=robiethered;2205266]I was in favour in DL as our new manager, but not at 150,000. He's not worth that at all. Time for us to choose somebody else and move on.[/QUOTE]

It depends whether we're paying by the inch!!

southcoastexpress 10th December 2018 13.35:32

Wilkin not Wilkinson! Predictive text��

Phils-an-alki 10th December 2018 14.04:31

[QUOTE=northwalian dragon;2205288]You're talking about yourself, right?[/QUOTE]

Ssssh, adults are talking

KingBuxton_Forever red 10th December 2018 14.29:43

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2205268]Right for the job but walked as soon as the opportunity arose? Hmm, I get your point but I'm not so sure.
Not taking us up, in the context of who is the right choice is ultimately what we judge them on though isn't it?
[B]Morrell took us closest but some folk on here seem to hate the guy more than Mills. [/B]

But Macc had Askey, Lincoln had the Cowleys, Luton had Still. I'd say they were the correct choice.[/QUOTE]

Not a chance. Does anybody no here NOT hate Mills.

fezbob 10th December 2018 14.32:49

Who actually hates Morrell? I think most see him as a decent and honourable bloke, who took on a decent squad and came very close. That said, he had several shortcomings, particularly in the transfer market, and on that basis folk see little point in him returning.

Phils-an-alki 10th December 2018 14.34:20

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2205308]Not a chance. Does anybody no here NOT hate Mills.[/QUOTE]

Dixienormous and pagl seem to hate him. Sorry lads.

Suggested last week that Morrell could step in and I thought I'd typed Mills by mistake judging from their reactions.

Phils-an-alki 10th December 2018 14.39:26

[QUOTE=fezbob;2205309]Who actually hates Morrell? I think most see him as a decent and honourable bloke, who took on a decent squad and came very close. That said, he had several shortcomings, particularly in the transfer market, and on that basis folk see little point in him returning.[/QUOTE]

You'd be hard pushed to find managers this far down without shortcomings. Not convinced the transfer short comings were all down to Morrell either. Especially when you consider Horne was at the club then..

pagl 10th December 2018 14.45:20

[QUOTE=fezbob;2205309]Who actually hates Morrell? I think most see him as a decent and honourable bloke, who took on a decent squad and came very close. That said, he had several shortcomings, particularly in the transfer market, and on that basis folk see little point in him returning.[/QUOTE]

Spot on. I have always acknowledged him steadying the ship and taking over a difficult role post Saunders. My complaint over AM was his complacency and his failure to recruit. Maybe outside interference was a factor but that's even worse as he should never have allowed it.

As a former player and manager he has respect but I would not want him back.

Red_not_Dead 10th December 2018 14.57:36

[QUOTE=pagl;2205315]Spot on. I have always acknowledged him steadying the ship and taking over a difficult role post Saunders. My complaint over AM was his complacency and his failure to recruit. Maybe outside interference was a factor but that's even worse as he should never have allowed it.

As a former player and manager he has respect but I would not want him back.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, after all the money Saunders had spent difficult to say how much if anything was left for AM !! really top fella and never speaks badly of us..

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.16:39.