RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Big Den rejects offer! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113023-big-den-rejects-offer.html)

EnglishRed 9th December 2018 15.18:26

Re: Big Den rejects offer!

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2205037]Quite a few 9f our players are on more than that.[/QUOTE]

Now that I can believe.

krux 9th December 2018 15.19:05

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2205033]40k a year?

That's not even senior manager pay in most jobs nowadays. Why would anyone be a football manager?[/QUOTE]

Because you can earn a full time living doing it. If you are a football manager you can manage cefn druids or Northwich - how much do you reckon those lads earn?- or a nice 40 k as a full time boss in the cknfconference.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

EnglishRed 9th December 2018 15.30:43

[QUOTE=krux;2205040]Because you can earn a full time living doing it. If you are a football manager you can manage cefn druids or Northwich - how much do you reckon those lads earn?- or a nice 40 k as a full time boss in the cknfconference.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I don't imagine they are on much at all. But that is a far lower standard than we are.

How many hours do you think a full time Conference manager of a club the size of Wrexham puts in?

If the Wrexham manager is earning 35k I retract any criticism of Sam Ricketts.

fezbob 9th December 2018 15.42:11

If there's not 100% certainty on the new man then I'm still struggling to fathom Barrow's extension.

Jaded 9th December 2018 15.43:35

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2205043]I don't imagine they are on much at all. But that is a far lower standard than we are.

How many hours do you think a full time Conference manager of a club the size of Wrexham puts in?

If the Wrexham manager is earning 35k I retract any criticism of Sam Ricketts.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 35k seems ridiculously low.

eosceiriog 9th December 2018 15.58:16

[QUOTE=fezbob;2205047]If there's not 100% certainty on the new man then I'm still struggling to fathom Barrow's extension.

At last a sensible view on the situation and it applies to player extensions as well.

Let's hope it is all under control!!!.

krux 9th December 2018 15.58:17

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2205043]I don't imagine they are on much at all. But that is a far lower standard than we are.

If the Wrexham manager is earning 35k I retract any criticism of Sam Ricketts.[/QUOTE]

I think the Wrexham manager and the top players would be on roughly £1knper week, hence 40k doesn't seem too out of line with my view

tokyored 9th December 2018 15.59:59

[QUOTE=eosceiriog;2205052]At last a sensible view on the situation and it applies to player extensions as well.

Let's hope it is all under control!!!.[/QUOTE]

Pearson had signed his new deal before Ricketts left. Just wasn't announced for some reason.

EnglishRed 9th December 2018 16.35:34

[QUOTE=krux;2205053]I think the Wrexham manager and the top players would be on roughly £1knper week, hence 40k doesn't seem too out of line with my view

We offer 52 week contracts font we?

Apparently a few years ago (2014) the average L2 managers salary was 50k. I'd imagine we'd have to offer similar level to that to remain competitive.

I have no idea myself but 35-40 seems very low. Somehwere between 50-70k seems more likely. But I really. Have no idea!

I'm the same 2014 LMA survey the average League 1 salary was between 75-100k

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.44:50.