RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The Direction is Set (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113025-direction-set.html)

Congy Red 9th December 2018 08.36:11

The Direction is Set

Our board have recruited an excellent backroom staff and given them real influence, both with the length of contracts and the obvious influence on manager recruitment.
Any new manager will need to fit in. Its not a case of ripping up the masterplan. The board have put us in a very strong position. It isn't likely anyone is nailed on for the job yet.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

9478geoff 9th December 2018 08.43:56

Re: The Direction is Set

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2204936]Our board have recruited an excellent backroom staff and given them real influence, both with the length of contracts and the obvious influence on manager recruitment.
Any new manager will need to fit in. Its not a case of ripping up the masterplan. The board have put us in a very strong position. It isn't likely anyone is nailed on for the job yet.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

me thinks one chap who is a member of our backroom staff and who has ltd experience could do a job for us as he did a couple of seasons a go but would he want the job , come on down Carl

LlayDragon 9th December 2018 14.22:54

[QUOTE=9478geoff;2204940]me thinks one chap who is a member of our backroom staff and who has ltd experience could do a job for us as he did a couple of seasons a go but would he want the job , come on down Carl[/QUOTE]

No he wouldn't, and it's been done to death why.

Todd Sweeney 9th December 2018 18.00:54

It’s very similar to how Swansea used to do things. Managers came and went but the style of play and the likes of Alan Curtis were constants.

benwilliams 9th December 2018 18.06:44

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2205093]It’s very similar to how Swansea used to do things. Managers came and went but the style of play and the likes of Alan Curtis were constants.[/QUOTE]

Its also the watford model that's been pretty successful, head coach may change frequently but the club has a philosophy and all the other key staff are secured on long contracts. We are of course nowhere near that model or it's sophistication but having a conference version isn't a bad strategy in my book
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

EnglishRed 9th December 2018 19.46:09

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2205095]Its also the watford model that's been pretty successful, head coach may change frequently but the club has a philosophy and all the other key staff are secured on long contracts. We are of course nowhere near that model or it's sophistication but having a conference version isn't a bad strategy in my book
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Southampton did it too.

You scout managers and have a shortlist. If you ever need to replace your manager you go out and get your preferred target. Keeps the continuity of approach and avoids the rip it up and start again model we've previously used. Makes a lot of sense.

Cornish Taff 9th December 2018 20.24:49

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2205120]Southampton did it too.

You scout managers and have a shortlist. If you ever need to replace your manager you go out and get your preferred target. Keeps the continuity of approach and avoids the rip it up and start again model we've previously used. Makes a lot of sense.[/QUOTE]

When Hughes joined Southampton, he brought his own backroom staff from Stoke.

When he was sacked, so were his "mates".

Doesn't always work.

EnglishRed 9th December 2018 20.30:14

[QUOTE=Cornish Taff;2205133]When Hughes joined Southampton, he brought his own backroom staff from Stoke.

When he was sacked, so were his "mates".

Doesn't always work.[/QUOTE]

Southampton don't do it anymore. It was a path they took when they were down in league 1 trying to get back to the EPL.

noisy1 10th December 2018 18.00:36

I agree with this approach, the backroom staff are the key to continuity and the manager becomes the figurehead.
Get the right team in and managers can come and go with minimal disruption to the organisation of the squad.
Eventually we could start promoting from within, five or six years down this road, Sean Pearson for manager?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.02:38.