RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New Contracts (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113027-new-contracts.html)

benwilliams 9th December 2018 17.45:16

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2205060]Yes, he’ll be 33 next year and other than 3 or 4 good games this year he has been anonymous this season from a creative point of view. If we’re to challenge properly for promotion as I keep saying we need better players than him in attacking positions.[/QUOTE]

He'll be 32 next year and I've seen him have more than 3 or 4 good games and I've only seen about 8!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

OneLoveWrexham 9th December 2018 17.53:09

Re: New Contracts

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2205087]He'll be 32 next year and I've seen him have more than 3 or 4 good games and I've only seen about 8!
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]
32 then makes no difference, the point is he’s not getting any younger. Anyway if you think he deserves a new contract so be it but in my opinion if we’re looking for promotion every season an attacking player needs to score more than 0. #fact

spuderz123 9th December 2018 17.56:19

[QUOTE=Maccie;2205076]:D :D :D ok, if you say so...how do you know?[/QUOTE]

Because we could only sign him for a month :toilet:

benwilliams 9th December 2018 18.08:14

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2205090]32 then makes no difference, the point is he’s not getting any younger. Anyway if you think he deserves a new contract so be it but in my opinion if we’re looking for promotion every season an attacking player needs to score more than 0. #fact[/QUOTE]

His goalscoring record viewed alone isn't great I agree but his assist rate is pretty impressive. I'd rather him than someone who has scored maybe 2 or 3 and assisted none.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Back of the Kop 9th December 2018 18.15:04

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2205021]Manny, Summerfield, Walker, Lainton, Carra and Grant for me. These are all good enough for league above aswell so if by some miracle we go up it’s the basis of a solid squad.

Edit, I also like Young but fitness always seems a concern with him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it'll be a "miracle" if we go up when we are 4 points off the top with a game in hand and 69 points to play for.

Some miracle that.Talk about a drama

LLEWS A RED 9th December 2018 18.33:52

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2205090]32 then makes no difference, the point is he’s not getting any younger. Anyway if you think he deserves a new contract so be it but in my opinion if we’re looking for promotion every season an attacking player needs to score more than 0. #fact[/QUOTE]

OK We all get you don t rate him. Thankfully you are in the minority.:hurray:

OneLoveWrexham 9th December 2018 18.39:27

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2205096]His goalscoring record viewed alone isn't great I agree but his assist rate is pretty impressive. I'd rather him than someone who has scored maybe 2 or 3 and assisted none.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]
His assists haven’t been as frequent as last season, so if his assists aren’t consistent and he doesn’t score he’s basically a jobbing winger which won’t get you out this division.

OneLoveWrexham 9th December 2018 18.41:25

[QUOTE=LLEWS A RED;2205101]OK We all get you don t rate him. Thankfully you are in the minority.:hurray:[/QUOTE]
Clearly you’re happy with his 4 goals in 2 and a half seasons, well done I am quite happy being the ‘minority’ then.

OneLoveWrexham 9th December 2018 18.45:03

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2205097]Yeah it'll be a "miracle" if we go up when we are 4 points off the top with a game in hand and 69 points to play for.

Some miracle that.Talk about a drama[/QUOTE]
No ‘drama’ there la

roy the rover 9th December 2018 18.56:06

He has to go when is contract runs out due to his goal returns.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.21:13.