Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th December 2018, 06.34:02   #91-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Disappointed (Newport A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal welsh red View Post
None of the moaning fookers appeared this quickly on the Eastleigh thread. Strange that.
Questioning where the clubs money is just because we’ve lost a game is a new level of stupidity as well. It’s football, we will lose games!!
Clubs money
Floodlights
New board from liverpool 45k
Building work
New rain system
Old 12th December 2018, 06.42:24   #92-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: used to be the kop.

I wonder if the board are aiming to have a new manager in place before the hectic Christmas schedule, which includes our potentially season defining double header against Salford. We could hit the ground running with players eager to impress or we could suffer teething problems. Vicious circle, but a bit exciting eh?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th December 2018, 06.43:48   #93-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejackoinsaudi View Post
Fondop appears to be a waste of space. We got Hinds Newport got Semenyo from Bristol City. Rutherford for all his effort is not a goal scorer. Holroyd appears to be finished. Drew has been a huge disappointment.Beavon if signed as a goal scorer is definitely not that. Pyke flatters to deceive. For me too many bad decisions made in signing these players or our system of play just doesn't suit goal scoring, maybe the latter as Boden is managing to score goals at Gateshead. Our team/ tactics is geared to be hard to beat. Possibly not good enough to be promoted and definitely not good enough for L2 if by some chance we do get promoted. Have my doubts that the defence as is would also struggle in L2. Hope we go out and get at least two higher quality players in January, whether they will fit in to our system is a different matter.
Agree with this. Ricketts got much right but we are still weak up front. Grant is a good signing but we need 2 proven strikers and a quick and effective winger.

Rutherford has his limitations but he is a very good squad player for this season.

Buying players in January is bloody difficult, so we need better loanees than what we have, and to sign Walker.

Good luck to our new manager. He and GB need to hit the ground running.
Old 12th December 2018, 07.00:28   #94-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
Where is it though? And why is it not being spent on the team? Is it being stored for the rainy day that’ll never come.

We have surely never had more money in years so if we don’t spend now, when will we ever spend?
For Christ sake why don't you read the posts , JANUARY JANUARY you Muppet , !!!!
Old 12th December 2018, 07.05:40   #95-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiejackoinsaudi View Post
Our team/ tactics is geared to be hard to beat. Possibly not good enough to be promoted and definitely not good enough for L2 if by some chance we do get promoted. Have my doubts that the defence as is would also struggle in L2. Hope we go out and get at least two higher quality players in January, whether they will fit in to our system is a different matter.
There's some drivel on this thread.

1. we've just gone toe to toe with a team in the top four of the league above. Until the sending off in the replay, we were the better team.

2. an in form striker would have made the difference in the game

3. There is hardly any difference between much of what's in the NL and what's in L2.

4. People underestimate how good our first team is. (We're 4th in the league with a game in hand that would take us 1 point off the top). You'd think the way some are carrying on we're mid table fodder.

5. We need pace. Without Pyke, MJD etc we lose a lot of the pace that is in the team.
Old 12th December 2018, 07.10:54   #96-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
So to sum it up:

Yes an expected defeat against league opposition.
No matter how much you prepare you cant predict footballers mentality or brain farts of a 2 footed tackle.
Goal scorers win you games.
We have made a decent amount of footbal fortune already but the next round would have been an earner.
The bench shows a paper thin and quite frankly an uninspiring number of back up players.
Barrow will need to guide the ship into January.
January cant come soon enough for a revamp of the squad and team.

Yes were all disappointed but the next league games are much more important to the future of the club this season. Thats Young out for 2 of them.
Is Young suspended though?
I thought this season that cards were specific to to either league or cup, hence Walkers absence due to 2 FA cup yellows?
If that’s the case, I believe it is logical that Youngs red will carry over to next seasons FA Cup.
Old 12th December 2018, 07.51:24   #97-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrobinman View Post
Is Young suspended though?
I thought this season that cards were specific to to either league or cup, hence Walkers absence due to 2 FA cup yellows?
If that’s the case, I believe it is logical that Youngs red will carry over to next seasons FA Cup.
Seemingly, that is the case for Yellow Cards but not Red Cards. I think it’s a 3-game ban for such tackles.
Old 12th December 2018, 08.00:49   #98-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quick word to all those saying if we had better strikers it would've been over and done with in the first leg, have you forgotten that their keeper had a blinder and Beavon had a goalbound shot cleared off the line? Despite us having been the much better side the much vaunted duo of Matt and Amond missed great chances for them too and I'm guessing they are the type of striker the moaners on here would be creaming their pants over? We will sign better forward players in January, whether that gets us up who knows!
Posted via mobile theme
Old 12th December 2018, 08.09:36   #99-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwenred View Post
No striker would've made a difference tonight, Like Young has let the occasion get to him and it was a stupid red card. From then on it was always going to be an uphill struggle. Second half was a shambles defensively and commited the Cardinal son of conceding early after the restart. Was only ever going to be a tanking from then on.
have to agree we could have had messi and ronaldo playing tonight and still lost ,

very disappointing the way we went out .
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.44:54.