Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14th December 2018, 08.41:01   #208-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Disappointed (Newport A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
of names?

I'm afraid my knowledge of lower/non league strikers is not great.

or are you suggesting fans cannot call for a new striker unless they identify appropriate targets?
No I'm not. The way some carry on though, gives the impression they're everywhere. I'd hope that given this, they'd be able to make some realistic suggestions, because like you, my knowledge of them isn't great.
Old 14th December 2018, 08.41:19   #209-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffred View Post
Full of great suggestions as always. Easier to just snipe.

The thing is he is right, but then again they gambled on Fondop on a 2 yr deal someone who is not ready and probably never will be, instead of someone like Grant has higher league experience. If you sign non league strikers then most of the time unless lucky they are non league quality, what we need is a Beavon with an end product & that's one of our problems we have 2 work horses in Beavon and Rutherford who rarely score.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 14th December 2018, 08.46:57   #210-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
The thing is he is right, but then again they gambled on Fondop on a 2 yr deal someone who is not ready and probably never will be, instead of someone like Grant has higher league experience. If you sign non league strikers then most of the time unless lucky they are non league quality, what we need is a Beavon with an end product & that's one of our problems we have 2 work horses in Beavon and Rutherford who rarely score.
Posted via mobile theme
I haven't said he's wrong. Just asking for suggestions on people we could sign. Like I said... it's just easier to snipe.
Old 14th December 2018, 08.55:01   #211-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
I haven't said he's wrong. Just asking for suggestions on people we could sign. Like I said... it's just easier to snipe.

Well who do you suggest we sign? I don't think Dixie is sniping at all, I admit he is like a broken record over saying what we all know we need, it's just Dixie to be fair he's been saying it for a few seasons and he is right.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 14th December 2018, 09.30:04   #212-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
To be fair there was and has been many suggestions on here this season and in the summer. Granted not all realistic but they were there.

How do you propose your average fans suggest players anyway, without knowing what the club can afford etc ?

Isn't that the job of the manager and his team?

Surely the criticism is that they haven't brought in the right players in that position, which is their job, not fans on here.

Just because you criticise something does that mean you have to suggest alternatives or all the answers? Its like when people criticise the board and then the usual suspects only response is put yourself forward for the WST board then, which is just so stupid its beyond belief. Many hammer politicians and the prime minister but that doesn't mean they should run for election or shut up.
Old 14th December 2018, 09.39:53   #213-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
No I'm not. The way some carry on though, gives the impression they're everywhere. I'd hope that given this, they'd be able to make some realistic suggestions, because like you, my knowledge of them isn't great.
yeah, they are definitely not everywhere!

I think the key thing this year is that we should have more £ to able to get one, which in previous years we didn't.
Old 14th December 2018, 09.46:10   #214-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
To be fair there was and has been many suggestions on here this season and in the summer. Granted not all realistic but they were there.
Some frequently give names to be fair.

Quote:
How do you propose your average fans suggest players anyway, without knowing what the club can afford etc ?

Isn't that the job of the manager and his team?
Those who snipe are generally those who claim we are loaded...

Quote:
Surely the criticism is that they haven't brought in the right players in that position, which is their job, not fans on here.

Just because you criticise something does that mean you have to suggest alternatives or all the answers? Its like when people criticise the board and then the usual suspects only response is put yourself forward for the WST board then, which is just so stupid its beyond belief. Many hammer politicians and the prime minister but that doesn't mean they should run for election or shut up.
I'm not trying to take away any responsibility of the board or the manger or any one else at the club - there is no doubt we could have done a better job in this area in the summer. I'm also not suggesting that people on here should be scouting or anything.

Happy for people to criticise the board. that's important - what's equally important is being able to lay out what they'd do instead. As I said, the easiest thing in the world is to just moan and snipe from the sidelines.
Old 14th December 2018, 09.53:23   #215-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Some frequently give names to be fair.

Those who snipe are generally those who claim we are loaded...

I'm not trying to take away any responsibility of the board or the manger or any one else at the club - there is no doubt we could have done a better job in this area in the summer. I'm also not suggesting that people on here should be scouting or anything.

Happy for people to criticise the board. that's important - what's equally important is being able to lay out what they'd do instead. As I said, the easiest thing in the world is to just moan and snipe from the sidelines.
Agree with most of what you say. I'm not sure its equally important to lay out what they'd do instead, why?
Sometimes you can easily spot something is wrong or not working but as an outsider you may not have the answers because you don't have all the relevant info. Or you may just not know the answer full stop, which doesn't mean that the criticism is wrong or out of order.

Anyway all this will go away when we are promoted, right?
Old 14th December 2018, 10.15:56   #216-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Agree with most of what you say. I'm not sure its equally important to lay out what they'd do instead, why?
Sometimes you can easily spot something is wrong or not working but as an outsider you may not have the answers because you don't have all the relevant info. Or you may just not know the answer full stop, which doesn't mean that the criticism is wrong or out of order.

Anyway all this will go away when we are promoted, right?
Some will still be moaning... "if we'd have signed Rowe we'd have had 140 points".
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.48:07.