Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th December 2018, 17.55:02   #37-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Boston (H) Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
1 game against a conference north side isn’t really going to change them as players or the lack of quality they provide to the squad.

Lets hope Barrow knows and convinces the new manager to clear them out.
I did think Fondop might work out but sounds like he is an ego that cannot be tamed.
F-T has age on his side, but I think he needs to be loaned out for the rest of the season. But we need a few new strikers to come in.
Old 15th December 2018, 18.15:54   #38-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Really bad conditions - rained throughout with the kop end nearest Mold Road looking the worst part of the pitch.

Strong team put out which was welcome.

Rutherford rightly named MOTM.

Dibble hardly troubled all match - I think we did to Boston what Newport did to us.

Two early goals and we seemed to ease off and drop back inviting them to get a foot in the game - 3rd goal a breakaway with Rutherford running solo on goal and scoring well.

Fondop was often isolated up field by himself with two centre backs marking him - took a fair few knocks and challenges - looks too pedestrian and doesn't seem to chase after much - took his goal well and could have had another late on.

Hardly broke sweat second half - game played out which was a shame.

Centre back pairing of Walker alongside Lawlor looked solid but was hardly pressured.

Attendance just 1,083 with 80 from Boston.

Water pouring in through the roof at the back of the Mold Road stand behind exit gate 6, running down the back wall down steps - plus the driving rain blowing into the stand meant the first 6 rows of seats were soaked - it really was bad - just glad we got through and didn't end up with an abandonment (like others have suffered today).

Through to last 32 and as others have said - next weeks opponents have a tiring replay away to look forward to in mid week whilst Pearson has been rested today and others have another week to recover from their injuries.

Don't recall a yellow card being brandished today - ref Simon Mather did well in trying conditions.
Old 15th December 2018, 18.18:18   #39-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

"as I said previously... the gate money covers the cost of holding the game any money above the costs is sent to the Fa, they use that to provide prize money pot...... so we get the game costs and prize money"

Above posted by Gazwxm on the live match thread , surely can't be correct , means the away teams get nothing for playing.
Some other strange posts including that the break even figure for matches is 4,600 , seems a tad high to me. I'm sure that last season the break even was about an average crowd of 3,300.
Old 15th December 2018, 18.53:59   #40-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

It really was filthy. The main source of debate was always going to be Fondop; he did have a mixed bag of a day but it’s not quite fair to say he scored and that was it. He did really well in the build up to the first, and was pretty good in the air throughout, plus his goal really was excellent work when he had no other options, as he frequently didn’t. His touch isn’t good enough to justify how often he tries to do too much though. He was getting a fair amount of grief for not making something of aimless balls aimed his way too - barely his problem. This isn’t to say he was amazing but if you thought he was awful you’re wrong there too.

Interesting too to hear that some think we “took the foot off the gas”. In all honesty it was good game management in filthy weather and we didn’t give them a sniff of a comeback (whereas we made two or three errors in the first near our goal). It was a job well done.
Old 15th December 2018, 18.55:31   #41-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post
"as I said previously... the gate money covers the cost of holding the game any money above the costs is sent to the Fa, they use that to provide prize money pot...... so we get the game costs and prize money"

Above posted by Gazwxm on the live match thread , surely can't be correct , means the away teams get nothing for playing.
Some other strange posts including that the break even figure for matches is 4,600 , seems a tad high to me. I'm sure that last season the break even was about an average crowd of 3,300.
Buildbase FA Trophy prize fund 2018-19

doesn't take much to search on line for the answer!
Old 15th December 2018, 19.11:02   #42-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Default Re: Boston Verdict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterrobin View Post
Totally disagree. Both he and Holroyd missed their chance to impress. Also thought Fondup was pretty poor. Admit conditions were appalling but very disappointed with second half display.
He was a key part in all 3 goals.thought he played well today.he had his chance in the team and took it well
Old 15th December 2018, 19.23:53   #43-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirral Red View Post

There's a budgeted figure and a break even figure.
Old 15th December 2018, 19.47:02   #44-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Tech End.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz Wxm View Post
Buildbase FA Trophy prize fund 2018-19

doesn't take much to search on line for the answer!
Bit condescending there. No mention of all gate receipts after expenses going to the F.A.
By your logic if we get an away tie and lose e.g. Stockport we wouldn't come away with a penny.
Old 15th December 2018, 19.52:21   #45-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redted View Post
Yep had a good game. He's an intelligent player

The thing with Deverdics this season when he has played he has rarely played 90mins maybe that's his problem he needs games, some are to quick to write player's off here, 2 examples Durrel and the consistent and very loyal one Carrington, I suppose Rutherford comes to mind to.
Posted via mobile theme

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.35:13.