RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Boston (H) Verdict (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113065-boston-h-verdict.html)

Wirral Red 15th December 2018 21.07:39

Re: Boston (H) Verdict

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2207319]condescending or not you clearly haven't read it ......... both teams get £6000... ain't my logic...[/QUOTE]

I had read it before actually but it's only part of the story , see Alteregos post for a fuller explanation as you obviously hadn't been bothered to look beyond the first website you came across , sorry hope I wasn't condescending there.

Lets Av A Riot 15th December 2018 21.17:27

Re: Boston Verdict

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2207322]I never get that. Three nil up, absolutely belting down with rain. If we had 'pushed it' and got a couple more goals but at the risk of injury to the players what would have been the point?

People are mental.[/QUOTE]

we lack that killer instinct to go for goals.. several our todays team are on the bench most of the time or not even that... they needed to get goals to try prove themself as contenders for 1st team start.. in my opinion even thjough game was won early.. they should go for the jugular and score as many as possible.

EnglishRed 15th December 2018 22.09:48

Re: Boston Verdict

[QUOTE=Lets Av A Riot;2207330]we lack that killer instinct to go for goals.. several our todays team are on the bench most of the time or not even that... they needed to get goals to try prove themself as contenders for 1st team start.. in my opinion even thjough game was won early.. they should go for the jugular and score as many as possible.[/QUOTE]

If the conditions had been better maybe we would have done.

With some huge league games coming up and carrying a few injuries I personally wouldn't have risked it with the game already won.

Cenotaff 15th December 2018 23.11:48

[QUOTE=Gaz Wxm;2207319]condescending or not you clearly haven't read it ......... both teams get £6000... ain't my logic...[/QUOTE]

(i) In all matches prior to the Final, the net gate receipts of each match shall be dividedequally between the competing Clubs.

So, despite being condescending, you're seemingly wrong to go with it. Quite why any profits from a game would go to the FA to go towards the competition prize fund when the prize money is set in stone regardless of attendances is anyone's guess. Naturally, it wasn't to be the case because it's illogical.

The prize money for winning the game is £6000, the link you provided says nothing about the profit from gate receipts going to the FA. Why do people make stuff up and try and pass it off as a fact, even more so with a condescending attitude to go with it?!

Maybe you should read it yourself.

Hampshire Red 16th December 2018 01.10:45

[QUOTE=Red Light;2207275]Really bad conditions - rained throughout with the kop end nearest Mold Road looking the worst part of the pitch.

Strong team put out which was welcome.

Rutherford rightly named MOTM.

Dibble hardly troubled all match - I think we did to Boston what Newport did to us.

Two early goals and we seemed to ease off and drop back inviting them to get a foot in the game - 3rd goal a breakaway with Rutherford running solo on goal and scoring well.

Fondop was often isolated up field by himself with two centre backs marking him - took a fair few knocks and challenges - looks too pedestrian and doesn't seem to chase after much - took his goal well and could have had another late on.

Hardly broke sweat second half - game played out which was a shame.

Centre back pairing of Walker alongside Lawlor looked solid but was hardly pressured.

Attendance just 1,083 with 80 from Boston.

Water pouring in through the roof at the back of the Mold Road stand behind exit gate 6, running down the back wall down steps - plus the driving rain blowing into the stand meant the first 6 rows of seats were soaked - it really was bad - just glad we got through and didn't end up with an abandonment (like others have suffered today).

Through to last 32 and as others have said - [B]next weeks opponents have a tiring replay away to look forward to in mid week whilst Pearson has been rested today and others have another week to recover from their injuries.[/B]

Don't recall a yellow card being brandished today - ref Simon Mather did well in trying conditions.[/QUOTE]

The Shots website report says their players were fatigued with them only having two players on the bench. With another game on Tuesday night and a number of players out for a while (including I think Scott Rendell) it looks quite encouraging.

pagl 16th December 2018 05.38:56

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2207311]The thing with Deverdics this season when he has played he has rarely played 90mins maybe that's his problem he needs games, some are to quick to write player's off here, 2 examples Durrel and the consistent and very loyal one Carrington, I suppose Rutherford comes to mind to.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I think a lot of players have been given far too many chances and have failed.
Differences of opinion. I did criticise AM over his use or lack with Durrell and we all know Carra is a valuable squad player but has limitations.

A good manager spots these flaws and replaces them whereas your average and poor managers try to persevere (financially bound) but fail.

I have seen far too much dross in last 5 years that some have said will come good. Well they dont.

pagl 16th December 2018 05.42:06

[QUOTE=Hampshire Red;2207347]The Shots website report says their players were fatigued with them only having two players on the bench. With another game on Tuesday night and a number of players out for a while (including I think Scott Rendell) it looks quite encouraging.[/QUOTE]

Dont under estimate an away game.

Hampshire Red 16th December 2018 10.45:53

[QUOTE=pagl;2207351]Dont under estimate an away game.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry pagl I don't. I've been to too many games at the Rec and seen us turned over. All I'm saying is that on paper the timing is good and today's rumours about Waddock leaving for Bristol Rovers will only increase pressure on the players.

Bigmike 16th December 2018 12.52:31

I was at the game and like many others got very cold and wet. I thought the lads put up a good display in awful conditions. Not that he had much to do, I thought Dibble was efficient. Rutherford was excellent he is like the durcacell bunny. His work rate is amazing. I agree with a previous poster in that Fondop is an enigma. Hopefully the goal (which was well taken) will give his confidence a boost. He has potential and might come good who knows. I feel the way Akil Wright has come on in the last twelve months is amazing. He is so much better on the ball and has obviously worked very hard at his game. Perhaps the same will happen with Fondop. I have read with interest posts claiming that we pass the ball backwards too much. It is all about opinions isn't it. I would far rather the ball go back and we start again rather than boot it forward when there is no pass on and we lose possession. The square pass when it is safe is obviously better than back to the keeper because we keep the ball further up the pitch. However the back pass to the keeper is far less likely to be intercepted so it comes down to a judgement call by the player on the ball. We all have different opinions about players and how the game should be played. It makes life interesting.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.11:39.