RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Boston (H) Verdict (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113065-boston-h-verdict.html)

Colonel D 15th December 2018 16.52:32

Boston (H) Verdict

Sounds like we took our chances early on and another clean sheet.

RED FOREVER 15th December 2018 16.56:44

Re: Boston Verdict

Thought deverdics played well

TaidTom 15th December 2018 16.58:33

[QUOTE=RED FOREVER;2207220]Thought deverdics played well[/QUOTE]

This post's a collector's item.

Wxmspiller 15th December 2018 16.58:44

Re: Boston (H) Verdict

Good confidence boost going into a must win aldershot game next week not bothered at all about this comp but scoring 3 and a clean sheet against any team does u no harm

René Higuita 15th December 2018 16.59:16

i assume it was 3-0?

moynkeepthefaith 15th December 2018 17.00:25

[QUOTE=René Higuita;2207223]i assume it was 3-0?[/QUOTE]

Yes

Hampshire Red 15th December 2018 17.02:39

A comfortable win plus Aldershot conceding a late equaliser against Bedford Town, meaning an extra midweek game for them, sets us up nicely for next weekend. Looking forward to it.

pagl 15th December 2018 17.06:28

Sounds like early goals have put us in charge and we have done a professional job.

Hope the goal can lift Fondop and 1 from Holroyd can lift his game.

Good result.

benwilliams 15th December 2018 17.07:35

[QUOTE=Hampshire Red;2207225]A comfortable win plus Aldershot conceding a late equaliser against Bedford Town, meaning an extra midweek game for them, sets us up nicely for next weekend. Looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

I'll be there, got to be our best chance of beating them there for a while surely with their lowly position and injury crisis?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

percy vere 15th December 2018 17.15:51

Just got home, wettest 90 mins I can ever remember at a game. Another hour and it would have been called off. Took foot off pedal 2nd half

davewilli 15th December 2018 17.16:12

Agree, hopefully we can have a good run in this and use the opportunity to get everyone in the squad at it.

thedischunter96 15th December 2018 17.19:26

Very wet and cold. First half we battered them and the second half took the foot of the pedal.

John Neals Dynasty 15th December 2018 17.20:16

[QUOTE=Hampshire Red;2207225]A comfortable win plus Aldershot conceding a late equaliser against Bedford Town, meaning an extra midweek game for them, sets us up nicely for next weekend. Looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention Salfords game was postponed waterlogged pitch.

thedischunter96 15th December 2018 17.22:07

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2207231]Not to mention Salfords game was postponed waterlogged pitch.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Ours was like that in areas during the second half!

krux 15th December 2018 17.26:39

Good for him.

Means he can have a career in conference north next term

John Neals Dynasty 15th December 2018 17.27:17

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2207232]Ours was like that in areas during the second half![/QUOTE]

Can't say I'm surprised I gave this one a miss pre Xmas break plus a stretch on the finances and Mrs had to be dropped offer for work and picked up... Pleased to see the reports sounds like a good performance from some players needing games.

thedischunter96 15th December 2018 17.29:20

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2207234]Can't say I'm surprised I gave this one a miss pre Xmas break plus a stretch on the finances and Mrs had to be dropped offer for work and picked up... Pleased to see the reports sounds like a good performance from some players needing games.

Holroyd played well as did Deverdics. Fondop still gave the ball away a few times and was a bit lazy in my opinion.

percy vere 15th December 2018 17.35:55

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2207235]Holroyd played well as did Deverdics. Fondop still gave the ball away a few times and was a bit lazy in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

A bit lazy ! That’s like saying the popes a bit catholic

Redted 15th December 2018 17.40:31

Yep had a good game. He's an intelligent player

blackbrookred 15th December 2018 17.44:34

Awful conditions to play in. 3 well taken goals and sat back 2nd half. Fondop finished his goal well but his general play was poor. Deverdics looked calm on the ball but didnt show anything to warrant a league start any time soon.

chesterrobin 15th December 2018 17.46:14

Totally disagree. Both he and Holroyd missed their chance to impress. Also thought Fondup was pretty poor. Admit conditions were appalling but very disappointed with second half display.

Biffogriff 15th December 2018 17.49:05

I thought it was a very professional performance today in very difficult conditions. The sort of game where very simple easy challenges can turn into yellow or red cards.

Redted 15th December 2018 17.53:12

[QUOTE=chesterrobin;2207239]Totally disagree. Both he and Holroyd missed their chance to impress. Also thought Fondup was pretty poor. Admit conditions were appalling but very disappointed with second half display.[/QUOTE]

We managed the game well in the second half in terrible conditions. No cards, no injuries, 3 goals overall, job done!

Hampshire Red 15th December 2018 17.55:28

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2207227]I'll be there, got to be our best chance of beating them there for a while surely with their lowly position and injury crisis?

Absolutely right Ben. Think we won 1-0 there about 3 seasons ago but that's the only win I remember. I still have nightmares about a 6-0 thrashing in a midweek game in the 80s when we had Mike Hooper in goal. I never thought that night he'd end up playing in the top tier.

I see big Gerry scored for Shots today. Let's hope he doesn't take it out on us although Shaun and Jake should keep him quiet.

Hamilton Pathetic 15th December 2018 18.00:40

[QUOTE=pagl;2207226]Sounds like early goals have put us in charge and we have done a professional job.

[B]Hope the goal can lift Fondop[/B] and 1 from Holroyd can lift his game.

Good result.[/QUOTE]

It didn't.

davewilli 15th December 2018 18.06:30

[QUOTE=Biffogriff;2207240]I thought it was a very professional performance today in very difficult conditions. The sort of game where very simple easy challenges can turn into yellow or red cards.[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Boston were never going to make it easy, but we got the job done early. Shame only Sargent of the youngsters got minutes, but GB has explained his thinking.

totesey2 15th December 2018 18.06:53

Thought we were going to score at least 6 but we allowed them to get back in the game, They never looked like scoring, Second half we held back should have added a couple more the weather and conditions were awful a comfortable win in the end. The team never stopped chasing. Rutherford man of the match and deserved it too.

benwilliams 15th December 2018 18.08:19

[QUOTE=Hampshire Red;2207244]Absolutely right Ben. Think we won 1-0 there about 3 seasons ago but that's the only win I remember. I still have nightmares about a 6-0 thrashing in a midweek game in the 80s when we had Mike Hooper in goal. I never thought that night he'd end up playing in the top tier.

I see big Gerry scored for Shots today. Let's hope he doesn't take it out on us although Shaun and Jake should keep him quiet.[/QUOTE]

Yes under Mills I think Jennings got the winner but not much joy over the years. It's one of my closest away games to Horsham so has become somewhat of an annual pilgrimage! Aldershot itself is quite depressing but has a sort of charm and some decent old school pubs!

Ooh aah Paskin 15th December 2018 18.08:20

I'm taking full responsibility for the three goals as all were scored whilst I was out of the room away from the radio!

Prodigal Dragon 15th December 2018 18.12:56

3 good goals in progressively worsening conditions. By the end the pitch was unplayable in a few areas.

Rutherford deserved MOTM, with 2 assists and the best goal of the 3.

Red_Jackoisback 15th December 2018 18.14:41

Just home and bloody frozen. Sorry can’t agree about Deverdixks he had an awful game showing zero class and zero guts - get rid ge isn’t good enough. Holroyd was ineffective and is way past his best. Fondop - same as and sulked a portion of the game - just hasn’t quite got it at this level.

Other than these three a good performance in awful conditions . Rutherford nailed on MOM.

How many games Taylor suspended? JMD, Pyke and Roberts out for long?

Surluad looking a bit thin going onto the christmas fixtures!!

northwalian dragon 15th December 2018 18.15:56

Rutherford was everywhere and ran the show on his own. Put the assist on a plate for Holroyd and a great finish for his goal, deserved man of the match

Holroyd, Deverdics, Fondop and Akil all less than impressive

dagg 15th December 2018 18.23:20

[QUOTE=percy vere;2207228]Just got home, wettest 90 mins I can ever remember at a game. Another hour and it would have been called off. Took foot off pedal 2nd half[/QUOTE]

Second half, just a bit of standing water especially the kop end.

Also has Fondop got a new dance routine? that run in the second half was brilliant.

Hamilton Pathetic 15th December 2018 18.34:06

The last time against Boston, I went home at half time, this time I stayed for the whole match, I made the wrong decision twice. Cold and wet, just warming up now.

P.S. Jennings had a stinker.

Prodigal Dragon 15th December 2018 18.38:25

[QUOTE=Hamilton Pathetic;2207262]The last time against Boston, I went home at half time, this time I stayed for the whole match, I made the wrong decision twice. Cold and wet, just warming up now.

P.S. Jennings had a stinker.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Having praised him last Saturday, I have to agree. Saw little from F-T, Deverdics and Holroyd to suggest they are good enough for a promotion push.

But the conditions were awful!

pagl 15th December 2018 18.47:19

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2207264]Yup. Having praised him last Saturday, I have to agree. Saw little from F-T, Deverdics and Holroyd to suggest they are good enough for a promotion push.

But the conditions were awful![/QUOTE]

1 game against a conference north side isn’t really going to change them as players or the lack of quality they provide to the squad.

Lets hope Barrow knows and convinces the new manager to clear them out.
I did think Fondop might work out but sounds like he is an ego that cannot be tamed.

Prodigal Dragon 15th December 2018 18.55:02

[QUOTE=pagl;2207266]1 game against a conference north side isn’t really going to change them as players or the lack of quality they provide to the squad.

Lets hope Barrow knows and convinces the new manager to clear them out.
I did think Fondop might work out but sounds like he is an ego that cannot be tamed.[/QUOTE]

F-T has age on his side, but I think he needs to be loaned out for the rest of the season. But we need a few new strikers to come in.

Red Light 15th December 2018 19.15:54

Really bad conditions - rained throughout with the kop end nearest Mold Road looking the worst part of the pitch.

Strong team put out which was welcome.

Rutherford rightly named MOTM.

Dibble hardly troubled all match - I think we did to Boston what Newport did to us.

Two early goals and we seemed to ease off and drop back inviting them to get a foot in the game - 3rd goal a breakaway with Rutherford running solo on goal and scoring well.

Fondop was often isolated up field by himself with two centre backs marking him - took a fair few knocks and challenges - looks too pedestrian and doesn't seem to chase after much - took his goal well and could have had another late on.

Hardly broke sweat second half - game played out which was a shame.

Centre back pairing of Walker alongside Lawlor looked solid but was hardly pressured.

Attendance just 1,083 with 80 from Boston.

Water pouring in through the roof at the back of the Mold Road stand behind exit gate 6, running down the back wall down steps - plus the driving rain blowing into the stand meant the first 6 rows of seats were soaked - it really was bad - just glad we got through and didn't end up with an abandonment (like others have suffered today).

Through to last 32 and as others have said - next weeks opponents have a tiring replay away to look forward to in mid week whilst Pearson has been rested today and others have another week to recover from their injuries.

Don't recall a yellow card being brandished today - ref Simon Mather did well in trying conditions.

Wirral Red 15th December 2018 19.18:18

"as I said previously... the gate money covers the cost of holding the game any money above the costs is sent to the Fa, they use that to provide prize money pot...... so we get the game costs and prize money"

Above posted by Gazwxm on the live match thread , surely can't be correct , means the away teams get nothing for playing.
Some other strange posts including that the break even figure for matches is 4,600 , seems a tad high to me. I'm sure that last season the break even was about an average crowd of 3,300.

Junior Shabadoo 15th December 2018 19.53:59

It really was filthy. The main source of debate was always going to be Fondop; he did have a mixed bag of a day but it’s not quite fair to say he scored and that was it. He did really well in the build up to the first, and was pretty good in the air throughout, plus his goal really was excellent work when he had no other options, as he frequently didn’t. His touch isn’t good enough to justify how often he tries to do too much though. He was getting a fair amount of grief for not making something of aimless balls aimed his way too - barely his problem. This isn’t to say he was amazing but if you thought he was awful you’re wrong there too.

Interesting too to hear that some think we “took the foot off the gas”. In all honesty it was good game management in filthy weather and we didn’t give them a sniff of a comeback (whereas we made two or three errors in the first near our goal). It was a job well done.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.29:14.