RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Stadium work (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113087-stadium-work.html)

pagl 19th December 2018 08.56:59

Stadium work

What is all this stadium work that is going on at the ground?

In the page 6 leader article today then Sleeping Giant Dies states there is a lot of stadium work going on at the moment. I know we are working on disabled platforms and the Xmas raffle is towards it but what other work is detracting from the playing budget?

Any ideas?

fezbob 19th December 2018 09.04:52

Re: Stadium work

The latest WST board minutes mention something about taking the exec boxes out of the Mold Road Stand and replacing them with one large room for a hundred odd people.

Inside Left 19th December 2018 09.09:01

I think there has been an ongoing work programme at The Racecourse since WST took over. One has to remember that little was done by the previous owners other than the Ruthin mans attitude suite which seemed an ill thought out vanity project, which to be fair, kept the 'local' builders busy.
Perhaps communications could be better to inform fans about the steady progress like floor treatment in MRS, Floodlight improvement etc etc .
Add to that - a considerable amount of money has been invested on the Nine Acre since the licence was agreed.

RED2309 19th December 2018 09.43:58

Maybe putting some guttering up in the MRS to divert the torrent of water flowing there last Saturday!:44::44::44:

Red_Jackoisback 19th December 2018 09.53:25

Is it just me or us the MRS floor more slippery now than before the anti slip surface was applied!!

Corner Flag 19th December 2018 09.53:34

[QUOTE=fezbob;2208866]The latest WST board minutes mention something about taking the exec boxes out of the Mold Road Stand and replacing them with one large room for a hundred odd people.[/QUOTE]

Can't see that happening as one is used by disabled people

Corner Flag 19th December 2018 09.55:30

[QUOTE=Inside Left;2208870]I think there has been an ongoing work programme at The Racecourse since WST took over. One has to remember that little was done by the previous owners other than the Ruthin mans attitude suite which seemed an ill thought out vanity project, which to be fair, kept the 'local' builders busy.
Perhaps communications could be better to inform fans about the steady progress like floor treatment in MRS, Floodlight improvement etc etc .
Add to that - a considerable amount of money has been invested on the Nine Acre since the licence was agreed.[/QUOTE]

Money spent on the 9 acre going what precisely ? I know it needed seeding and dressing but what else ?

dagg 19th December 2018 09.57:43

[QUOTE=Red_Jackoisback;2208895]Is it just me or us the MRS floor more slippery now than before the anti slip surface was applied!![/QUOTE]

Yes I've noticed that as well, especially in the concourse.

Inside Left 19th December 2018 10.17:26

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2208897]Money spent on the 9 acre going what precisely ? I know it needed seeding and dressing but what else ?[/QUOTE]

When it was taken over a small car park and fencing had to be set aside where the nets used to be. From my observations a good deal of time and material was used to improve the surface /drainage. Not a vast amount but all these jobs cost money and time. The club were lucky that one director did help out with much of the work.
The point I was making is that the club was being criticised. Supporters have to expect ongoing improvements to both the stadium and training ground and it all costs money - just like any other business.
Part of the criticism seemed to be the level of communication, i.e. telling the fans whats on the go, future plans etc Perhaps it is an area for improvement.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.23:09.