Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th December 2018, 12.03:05   #19-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Tame media questions at interview/conferences

When is the next WST meeting? That is always a good opportunity to ask pertinent questions.

We are talking about the Leader, not the Washington Post.
Old 20th December 2018, 12.04:23   #20-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
Yawn, we've had this debate before many times. The coverage of Wrexham is no different to any club covered by the local and not the national press. The local press cannot afford to antagonise businesses in the area and the majority of their readership just want to read the club news in an anodyne form.

If you want answers to these questions go to the Club's AGM or one of the many supporter's clubs' 'Meet the Manager' sessions and ask them for yourself. Funny this never happens, only behind a keyboard do people find their voice.
Mostly correct, but fans have stood up and asked awkward questions. They are either ignored, the answer given does not answer the question asked, or it's the same PR bull which is given to the press.

The answer to why GB was suddenly elevated to manager is fairly obvious, and to ask the question directly would just embarrass those we really should be supporting.
Old 20th December 2018, 12.05:08   #21-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Jackoisback View Post
Red Passion gold - let’s control the free press!!!!!
Let's ask more of the free press
Old 20th December 2018, 12.06:52   #22-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
Yawn, we've had this debate before many times. The coverage of Wrexham is no different to any club covered by the local and not the national press. The local press cannot afford to antagonise businesses in the area and the majority of their readership just want to read the club news in an anodyne form.

If you want answers to these questions go to the Club's AGM or one of the many supporter's clubs' 'Meet the Manager' sessions and ask them for yourself. Funny this never happens, only behind a keyboard do people find their voice.
Firstly I cannot go to the AGM's or any other get togethers as i dont live in the UK. Secondly i touched on this in my opening post about reluctance to rock the boat, which i understand, but i would be disappointed if our so called community friendly club shut up shop to the local paper for asking mildly probing questions.

The example question i gave about querying 2.5 year assistant contract upgrading to manager in the space of a few days, is a perfectly reasonable question, and if that type of question irked the directors, then that would be worrisome.
I am not asking these journalists to be confrontational or aggresive, but simply to ask a question or two that is on the minds of the supporters.
Old 20th December 2018, 12.07:18   #23-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

I look forward to the meet the manager night where the management team and board will be subjected to probing open questions from the floor .......
Old 20th December 2018, 12.12:15   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
You don't get to stay in the same cushy job as long as Rich Williams has by asking tough questions.

Essentially a lot of people buy the Leader just for the football coverage so they probably don't want to agonise the club.

It's wrong and it's certainly not what I'd call journalism but until someone shows some balls it will never change.
If we go back to the times of Moss/Dickens/Gutterman/Hamilton etc they would not print the real truth because they were worried about being banned from the ground.We even had the chap from the daily post who agreed with Hamilton to move us from our Racecourse ground.It summed it up when I sat in the yale stand for the Gateshead protest game and some older fans were talking about how geoff moss was going to stop paying wages and how much money he had put into the club,the protest started and they were not happy when myself and a couple others applauded I actually felt if I had done something wrong,I guess many did not have the internet and just bought the leader for Wrexham fc coverage and did not realise the Leader just printed Hamilton/Moss lies.It makes me laugh when I see the Leader all pro Wrexham fc the first thing I would have done was banned them from the racecourse but we are a forgiving fans as we still keep the paper alive and DIckens car business is still selling thousands of cars each year to the Wrexham public.
Old 20th December 2018, 12.16:22   #25-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinman View Post
let it be, Phil!
Words of wisdom
Old 20th December 2018, 12.18:54   #26-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz Wxm View Post
I look forward to the meet the manager night where the management team and board will be subjected to probing open questions from the floor .......
Better still ask a professional Journalist who has access to these people on a weekly basis to do it? on behalf of people who don't live in the area or even in the UK like myself

I do accept the limitations of what a local paper can do, and wants to do, but if we are saying that means we cannot expect questions to be asked that might be slightly uncomfortable even if relevant, i think thats a sad state of affairs.
Old 20th December 2018, 12.20:08   #27-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
You might find that journalists who write articles that criticise a club, its managers, and players, are very limited to the number of clubs about which they are able to write.

As others have already said, who in their right mind would ask a controversial question or make a scathing remark if they were likely to be banned by the club as a result, and their livelihood depended on information involving that club?

In the real world, much of the information that we read in the press is generated by press releases, written by the businesses/organisations that are the subject of those releases, and fed to the media when publicity is wanted.

Not all journalists can afford to be keyboard warriors like some RP contributors...
I’m stunned that anyone thinks we’d ban journalists who asked awkward questions. I can understand this being an issue in the Hamilton and Moss eras, but surely the current board aren’t quite so sensitive?!
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 02.17:25.