RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113098-january-2018-transfer-rumours-made-up-stories.html)

Sean Reckless 28th January 2019 11.23:13

Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

[QUOTE=Quay
Don't know if this is still operating post SR but hope it is as we need all the help we can get to regain L2 status.
I believe there were 4 areas covered under the chief scout.[/QUOTE]

From scout on Twitter
All work on Boreham Wood nearly complete, clips of goals for and against just need collating. Tomorrow starts a week on Dag-Red culminating in last look at them on Saturday at Maidenhead Utd. Wrexham put alot of work in to ALL areas and aspects of prep for each game. #coywrexham

EnglishRed 28th January 2019 11.26:34

[QUOTE=redone;2224577]thanks for that input:hurray:[/QUOTE]

Oh the irony.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 28th January 2019 17.00:37

[QUOTE=Redrobinman;2224573]I don’t follow the Welsh Prem, or any other league structure within Wales, so I would be genuinely interested to know which talent you feel that we have missed out on.

The only one that springs to my mind immediately is Quigley, and he hasn’t set any records.[/QUOTE]

Ryan Hedges, plays for Barnsley and is a Welsh international.

Tom Bradshaw, at Barnsley on loan at Millwall and is another Welsh international.

Christian Doidge, at Forest Green Rovers, did have a loan spell at Bolton with the view to buy last season.

Rhys Healey, at Cardiff City and now out on loan at Milton Keynes Dons, been an injury hit career so far for him.

Dion Donohue, at Portsmouth with Championship clubs interested.

Craig Jones, 6 seasons at League 1 Bury, now back in the WPL.

Alex Samuel, at Wycombe Wanderers.

Kaid Mohamed, played for many conference and league 2 sides.

Nathan Craig, had a decent stint at Torquay United, happy playing for Caernarfon Town due to similar circumstances to Mark Jones.

Sam Finley, at Accrington Stanley of course played for us on loan.

Jason Oswell, currently with us, although years too late in my opinion.

Jake Cassidy, at Hartlepool United.

Ryan Williams, Tranmere Rovers.

More names to add who are escaping me, who play in in the national League and League's above.

All players in the WPL during our time in non league, the talent is there, we simply don't tap into it. Only Quigley and Finley due to Darlington's TNS connections.

EnglishRed 28th January 2019 17.24:05

Wasn't Kaid Mohammed going to come here at some point? Or we looked at him anyway?

It's a fair point.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 28th January 2019 17.26:12

Connell Rawlinson, moved to Port Vale during the summer.

andyjack 28th January 2019 17.29:41

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2224668]Wasn't Kaid Mohammed going to come here at some point? Or we looked at him anyway?

It's a fair point.[/QUOTE]

Was on trial did well was about to sign and then Swindon came in for him

LlayDragon 28th January 2019 17.30:37

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2224668]Wasn't Kaid Mohammed going to come here at some point? Or we looked at him anyway?

We took him on a pre-season tour; but Carey fannied around and he went somewhere else

jacthelad 28th January 2019 17.30:42

If i remember correctly he played in a pre season friendly and scored. Got a feeling we then took an age to do anything so he signed for someone else
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

RemovedUser 28th January 2019 18.56:00

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2224665]Ryan Hedges, plays for Barnsley and is a Welsh international.

Tom Bradshaw, at Barnsley on loan at Millwall and is another Welsh international.

Christian Doidge, at Forest Green Rovers, did have a loan spell at Bolton with the view to buy last season.

Rhys Healey, at Cardiff City and now out on loan at Milton Keynes Dons, been an injury hit career so far for him.

Dion Donohue, at Portsmouth with Championship clubs interested.

Craig Jones, 6 seasons at League 1 Bury, now back in the WPL.

Alex Samuel, at Wycombe Wanderers.

Kaid Mohamed, played for many conference and league 2 sides.

Nathan Craig, had a decent stint at Torquay United, happy playing for Caernarfon Town due to similar circumstances to Mark Jones.

Sam Finley, at Accrington Stanley of course played for us on loan.

Jason Oswell, currently with us, although years too late in my opinion.

Jake Cassidy, at Hartlepool United.

Ryan Williams, Tranmere Rovers.

More names to add who are escaping me, who play in in the national League and League's above.

All players in the WPL during our time in non league, the talent is there, we simply don't tap into it. Only Quigley and Finley due to Darlington's TNS connections.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.
Whilst it is a fairly lenghy list, I’m sure no one would have expected us, above any other Club, to have signed all of those players?
We did have Finlay and perhaps should have kept him.
Quigley on loan was good at first (a la Fondop), but nothing special imho.
Mohammed came to us at the wrong time, the Club was a proper basket case at that time.
Now we have Oswell.....let’s hope he’s a success, time will tell.

We could not have expected to get our hands on those playing 2 or more levels above us, could we?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.17:12.