Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham



Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd January 2019, 15.39:04   #511-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
louisleftboot's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand
Real Name:





Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexhamforever16 View Post
Well if you think So, then we better all give up hope.
Or sign a realistic target? Rowe is not a realistic target as mentioned on RP 100s of times before.
__________________
Quote:
Also, recently at games Wrex has ignored children and stood talking with a 'couldn't care less attitude
Old 2nd January 2019, 15.43:14   #512-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
TaidTom's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand
Real Name: John Rowlands
Twitter: @





Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
We havenít made a bid for him. What a waste of time if we have.
How do you know we haven't made a bid for Rowe? We're throwing loads of names around because it's part of the fun, but you seem quite sure about this.
Old 2nd January 2019, 15.47:38   #513-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
louisleftboot's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand
Real Name:





Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
How do you know we haven't made a bid for Rowe? We're throwing loads of names around because it's part of the fun, but you seem quite sure about this.
Because I have a brain and understand that real football isn’t like Football Manager. It’s not fun seeing people get over excited about a very unrealistic thing happening.
__________________
Quote:
Also, recently at games Wrex has ignored children and stood talking with a 'couldn't care less attitude
Old 2nd January 2019, 15.55:26   #514-0 (permalink)
Legend
 
TaidTom's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand
Real Name: John Rowlands
Twitter: @





Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Because I have a brain and understand that real football isnít like Football Manager. Itís not fun seeing people get over excited about a very unrealistic thing happening.
Over excited? You are joking? Most are being totally cynical and patronising about it. At the end of the day, what is said on here won't have any bearing on what happens. Lighten up and see the thread for what it is.
Old 2nd January 2019, 15.58:20   #515-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Or sign a realistic target? Rowe is not a realistic target as mentioned on RP 100s of times before.
Why isn't he realistic?

Because you think we won't pay the money for him?

I don't know either way, but he is exactly the player we should be going in for.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.08:04   #516-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
louisleftboot's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand
Real Name:





Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Why isn't he realistic?

Because you think we won't pay the money for him?

I don't know either way, but he is exactly the player we should be going in for.
Yes he is a great player.

Are we going to pay a big fee? His has pretty much 18 months on his deal. They rejected 175k in the summer. Fylde have pretty much the same chance of going up as us. He can easily get league football in the summer if they donít go up. Crazy as it sounds, he may even feel loyalty to Fylde (!). Weíre Wrexham we donít sign people like this. Weíre not going to stump up 150k+ (rightly or wrongly).

Why would he sign for us? Iím yet to see a convincing argument. Throw Salford cash at him? That isnít us.
__________________
Quote:
Also, recently at games Wrex has ignored children and stood talking with a 'couldn't care less attitude
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.09:47   #517-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit
 
louisleftboot's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand
Real Name:





Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
Over excited? You are joking? Most are being totally cynical and patronising about it. At the end of the day, what is said on here won't have any bearing on what happens. Lighten up and see the thread for what it is.
Sorry, take it back, Iíve just seen Rowe at Jonesís chippy in town.
__________________
Quote:
Also, recently at games Wrex has ignored children and stood talking with a 'couldn't care less attitude
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.16:01   #518-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial
 
Haruki's Avatar

 
Racecourse Spot: GUS
Real Name: Doug
Twitter: @





Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Why isn't he realistic?

Because you think we won't pay the money for him?

I don't know either way, but he is exactly the player we should be going in for.
Reasons why i think Rowe will not be coming to us
- While we can probably make a decent bid I think Fylde will want a huge bid to even think about it
- Fylde wont want to sell him as he is their main (only?) hope of promotion
- Even if Fylde would consider offers for Rowe they are very unlikely to sell to a direct rival
- Even if Fylde would consider offers and would consider a direct rival i have no doubt he would excite the deep pockets of Salford
- If Rowe was available then he would have to view Wrexham as a better chance of promotion than Fylde
- Rowe is out of contract in the summer and available on a free transfer where more clubs will be shopping for strikers
- Rowe is out of contract in the summer and available on a free transfer meaning he can command higher wages and/or signing on fee if he waits until May

While i don't mind a cheeky bid, i hope to God he isn't our only target and we are also working on other strikers as Rowe really wont come off
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.19:11   #519-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager
 
Phils-an-alki's Avatar


(info 1 & 2)


(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Yes he is a great player.

Are we going to pay a big fee? His has pretty much 18 months on his deal. They rejected 175k in the summer. Fylde have pretty much the same chance of going up as us. He can easily get league football in the summer if they donít go up. Crazy as it sounds, he may even feel loyalty to Fylde (!). Weíre Wrexham we donít sign people like this. Weíre not going to stump up 150k+ (rightly or wrongly).

Why would he sign for us? Iím yet to see a convincing argument. Throw Salford cash at him? That isnít us.
Thats a depressing read. Although we're probably in the healthiest position financially now that the club has been in god knows how many years. So things like this may change sooner than we expect.

I think we're a bigger pull than Fylde and you could argue why would he want to stay there.
__________________
Wrexham FC fan not a WST fan.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.24:48   #520-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges
 
LlayDragon's Avatar




(info)
 
Racecourse Spot:
Real Name:
Twitter: @





Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Reasons why i think Rowe will not be coming to us
- While we can probably make a decent bid I think Fylde will want a huge bid to even think about it
- Fylde wont want to sell him as he is their main (only?) hope of promotion
- Even if Fylde would consider offers for Rowe they are very unlikely to sell to a direct rival
- Even if Fylde would consider offers and would consider a direct rival i have no doubt he would excite the deep pockets of Salford
- If Rowe was available then he would have to view Wrexham as a better chance of promotion than Fylde
- Rowe is out of contract in the summer and available on a free transfer where more clubs will be shopping for strikers
- Rowe is out of contract in the summer and available on a free transfer meaning he can command higher wages and/or signing on fee if he waits until May

While i don't mind a cheeky bid, i hope to God he isn't our only target and we are also working on other strikers as Rowe really wont come off
Fylde may sell Rowe; but as you say for a high fee and to a league side.

That way they get cash in for another good striker and they don't have to worry about Rowe influencing promotion for a rival.
__________________
All hail the mad banana!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List



Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.


Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark



All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.45:50.
Powered by vBulletinģ & Wrex the Dragons fiery breath

RedPassion.co.uk : World Famous in Wrexham



SEO by vBSEO 3.3.0 ©2009, Crawlability, Inc.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12