Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.30:23   #521-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Reasons why i think Rowe will not be coming to us
- While we can probably make a decent bid I think Fylde will want a huge bid to even think about it
- Fylde wont want to sell him as he is their main (only?) hope of promotion
- Even if Fylde would consider offers for Rowe they are very unlikely to sell to a direct rival
- Even if Fylde would consider offers and would consider a direct rival i have no doubt he would excite the deep pockets of Salford
- If Rowe was available then he would have to view Wrexham as a better chance of promotion than Fylde
- Rowe is out of contract in the summer and available on a free transfer where more clubs will be shopping for strikers
- Rowe is out of contract in the summer and available on a free transfer meaning he can command higher wages and/or signing on fee if he waits until May

While i don't mind a cheeky bid, i hope to God he isn't our only target and we are also working on other strikers as Rowe really wont come off
All good points and I also feel that he may not be on GBs radar for a variety of reasons including the ones you have highlighted. If anyone is going to lure him away then its more likely to be Salford given their spending power and also potential to be promoted in the next 2 seasons giving him his football dream.

Whilst I would like Rowe I think there are far more realistic targets out there that would improve us. I also think that we need 2 or 3 more creative players to fit into the team to allow any CF to score goals.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.38:09   #522-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Jmd officially signed for orient
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.44:54   #523-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn Tirion View Post
Oswell was an unused sub on Saturday for team who are 20th in league 2. Morecombe are even worse than Port Vale where Quigley wasn’t getting a game.

Surely Barrow has his sights on better players than these 2.
Surely strikers who cant get a game in the league above are the ones we should be looking for?

Qe wouldn't be in with a chance of getting them if they were starting.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.48:43   #524-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
Why? It shows we admire him as a player and would love to see him in a Wrexham shirt.

Who knows what his contract/mindset is. If we trigger the release cause, if he respects Barrow and would love to work with him again, if he wants to play in front of decent crowds rather than one man and his dog, if he wants to put himself on a bigger stage. If, if, if. However, you just never know.

Admiring him will not pay the possible £650,000 it would cost us over 30 months to pay wages and a transfer fee.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.51:15   #525-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybersham View Post
Admiring him will not pay the possible £650,000 it would cost us over 30 months to pay wages and a transfer fee.
Where's the 650k and 30 months come from? Or are you making up those numbers?
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.53:21   #526-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlayDragon View Post
Fylde may sell Rowe; but as you say for a high fee and to a league side.

That way they get cash in for another good striker and they don't have to worry about Rowe influencing promotion for a rival.
I've got little idea about these things, but if we trigger the release clause and Rowe wants to join us, can Fylde stop him?
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.55:25   #527-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
I've got little idea about these things, but if we trigger the release clause and Rowe wants to join us, can Fylde stop him?
That's assuming there is any clause in his contract. There was no mention of one over the summer when they turned down bids.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.57:51   #528-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyored View Post
That's assuming there is any clause in his contract. There was no mention of one over the summer when they turned down bids.

True. At the end of the day, Fylde can only turn down our bid. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.58:04   #529-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Not Set Click To Change

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Where's the 650k and 30 months come from? Or are you making up those numbers?
Afc Flyde turned down a fee of £175,000 four months ago,so being realistic we would need to be near £300,000 fee then wages of £2500 pound a week,he could earn a lot more in the league another reason why he will not be joining.Have a think about the facts!!
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.59:16   #530-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Quote:
True. At the end of the day, Fylde can only turn down our bid. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Let’s bid for Salah, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.49:48.