Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th January 2019, 07.37:28   #811-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @

Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Whilst league 1 football would be attractive Walker also has to consider where he'll be happiest and produce his best form. By all accounts his form dipped at Crewe due to being unhappy and he clearly loves it here so that might swing it if he's sensible and sees we are on the up.

I will say though if we miss out on him but have £50k to spend on a midfielder I'd like to thing we'd find someone ad good.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 4th January 2019, 07.39:22   #812-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Whilst league 1 football would be attractive Walker also has to consider where he'll be happiest and produce his best form. By all accounts his form dipped at Crewe due to being unhappy and he clearly loves it here so that might swing it if he's sensible and sees we are on the up.

I will say though if we miss out on him but have £50k to spend on a midfielder I'd like to thing we'd find someone ad good.
Posted via mobile theme
Agreed - I just feel its better the devil we know , and I believe this is also GB's view. Honestly I would rather go up a bit for someone who is already molded into the side/dressing room than gamble on another player.
Old 4th January 2019, 07.49:20   #813-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post

Posted via mobile theme
True but I would say Walker is settled here now and knows the squad. If he goes it could derail our season. Going out and getting another midfielder and getting them settled into the squad will take time.

50K for Walker I would say would be money well spent. It down to him though does he want first team football which he will get here plus the experience of a possible title challenge. Will he get that at Shrewsbury?
Old 4th January 2019, 08.09:31   #814-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Walker has been excellent but £50k, plus a signing on fee, plus no doubt very good wages, is a lot to spend on a player at this level. That amount of money could buy us a very good striker.
Old 4th January 2019, 08.17:35   #815-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Walker has been excellent but £50k, plus a signing on fee, plus no doubt very good wages, is a lot to spend on a player at this level. That amount of money could buy us a very good striker.
But factor in the money we have made over Christmas alone on gate receipts and raffle tickets alone and 50k is easily achievable, Walker could be a potential investment in 18 months time we could sell him for 150k so it’s a deal which should be done. It’s a far more sensible deal than giving Akil Wright a 3 year deal when that was done.
Old 4th January 2019, 08.18:08   #816-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Sweeney View Post
Plus a few other players at this level.
Old 4th January 2019, 08.23:41   #817-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

(info)

Racecourse Spot: M.R.S.

I would like Walker to stay but I doubt it is just about paying what ever crewe want and walking away with walker in a shopping bag. Crewe know we have the money and if the figures being bandied about are correct he would be worth it. If we pay a fee we need to tie hm down for a longer period so it would be reasonable for walker to want the best personal deal he can get, sr may be able to offer more wages or better conditions. Lots was said when sr left about how he was with players, so for me this could be an indication as what he was actually like ... if he was as bad as some claim surely walker won't want to go anywhere near him..... if he chooses to leave, we all knew this was a possibility when he joined for 6 months, I don't think we will implode as I am sure other options will be looked at. ... sooner we know the more time we will have to deal with it .... the longer this takes the more the stunt at the boar riles me though!!!
Old 4th January 2019, 08.27:25   #818-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Lets be honest if the slops come in for him he'll be gone. League 1 football and most likely more money.
Old 4th January 2019, 08.29:48   #819-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Lets be honest if the slops come in for him he'll be gone. League 1 football and most likely more money.
Lets hope walker thinks this through if that's the case. Potentially next season he could be in League 2 with either team. IF the Slops go down I doubt the snake will be there.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.02:39.