Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd January 2019, 15.55:26   #514-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Moan Rd Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: January 2018 Transfer rumours and made up stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisleftboot View Post
Because I have a brain and understand that real football isn’t like Football Manager. It’s not fun seeing people get over excited about a very unrealistic thing happening.
Over excited? You are joking? Most are being totally cynical and patronising about it. At the end of the day, what is said on here won't have any bearing on what happens. Lighten up and see the thread for what it is.
Old 2nd January 2019, 15.58:20   #515-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Or sign a realistic target? Rowe is not a realistic target as mentioned on RP 100s of times before.
Why isn't he realistic?

Because you think we won't pay the money for him?

I don't know either way, but he is exactly the player we should be going in for.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.08:04   #516-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Why isn't he realistic?

I don't know either way, but he is exactly the player we should be going in for.
Yes he is a great player.

Are we going to pay a big fee? His has pretty much 18 months on his deal. They rejected 175k in the summer. Fylde have pretty much the same chance of going up as us. He can easily get league football in the summer if they don’t go up. Crazy as it sounds, he may even feel loyalty to Fylde (!). We’re Wrexham we don’t sign people like this. We’re not going to stump up 150k+ (rightly or wrongly).

Why would he sign for us? I’m yet to see a convincing argument. Throw Salford cash at him? That isn’t us.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.09:47   #517-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaidTom View Post
Over excited? You are joking? Most are being totally cynical and patronising about it. At the end of the day, what is said on here won't have any bearing on what happens. Lighten up and see the thread for what it is.
Sorry, take it back, I’ve just seen Rowe at Jones’s chippy in town.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.16:01   #518-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Why isn't he realistic?

Reasons why i think Rowe will not be coming to us
- While we can probably make a decent bid I think Fylde will want a huge bid to even think about it
- Fylde wont want to sell him as he is their main (only?) hope of promotion
- Even if Fylde would consider offers for Rowe they are very unlikely to sell to a direct rival
- Even if Fylde would consider offers and would consider a direct rival i have no doubt he would excite the deep pockets of Salford
- If Rowe was available then he would have to view Wrexham as a better chance of promotion than Fylde
- Rowe is out of contract in the summer and available on a free transfer where more clubs will be shopping for strikers
- Rowe is out of contract in the summer and available on a free transfer meaning he can command higher wages and/or signing on fee if he waits until May

While i don't mind a cheeky bid, i hope to God he isn't our only target and we are also working on other strikers as Rowe really wont come off
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.19:11   #519-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Yes he is a great player.

Are we going to pay a big fee? His has pretty much 18 months on his deal. They rejected 175k in the summer. Fylde have pretty much the same chance of going up as us. He can easily get league football in the summer if they don’t go up. Crazy as it sounds, he may even feel loyalty to Fylde (!). We’re Wrexham we don’t sign people like this. We’re not going to stump up 150k+ (rightly or wrongly).

Why would he sign for us? I’m yet to see a convincing argument. Throw Salford cash at him? That isn’t us.
Thats a depressing read. Although we're probably in the healthiest position financially now that the club has been in god knows how many years. So things like this may change sooner than we expect.

I think we're a bigger pull than Fylde and you could argue why would he want to stay there.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.24:48   #520-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
- While we can probably make a decent bid I think Fylde will want a huge bid to even think about it
- Even if Fylde would consider offers for Rowe they are very unlikely to sell to a direct rival
- Even if Fylde would consider offers and would consider a direct rival i have no doubt he would excite the deep pockets of Salford
- If Rowe was available then he would have to view Wrexham as a better chance of promotion than Fylde
- Rowe is out of contract in the summer and available on a free transfer where more clubs will be shopping for strikers
- Rowe is out of contract in the summer and available on a free transfer meaning he can command higher wages and/or signing on fee if he waits until May

While i don't mind a cheeky bid, i hope to God he isn't our only target and we are also working on other strikers as Rowe really wont come off
Fylde may sell Rowe; but as you say for a high fee and to a league side.

That way they get cash in for another good striker and they don't have to worry about Rowe influencing promotion for a rival.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.30:23   #521-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post

All good points and I also feel that he may not be on GBs radar for a variety of reasons including the ones you have highlighted. If anyone is going to lure him away then its more likely to be Salford given their spending power and also potential to be promoted in the next 2 seasons giving him his football dream.

Whilst I would like Rowe I think there are far more realistic targets out there that would improve us. I also think that we need 2 or 3 more creative players to fit into the team to allow any CF to score goals.
Old 2nd January 2019, 16.38:09   #522-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Jmd officially signed for orient

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.18:07.