RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   How do we score more goals over xmas ? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113115-how-do-we-score-more-goals-over-xmas.html)

Red Light 23rd December 2018 13.10:47

How do we score more goals over xmas ?

For discussion - we can't change the personnel we have so ~

How will we score goals over xmas ?

Goals win football matches - but what can GB do to increase our goals for ratio ?

What would you do if you were in his shoes for our next 3 big matches against our fellow title challengers ?

Facts.

We have the 5th best goal difference in the league.

Yet we have only scored 30 goals in 24 league games.

We are the lowest goal scoring team in the top 8.

We have conceded less goals than any other team in the league.

Which forward line would you start with taking into account the three games in a short time and possible rotation ?

And which formation would you want to play ?
4 - 3 - 3 / 4 - 4 - 2 / 4 - 5 - 1 or some other formation ?

Assuming all players are fit which players would you select for the forward line from a pool of :

Beavon
JMD
Grant
Fondop
Holroyd
Rutherford
Tollitt
Grant

OneLoveWrexham 23rd December 2018 13.16:47

Re: How do we score more goals over xmas ?

I am a 4-3-3 guy but that isn’t as effective when the full backs do t get over the half way line, I also like 3-5-2/5-3-2 but that’ll make Tollitt redundant really. As PD has said on another thread Akil could play on right wing back but I do give Rutherford a bit of stick but he could easily play wing back.

4-3-3 I’d go with a front 3 or Tollitt, JMD and Fondop(even though he’s been dreadful recently)
3-5-2/5-3-2 I’d go Fondop and Holroyd

Colonel D 23rd December 2018 13.18:20

Don't like fancy formations like 4-1-4-1 or diamonds , so keep it simple with 4-3-3.
Midfield Rutherford , Summerfield and Walker with Beavon , Grant and Tollit up front.

pagl 23rd December 2018 13.20:11

Hit the F target more often.
Practice, practice, practice in training - make it second nature to hit the target.

Play the ball across the 6 yard box instead of all this namby, pamby chipping it in the air shite.

GB also needs to mix it up more. Give Fondop some minutes in these 3 games and if he fails then fk him off on loan in January.

benwilliams 23rd December 2018 13.20:41

I'd try 442, Tollit and Rutherford as out and out wingers with Fondop up front with Beavon or Grant playing off him. I'd have Summerfield and young as the midfield 2 at home and then swap young with Walker so we can be more solid away.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

davewilli 23rd December 2018 13.23:07

All planning will be to win these games and get a decent points haul, probably starting with the front 3 of Beavon, Rutherford & Grant for Salford, then introducing Tolitt and maybe utilising Holroyd, MFT & JMD for fresh legs. Then look to address our offensive play in January.

EnglishRed 23rd December 2018 13.28:22

I still think we are lacking an obvious focal point, the main striker. Fondop isn't ready. And neither Pyke, Holroyd or Beavon are that.

We've got lots of. Options for the wide forwards in a three but precious few for the actual goalscorer (I know this is nothing people don't know)

So I'd bring in that centre forward as soon as possible.

Tollit/Beavon/Ruthers.
? /MFT
Grant/Pyke/Holroyd

corwenred 23rd December 2018 13.29:18

Tough one. Perhaps something like a 4-1-3-2. That could potentially be and very attacking lineup if we had a front two of say Beavon/Fondop with Grant/Rutherford/Tollit as the 3.
Would leave us very open though.

OneLoveWrexham 23rd December 2018 13.31:16

Quite a lot still picking Rutherford in a attacking position, I really don’t understand this as a game like yesterday was crying out for a JMD or a Tollitt who have pave to burn and can score goals out of nothing this will be the difference over Christmas as it’s all too safe.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.42:27.