RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Solihull Moors (H) Player Ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113161-solihull-moors-h-player-ratings.html)

Lods 29th December 2018 17.19:19

Solihull Moors (H) Player Ratings

I always enjoy doing this in every game I attend, so I'll keep it seperate from the reaction thread:

Lainton: 7 - Did whatever he needed to do well. Helped by a sturdy-as-ever defence and the fact Solihull's strikers couldn't hit a barn door.
Carrington: 7 - Solid at right back, solid when moved into midfield. Always useful and didn't put a foot wrong.
Lawlor: 7 - Started shaky, got pick-pocketed a few times by Wright, but settled and improved as the game went on.
Pearson: 8 - MOTM. Lead from the back, had a very good game and didn't put a foot wrong. Blissett and Yussuf are no slouches and he handled them well.
Jennings: 7.5 - Extra .5 of a point just for that goal-line clearance in the first half. Very different game if that goes in. Had a good game and his running helped create the goal.
Walker: 8 - Had an excellent game and was sponsor's MOTM. Great vision, the highlight was that lovely little turn around their player in the first half.
Wright: 6 - Could have had a hat-trick today. However kept up with the physical opposition and didn't let himself get imposed on in the middle of the park like a lot of young players would have.
Summerfield: 6 - Not his finest hour-or-so, but played some good balls and kept the ball well when he needed to.
Rutherford: 7 - Typical Rutherford effort, but capped it off with a rare goal. Had a good game today, was causing their defenders problems.
Grant: 7 - Was a threat going forward, although I felt he and Rutherford could have exploited the full backs more, they seemed shattered.
Beavon: 7 - Got an assist, had his running shoes on like normal. Was a nuisance all game.

SUBS:
Young: 6 - Didn't notice him too much, but he helped out when the going got tough.
Tollitt and Roberts: N/A - Not on long enough to give a fair assessment

Overall, happy with that performance. A pretty win and an ugly win in a matter of days. These are the game promotion contenders have to win.

Colonel D 29th December 2018 17.22:59

Re: Solihull Moors (H) Player Ratings

Lawlor and Jennings worth 8 each ,but I didn’t think a Walker worth more than 7

Hometown Unicorn 29th December 2018 17.26:11

Lainton 7

Carrington 7
Pearson 9
Lawlor 8
Jennings 9

Walker 8
Summerfield 6
Wright 6

Rutherford 8
Grant 7
Beavon 7

Young 6
Tollitt & Roberts NA

billybersham 29th December 2018 17.30:27

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2212813]Lainton 7

Carrington 7
Pearson 9
Lawlor 8
Jennings 9

Walker 8
Summerfield 6
Wright 6

Rutherford 8
Grant 7
Beavon 7

Young 6
Tollitt & Roberts NA[/QUOTE]

Excellent ratings but is Summerfield worth a 6,goes missing to often when we are being dominated,we need better if we are going to be champions

TWREX 29th December 2018 17.51:34

[QUOTE=billybersham;2212820]Excellent ratings but is Summerfield worth a 6,goes missing to often when we are being dominated,we need better if we are going to be champions[/QUOTE]

That's not even a very good joke?

Ddraigoch 29th December 2018 18.16:13

Lainton: 7 - Wasn't unduly troubled but still looks calm whenever it gets a bit nervy.
Carrington: 8 - gets an 8 for playing well at RB and in front of the back four. They never crossed from his side and he got forward a great deal especially in 1st half.
Lawlor: 7 - I think today showed his real worth. Never got bullied by Blissett or Wright.
Pearson: 9 - MOTM. He will go down in folklore if he continues like this. Took an elbow for his efforts
Jennings: 8 - brilliant interplay and cross for the goal and a goal line clearance to boot. Since GB got the job he has been more solid - is it any coincidence?
Walker: 8 - mopped up anything loose and protected the back 4 brilliantly. The little drag back was worth the admission money.
Wright: 6 - a different Akil today but had chances to score in the first half. His ability to ghost into the box almost unnoticed is a huge benefit
Summerfield: 6 - Not his sort of game today. To be fair Kyle Storer did a job on him and when he managed to get free, he was up against Jamey Osborne.
Rutherford: 7 - Full of effort and running but little output until he found a way to score.
Grant: 6 - Played the lone striker role well when Beavon went off but up until then, thought he was a bit leggy
Beavon: 7 - How does he do it at his age? He harried the Solihull back four throughout and didn't give them a minute.

SUBS:
Young: 6 - the all important blocks and clearances but otherwise not much going forward.
Tollitt - one good run and hold up play in the corner but not too much seen of him today
Roberts: Nice to be able to bring him on and give him game time when we were under the cosh!!

Management 10 - You can see why Solihull are doing well, they bully teams into submission and came hoping to score from a set piece. GB and his backroom team did a job on them and we reaped the rewards.

Dougie Davies 29th December 2018 18.34:56

[QUOTE=billybersham;2212820]Excellent ratings but is Summerfield worth a 6,goes missing to often when we are being dominated,we need better if we are going to be champions[/QUOTE]

Hahahaaa

krux 29th December 2018 18.35:49

Lainton 7 didn't have much to do. Their main chances went wide

Carrington 8 great defending
Lawlor 9 superb Against their big lad
Pearsn 10 awesome performance
Jennings 9 played well, goal line clearance and assist

Walker 8 more centre half than playmaker today but did well
Ruthers 9 super
Summerfield 8 another good performance in a battlefield midfield
Wright 7 good
Grant 8 lovely flick on and got stuck in

Beavon 8 didn't come off as often as Salford but still good

Subs
Young 7 I like him a lot
Tollit a couple of good runs
Roberts fine
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

RHOS ROBIN 29th December 2018 18.49:18

I wish you Jester fans would piss off,some of these ratings are laughable.If you are not Jester fans you haven't got a clue about football,have you ever played the game or coached a team ?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.48:08.